Anyone want a thread for the Olympic dressage live?

teapot

Visit site
yeah it was more a question of what will discovery show, will they be showing it live, and if so, do we watch the second session live and then watch the first afterwards?!

Going by the other sports, it'll be live if you select the actual sport, not rely on Eurosport channel 1 or 2. I watched the rowing live very very early this morning.

ETS: already on there if you look, ready to go live at 0.25am Sat, then session two at 9.25am.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Going by the other sports, it'll be live if you select the actual sport, not rely on Eurosport channel 1 or 2. I watched the rowing live very very early this morning.

ETS: already on there if you look, ready to go live at 0.25am Sat, then session two at 9.25am.
yes but what is everyone going to DOOOOOOOOOO :p i'm going to go with plan A unless the HHO consensus is to watch them in order, will be working friday so can't be watching at 3am :p it has been nice chatting live with the action, if we all start watching at different times that won't work.

Bernster

Visit site
So many lovely tests. Completely unqualified to opine but I still felt that some riders looked quite ‘hard’ riders, eg the last German rider. I assume she was working hard to get the best out of her horse, but it didn’t have the apparent elegance and ease of some of the other riders, like Charlotte.

Parrotperson

Visit site
Can I just clarify when the Xc is?

I make it 11.45pm Saturday start then in into Sunday morning v v early?
Is that right? Don’t wanna miss it!

HashRouge

Visit site
Ah I'm just not that interested in dressage I'm afraid, certainly not as something to sit and watch all the way through. I really only watched Rodrigo Torres and Carl, plus the last four riders today. I'll watch quite a bit of the XC and the final SJ rounds for the eventing.

(This is not to say I'm right btw, it's just my opinion! I love watching the cycling road race, which I know bores some people to tears!)

Equi

Visit site
I’ll be away all weekend so I’ll not see any of it live. I’ll watch it on catch up so won’t want any spoilers lolol

Lexi_

Visit site
Can I just clarify when the Xc is?

I make it 11.45pm Saturday start then in into Sunday morning v v early?
Is that right? Don’t wanna miss it!

I think so! I get embarrassingly confused when I look at the times listings though ?

It’ll be fun: I’m FJing on Sat starting at 9am and last horse is due on course at 7.20pm ? Then drive an hour home and power through to the cross-country, armed with lots of snacks and wine.

Branna

Visit site
I'm away at an eventing camp this weekend and sharing a hotel room with a friend - have already warned her that we will be watching the XC at silly o'clock!

Don't think I will do the dressage night session too though...

scats

Visit site
Bit late to the party as I was out shopping with my mum but we ended up in costa for lunch just in time to watch Charlotte on my phone and see the result.
As my Dad very rightly said when we got home, Charlotte was playing the long game with Gio today, it was never really about this medal. So to get bronze was absolutely incredible.

I’m up for a night eventing watch if anyone else is? I’m not the best sleeper as it is!

HashRouge

Visit site
is it available to watch live anywhere other than Discovery? (The XC especially?)
If you have Eurosport then probably yes, although it is owned by Discovery so more or less the same thing. Otherwise, you will be limited to whatever the BBC shows, which I imagine will be very little of the dressage, but maybe a bit of the XC/ SJ.