Bad weather coming

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Talking with a couple of colleagues, yesterday, and I said I thought there'd be snow at the end of next week. Just went to check Météo France, and the forecast now says light flurries for Thursday and Friday of next week; night time temperatures of -4°C or -5°C and day time temperatures of around 2°C.

Fiona

Visit site
We've had sleety rain here for a lot of the day, but I noticed earlier that we now have a weather warming for Monday night into Tuesday morning for snow :( :(

Fiona

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We had a light covering of snow just before 6 o'clock, as we brought the horses in, then by 10 past 6 when the dogs went out after their tea, it had stopped snowing and the light covering had disappeared.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Bad weather's here! Four inches of snow so far. Looks like a lot of digging out to do tomorrow.

It depends on the length of the driveway or road you need to dig...

I remember having 40cm falling overnight, and digging out the 8 metres or so of driveway from the garage to the lane, then another 15 metres of lane up to the street, where the town's snowploughs had made a 2 metre high wall of snow...

That year, my Israeli neighbour was like a little kid. Having never seen snow in his childhood, he thought it was a wonderful excuse to go out and buy a petrol-engined snow blower.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Minus temperatures overnight, not the forecast minus 2 though. But warmed up to 4 degrees mid afternoon and has stayed there. Forecast to stay at 4 overnight. Looking at temperature maps at the moment we're sticking out of the top of the blue bit covering the rest of you. Lol.

JJS

Visit site
Snowing in West Yorkshire. Thought I could get away with leaving horses out but it's coming down pretty heavily now so I've brought them in for the night.

I'm also in West Yorkshire and we have a covering of snow here too. You could feel it in the air when I was doing the horses this afternoon so it was no surprise when the forecast turned out to be right. It's been bitterly cold all day.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm also in West Yorkshire and we have a covering of snow here too. You could feel it in the air when I was doing the horses this afternoon so it was no surprise when the forecast turned out to be right. It's been bitterly cold all day.

The Met Office app showed that we were going to have sleet/snow from about midday but nothing happened until 2.30, when a few flakes fell but disappeared without even wetting the ground. The first covering (about 6.00pm soon disappeared, then we got another light covering, which although no more has fallen, is still here, as the temp is low. So I am not congratulating the Met Office on their accuracy. It warmed up a bit here late morning, too, ice started melting.

3OldPonies

Visit site
I can't help it - I want some snow too 😜

It's just cold, grey and miserable in this neck of the woods, a nice bit of snow would make life more interesting. Not to mention complete chaos for most soft southerners😁😁😁

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
As agreed, Monday has arrived, the snow has not. We did have a light frost this morning, but it had cleared by the time the sun rose. At this point, the crisper nights are the only reason that I'm still feeding haylage in addition to the grass. I heartily recommend the "refusing delivery" approach to bad weather.

holeymoley

Visit site
Supposedly we’ve to get an afternoon flurry which won’t come to much and then this evening we’ve to get more which the expect to lie.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm watching the met office forecast slightly obsessively right now and can confirm it is changing, for my area at least, every time it is released! Yellow warning for ice issued for tomorrow.

Antw23uk

Visit site
I genuinely think Buckinghamshire has missed all this bad weather, its still mild and dry here! Tonight is supposed to get a bit showery and tomorrow looks a bit naff and cold .... I, and no one else I know, can believe I still havent rugged my two other than the odd day last week when it got to minus but lightweights made them too warm so i took them off again and changed my plans to rug at 0 degrees to now -5 degrees and below ..... with rain!

My ISH whimp of a horse is fluffy and seemingly loving being naked and both look great on foggage and a small breakfast ... amazing how life changes, he was so precious about winter before he lived out 24/7 and I dont ever think he has been without a rug at the time of year in his whole life!!

I may just pop rainsheets on them tonight ... if they dont bugger off as soon as they see the rugs come out!