Anyone else want to shed some lbs?

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Well done everyone! I've managed to lose 6-7 lb but am going on holiday the day after tomorrow so am confidently expecting it to pile back on.

js1006

Visit site
As an aside, does anybody else shufty their weight on the scales/move them to the optimum place on the floor to get the best reading? :D

This! I managed to lose 11kg over the Easter weekend, then realised the scales were half on the bathmat, half on the floor. Turns out I'd actually lost ziltch (but not put anything on either so I'm happy!).

Nici

Visit site
Well done you!
Yes, I keep my weight in check for the sake of the horses...
A Mediterranean diet seems to work best (if only I followed it a bit more) - that is to go low on the carbs, high on the veggies (often roasted or grilled, yum).

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Didn't gain any weight on holiday (very surprising - wondered if scales are right, but waistbands still fit more comfortably so they might be correct) and have lost a pound since coming back from holiday.
A question for the biologists amongst you - when you're losing / gaining weight, and eating less / more, how long does it take for the weight change to show? Could I still gain weight from the holiday, for example, or would it have shown up on the scales by now? (We came back on Tuesday.) Just asking because once or twice the scales have been giving me better news than I'd expected, and I wasn't sure if it was because it was too soon after feasting for the extra calories to have turned into fat.