Badminton 2023 thread

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Yes, he certainly doesn't seem to be popular. I wonder if it is that he has ginger hair?

I know a local business man who is naturally ginger. He dyes his hair brown and said that he gets on much, much better now with brown hair. Odd isn't it?
As a ginger myself I am not in the least bit surprised. We are the last safe target.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Just watched the highlights, a fantastic win for Ros Canter and incredibly well deserved! Glad to see some riders looking after their horses on the XC which looked tough going.

oldie48

Visit site
I thought Badminton TV was great value and I had really great pictures with the odd blip but nothing major. The course was a good test, it was the ground conditions that made it so difficult for some and I was pleased that the commentary focused a great deal on what the riders were doing to protect the horse's welfare and also to see riders taking long routes, not riding to their watch and making their own decision to retire when they felt they didn't have a horse under them that would complete the course safely. Initially I thought the first horses out on the course would be at an advantage but with hindsight I think they were disadvantaged as it became very apparent that the course needed very careful riding to ensure the horses didn't run out of energy, much more so than in a normal year (whatever that is!), definitely an advantage to have a lighter nimble horse with a light weight rider. I've only watched the BBC SJ but some of the rounds were just so beautifully ridden, pure class! Walter is such a beautifully produced horse and I love Ros's riding, the horse is obviously super talented but I can't help thinking that it's his rideability which makes him so special and surely that is a result of how he has been trained. Also great to see TC on her feet and becoming such a great commentator.

Bernster

Visit site
Haven’t watched today yet but heard the fab news about Ros Canter. So chuffed for her. She is lovely, very down to earth and relatable yet rides at the highest level. Clearly not just a one trick pony either and has two quality horses at the top level already. Amazing.

So sad to hear about Fiona Kashel’s horse. That’s the first thing we saw when we arrived, he was being bandaged up by the vet. His owners/connections were there and obv very upset but I was hoping it wasn’t that bad.

Our experience there wasn’t nearly as bad as some on here. It wasn’t as muddy as I thought it would be, and was far better than for dressage days. Once 1-2 riders had gone you could get to a decent viewing spot. We decided not to go today given the forecast and we wanted to get back home at a decent hour, so we did skip today.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Love the photo of Ros & Walter with the trophy - Walter looks so pleased with himself/looks like he wants to eat the trophy