Anyone else want to shed some lbs?

scats

Visit site
Take it easy, scats, you've not been well. It will come off, eventually.

When you are feeling a bit better, you could try some HIITs - the weight is dripping off me like treacle through a pin hole but nevertheless it's going. Am down 2lbs since Wed's weigh in (tsk, and I said I'd stay off the scales) so it's coming off. Am also following the Body Coach principles so low carbs, high protein and appropriate re-fuelling after a workout. Certainly feeling better, anyway.

Thank you. Can I ask what HIITs you do? Do you follow a particular program?

buddylove

Visit site
How are we all doing?
Jibbed last week, so weighed in last night fully expecting a gain. To my surprise it was 2.5lb off taking me to 14.5lb in 7 weeks and getting my shiny stone award!!
Really pleased and motivated to keep it going 😊

Wheels

Visit site
I haven't weighed myself in weeks but I can see a difference in how I look and clothes that were too small now fit, clothes that did fit are now too big.

And I feel great!!! The exercise I'm doing, I feel stronger, more supple and fitter so that's what it's all about for me.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and I think my PT will take measurements either tomorrow or Monday to measure progress that way too

HeresHoping

Visit site
Thank you. Can I ask what HIITs you do? Do you follow a particular program?

Hi,

I have 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs - 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and the Boost Metabolism one. The first two offer 24 minute sessions (including warm up and cool down), and the Metabolic job is 7 x 6 minute HIITs of which I do 4, 5 or all 7 depending upon time available, plus warm up. These all work on the HIIT principle - and for those of us who are more creaky and groany and older than we'd like, there is a gentler option for each exercise. I'm mixing them up with the 25 minute Joe Wicks HIITs on YouTube and am just about to sign up to Daily Burn which should send me through daily HIITs 30 minute sessions - first month is free and then it works out at about £4 per month which you can cancel at any time. Hope you are feeling better.

Am off the scales until next Wed but seem to have a slightly smaller backside than I did 6weeks ago. :p

Well don Tyssandi! That's great.

Well done everyone else!

Steerpike

Visit site
Well done everyone! I've switched to swimming 5 x a week only for half an hour at the moment as my hip started to give me grief running, so far I've lost 6lb wish it was more but I feel better for swimming and am starting to feel more toned!

ponyparty

Visit site
You are an inspirational bunch!

I've been TERRIBLE and on Monday weighed in at 10st 8lbs = that's 3lbs MORE than when I first posted on this thread! ARGH!

Have started dieting again (cutting out MOST junk food, that means - not doing any faddy rubbish) in earnest this week; temptation is everywhere though. Have just started dating someone so am being wined and dined rather frequently, this is not conducive to weight loss!!

Also, need to get some new running shoes as my current ones are so ancient they haven't got any spring to them any more. This is resulting in sore heels the day after running, which in turn makes me reluctant to run (duh) just can't afford to buy any this month. Sigh.

Will post what I weigh on this Monday coming... I'd better have lost some :-/

pennyturner

Visit site
Well, the weight is going, if very very slowly. 10st 12lbs, which is a sight better than the 11st 9 I started at. However, it's the shape difference that's noticeable. On Monday I borrowed my 16yo daughter's bathing costume (OK, it looks better on her), and I reckon I'm less than half a stone away from being able to actually see my tummy muscles!

Something odd is also happening to my appetite. I LOVE broccoli, and this morning I was offered a biscuit with coffee at a friend's house, and was surprised to find I didn't actually want it. Go figure.

horsefeed

Visit site
Can I join? Started In January and was very good but Feb has been disastrous!! Doubly need to lose weight, my wedding is 12th July and my dress doesn't fit and I have a 14.2hh pony who is nearly 5 who needs work but I am too fat!!
Start Weight 13st13
Today 13st
Goal Weight 10st
Height 5ft7

Wheels

Visit site
That's brilliant horsefeed! You've lost 13 lbs which is great

How do people decide on their target weight? I can't quite decide and think I will know when I get there!

TheFizzPony

Visit site
*Hides* I went home for the weekend and ate lots of yummy food :( played netball on Sunday and seem to have done something to my calf so have been hobbling around and definitely not running! Hoping I will be able to get out tomorrow, failing that I will do leg bums and tums or go to the gym on friday! I have been weighing myself as and when I feel like it and I think I have put weight on :(

Trying very hard to get back on track now!

scats

Visit site
I didn't start til last week really, due to illness and doctor banning me from doing anything until my temperature went back to a sensible (ish) level.

I've lost 2lbs!

I realised that diet alone isn't going to help me, and clearly doing 2 horses isn't enough to make my body think I'm doing anything, so I started swimming and now go 2-3 times a week. I managed 32 lengths this morning!

If I can shift another 6lbs I would be quite happy to stop there and then just maintain that weight.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Still the same weight as before Xmas, but a lot fitter! I am eating more healthily, running, swimming, cycling, doing Pilates. Weight is stuck though (although clothes do seem to be looser fitting!).

Well done everyone else.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Just weighing in to see how you gals are doing with shedding ££££ - I lost just over a stone now Here is my progress though picture does not show up top today's chart

Screenshot_20170318-225452_zpsfd02sat8.png

Last edited:

fuzzymooch

Visit site
So wanted to reply to this before but only had baby last week! Sooo determined to loose all my baby weight and get back into my jods (rather than leggings). No idea of weight but need to go down two dress sizes for jods. Was nearly there loosing last few inches from dd1 (17 months) when I found out about dd2 :).

Well done all if you so far support totally the key, by summer we'll all be fab!

Steerpike

Visit site
That's a great graph, how did you get that? Just put on a pair of jeans I normally wear and realise they are too baggy now, 10lb lost and in noticing the difference!

buddylove

Visit site
Forgot to update recently!! Things have slowed down a bit over the last few weeks as not been 100% on plan, but no gains and 1st 4lb lost so far. Just need to keep the motivation!!

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Last edited:

Fidgety

Visit site
Well done all you losers!

I'm hovering around my first target weight (1/2 stone off) so now I'm going to go for my 'dream' weight (another 1/2 stone). I've fallen off the wagon a bit this week food and exercise wise so I'm not looking forward to getting on the scales. However, it's spin and abs in a couple of hours which always remotivates me. Onwards and upwards!

pennyturner

Visit site
Glad everyone is still at it. I just made my target, losing just over a stone. Another 6lbs to 'dream' weight (mid range of BMI chart seemed like a good arbitrary target), plus I'd like to get back under 10 stone, even if it's just by a wafer :)

Wheels

Visit site
I've lost 1 st and 3 lbs and I'm pretty happy now with my weight - a few podgy areas still but I'll continue with the eating the way it is and the exercise and they may go over time :)

scats

Visit site
Feeling quite despondent, no more weight loss than those 2lbs a few weeks ago. I can't eat anything less without collapsing (1100 calories) and I am swimming 50 lengths 2-3 times a week on top of horses, riding and dog walking.

I think GP was obviously right when he said that it will be virtually impossible to lose weight as my current condition stands. I had to up my calories a bit because I felt so dizzy.

But I have massively toned up, so that's good.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I now am in a routine cereal with fruit for breakfast no lunch - nothing till 6pm where I have a packets walkers ( small ones) and sensible dinner - these are like the original Alli so bind the fat so one with both meals
Xenical Capsules

Lost 1 stone 1 lbs

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I've lost about 4 lb - very good by my standards, I usually lose a pound then put it straight back on again! Just been being a bit more self-disciplined re portion sizes and puddings, reduced the amount of meat I eat, been swimming a few times.

mjcssjw2

Visit site
Scats, you might not be eating enough, sorry i have only just come in on this thread and dont know what plan you are following, or what you weigh, but 1100 cals is not a lot is you are exercising and i assume horsing as well. oh and the other thing is that you may well put weight on toning up, but the toning process took me forever - but i am quite old

Last edited:

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Feeling quite despondent, no more weight loss than those 2lbs a few weeks ago. I can't eat anything less without collapsing (1100 calories) and I am swimming 50 lengths 2-3 times a week on top of horses, riding and dog walking.

I think GP was obviously right when he said that it will be virtually impossible to lose weight as my current condition stands. I had to up my calories a bit because I felt so dizzy.

But I have massively toned up, so that's good.

me too and if you take my lost calories per day excercise off the acquired amount I am most likely on the 1100 max prob why the scales are dropping 0 .1 or two of a day or two

fairyclare

Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party (story of my life!!) but I need to shift some lard, off to SW this week.
I have lost 3st with weight watchers previously but it's been creeping back on and now I feel too heavy for my horse, so whilst she is off it's a good chance for me to get slimming!

Ideally I want to loose a stone before my holiday in April, I think it might be a bit ambitious but I'm going to give it a go!

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party (story of my life!!) but I need to shift some lard, off to SW this week.
I have lost 3st with weight watchers previously but it's been creeping back on and now I feel too heavy for my horse, so whilst she is off it's a good chance for me to get slimming!

Ideally I want to loose a stone before my holiday in April, I think it might be a bit ambitious but I'm going to give it a go!

good luck x