Badminton XC Thread :)

WandaMare

Visit site
Black Tie looked like he was going to stop going through the lake..and now he has retired. Horse seemed to run out of energy..

Kadastorm

Visit site
My respect for Ollie has increased over the years. Lots of praise for his horse and quick decision to retire and sort the horse before walking back instead of riding.

Hope armada picks his feet up tomorrow!

Supertrooper

Visit site
My respect for Ollie has increased over the years. Lots of praise for his horse and quick decision to retire and sort the horse before walking back instead of riding.

Hope armada picks his feet up tomorrow!

I agree, really like him as a rider now. He rides some very difficult horses also and gets them going xx

I.M.N.

Visit site
They're like a giant plaster. They're designed to keep the nostrils nice and open to help air intake.

Ets nostrils is the wrong word, as it's the passage way not the opening that I'm talking about.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Good god, it's been absolute carnage this year :( Lots of sore bottoms tomorrow, poor Chris Burton.

Marmalade88 I think they are to expand the nostrils to help with getting oxygen in to the lungs.

Fidgety

Visit site
Love that analogy about XC riding and pulling out at T junctions in front of lorries - either go for it with conviction or let the lorry pass.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
It has, its been really testing this year...

I wonder if it's because there's been such a shortage of runs with lots of events being cancelled? Riders haven't had a chance to get their eyes in. The course doesn't look any more difficult than other years, and the ground and weather are perfect.

WandaMare

Visit site
I wonder if it's because there's been such a shortage of runs with lots of events being cancelled? Riders haven't had a chance to get their eyes in. The course doesn't look any more difficult than other years, and the ground and weather are perfect.

Could be. Also living in same area its been surprisingly hot and humid today, which might have tired the horses as they haven't had much chance to acclimatise to any warmth so far this year, although it won't be anything compared to RIO...

Supertrooper

Visit site
Thanks all for the updates, I'm not sure it's been the most relaxing way to spend my afternoon mind!!

Really hope that all horses and riders are ok, just a little sore.

P.S it's been odd having no Andrew N or William FP this year! Would of loved for Pippa to have been in still but hopefully she's out of hospital now xx

Clare85

Visit site
Maybe sudden change in temperature has had an effect also - it's been quite cold up until recently, so the very warm weather must make things a bit more tricky.

I.M.N.

Visit site
Right, time to attend to my own horses, I may have a few inspirational words with them too.

Great fun watching it with all of you again, until next year.