Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

j1ffy

Visit site
I do like this mare a lot, she just lacks a bit of the lightness of expression sometimes? she's usually very correct but seems to lack the sort of joy you see from some others.

I agree - she was more expressive when younger but it feels to me like it’s been trained out of her in preference for accuracy. I think the same with most of IW’s horses. She’s obviously an amazing competitor but her performances do nothing for me.

j1ffy

Visit site
The piaffe is passage on the spot
But it’s a very good passage on the spot!

There’s no attempt to sit at all. I’m not with Lucinda and the judges on that one!

Much preferred Charlotte’s test but at least all our team have got through successfully. Bring on the medal rounds!

Ps my Discovery + has frozen too.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Agreed- it is not worth a 10 by the definition of piaffe, but it’s up in the poll, out with the nose and I much prefer it to the base narrow, tight necked unbalanced efforts of many
yeah it's not right but those aren't right either, and what BR does is nicer to watch (and arguably gives Isabell an advantage on the PI/PA transitions because all she's got to do is take the handbrake off, haha!)

j1ffy

Visit site
I assume that doing passage on the spot makes the transition in and out of passage easier. With separate marks for the transition it seems like good tactics, particularly if the judges don’t mind it.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
if charlotte hadnt had such low marks for that change gio would have scored very similar to bella rose which is amazing considering how young he is.....he reminds me a bit of valegro and i hope he will match him eventually, if that is possible
yeah I agree, i think he's got that bouncy ball of energy feel about him and seems similarly motivated and happy in the work.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Ok, so, qualified teams in order are:

Germany, Great Britain, Denmark, USA, Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal and Spain.

And qualified individuals are:

Charlotte Fry, Therese Nilshagen, Cathrine Dufour, Edward Gal, Jessica von Bredow-Werndal, Sabine Schut-Kery, Carina Cassoe Kruth, Adrienne Lyle, Dorothee Schnieder, Juliette Ramel, Isabelle Werth, Charlotte Du Jardin, Stephen Peters, Hans Peter Minderhoud, Carl Hester, Nanna Skodborg Merrald, Beatriz Ferrer-Salat and Rodrigo Torres.

Interesting only one of the "best of the rest" came from today, and three came from the same group!