Bad weather coming

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
We have some snow, it was interesting to see how the new car behaved as the van was brilliant in the snow-so it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be and got me to the farm. It was below zero all weekend (like -4) although defrosted somewhat yesterday before the snow came and it all froze up again. I have a 6 mile loop of interesting back road to navigate before I hit a treated road so forgive me for being a doomsayer type (no dont, I dont actually care, I work and have to be prepared). We've more forecast.
worth saying though that this isnt the bad weather forecasters are on about.

Fiona

Visit site
It snowed for about half an hour in Belfast and the traffic is absolutely crazy.

Seemingly there is none at home though which is great.

Unfortunately PC rally tonight has been cancelled, though maybe for the best if we suddenly got another heavy shower.

Fiona

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Overturned car in my lane today. 2wd, as always, getting to get down a single track road with a 20% drop (That's STEEP) covered in snow.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
OK so is there anybody out there who will PLEASE go out and purchase a whole load of "cold weather gear"; ya know, thermal underwear, breeches, the whole shaboodle. Oh and don't forget the Neds, spend all your money on massively thick turnout rugs, order tons of hay in and prepared to hunker down.

IME this is the best way to turn the weather around and engineer it so its nice and mild again (and dry), LOL :)

Visit site
OK so is there anybody out there who will PLEASE go out and purchase a whole load of "cold weather gear"; ya know, thermal underwear, breeches, the whole shaboodle. Oh and don't forget the Neds, spend all your money on massively thick turnout rugs, order tons of hay in and prepared to hunker down.

IME this is the best way to turn the weather around and engineer it so its nice and mild again (and dry), LOL :)

I went and got base layers from Aldi yesterday - they are really good btw!

Wheels

Visit site
Got a couple of inches here throughout the day, it snowed in Belfast at completely the wrong time I.e. 30 mins before I could leave work which meant tailbacks most of the way home. My usual 1hr journey took over 2 hours so not impressed but it does look very pretty

SEL

Visit site
White in Oxfordshire. Left work at 3 with big flakes falling but wasnt expecting it to settle. Took the photo around 4:30.

The Appy had her eyes on stalks coming in - she hates things changing and I don't think she 'gets' snow!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190122_170139_317.jpg
    IMG_20190122_170139_317.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Our area remains snow free. It tried to start earlier, but I glared at it until it went away. My career choice doesn't involve the use of motorised vehicles on my part. I walk everywhere. Believe it or not, pedestrians have an even harder time with bad weather than those tucked up inside cars. Last January was not fun for me. I refuse to tolerate a repeat of it.

Equi

Visit site
Thankgoodness! im clipping my fatties, chucking them out in a rug and hoping for the best!!

Currently they are in stable cause i felt bad. But the intention is there....

Im still going to clip them though! Stables can be cold enough im sure.

windand rain

Visit site
Stables are colder than being out most of the time as they can move around to keep warm outside
Snow here only lasted an hour or so hope its not too icy tomorrow for everyone

Abi90

Visit site
Absolutely no snow here, was glorious yesterday and not even that cold! Seems like we’ve missed it!

Antw23uk

Visit site
I weakened and put rain sheets on my two Monday night and left them on for the snow yesterday but changed to lightweights about 1600 as was heavily snowing and rugs where drenched (but dry) ... 0700 this morning .. both boiling hot!! Whats going on, I've never not been rugging at this time of the year! Love it :)

scats

Visit site
We had heavy hail last night that has frozen solid. Really, really slippery everywhere- roads are bad, cars crawling along. Couldn’t get in my car this morning as the doors were stuck. Then I couldn’t de-ice it as it was so thick and frozen.
Finally arrive at the yard and Millie chooses today to be an idiot going to the field, so I was terrified she was going to slip and I had poor Polly next to me who was trying to behave but was being wound up by the patchy one.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
We had slushy snow yesterday afternoon which soon part melted, followed by it freezing after dark and fresh snow falling on top. It's left everywhere icy, and as scats says, car doors frozen shut. OH has been retired for 21 months, so normally he wouldn't have had to venture out today, but he's on jury service atm so had to make a 35 mile journey this morning.

I had put rock salt down on my paved yard area yesterday but it didn't melt all of the snow/ice.

image.jpeg

I kept 2 in overnight and will put them out later.