Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Lovely test from Charlotte (that’s two fab dressage riders with the name Charlotte and then there’s me, dragging the name down).

Really missing a bit of commentary.

Parrotperson

Visit site
For anyone bemoaning the BBC - they're only allowed to show two sports at the same time. Part of the contract.

then I apologise. But that's a daft contract to sign really. they were certainly showing more sports at Rio so assume the Olympic broadcaster wanted loads of money and the Beeb couldn't justify it.

No chance of seeing the x country then unless staying up into the middle of the night and watching on discovery plus. V sad

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm def going to practice some zigzag this weekend, that centre line view is really brilliant to see it from and normally if you watch in person you don't get that view. i've read before that judges can't really tell when you start so the first 3 strides often turns into a 4 strides and that's what you can see from the camera angle, most seem to do 4,6,6,6,3

teapot

Visit site
jeez. presumably that wasn't the case previously when they had zillions of red button options.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking at replies, Discovery+ has the rights hence the live streams of every sport. BBC has then purchased access and that was the deal...

then I apologise. But that's a daft contract to sign really. they were certainly showing more sports at Rio so assume the Olympic broadcaster wanted loads of money and the Beeb couldn't justify it.

No chance of seeing the x country then unless staying up into the middle of the night and watching on discovery plus. V sad

Not sure it was OBS, but more Discovery+. I believe the IOC sell the rights.

Parrotperson

Visit site
because Discovery has all the money and the. BBC cant be seen to be wasting it by purchasing expensive olympic sport contracts. sad.

MuddyMonster

Visit site

Are the BBC not showing the eventing XC then?

Maybe I won't cancel my Discovery Plus membership tomorrow ?

palo1

Visit site
Just signed in to the free discovery trial and hoping that watching (currently empty arena lol) will inspire and educate me slightly!! Feels incredibly decadent to be watching telly on a Saturday morning too. Silly old Beeb though...