Badminton XC Thread :)

marmalade88

Visit site
ah I see, they're nose strips. They are very odd, I've never seen them before. Do you think they're on a sponsorship/advertising drive? I've never seen anything like that in racing, not to say they aren't used, I've just never seen them.

I can't believe it's over :(

WandaMare

Visit site
Joseph Murphy has just finished, last rider. Phew, we can all relax now :) Can someone pass me a large glass of wine please

teapot

Visit site
ah I see, they're nose strips. They are very odd, I've never seen them before. Do you think they're on a sponsorship/advertising drive? I've never seen anything like that in racing, not to say they aren't used, I've just never seen them.

I can't believe it's over :(

Been around for years!

Kadastorm

Visit site
Wow.
Not the most relaxing afternoon think my heart has skipped a few beats on a number of occasions!
Great job by Gemma, Ollie and Izzy.
Excited for tomorrow.
Really hope the horses and riders are all ok tomorrow, although some sore butts I feel!
Now I should probably get out of bed haha.

sasquatch

Visit site
Does anyone have any updates on Jeanette Breakwell and Let's Dance, and/or any of the other horses and riders who had some of the nastier falls today?

I can imagine most are fine and just bruised and sore, but just wanted to check!

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
According to the BBC, "He [Michael Jung] knocked down a single pole in last year's showjumping finale to miss out on the title, but can afford to see two poles fall this time, assuming his closest rivals deliver blemish-free rounds" - wouldn't you think they'd check their facts? Last year it was Andrew Nicholson who was in the lead and knocked the pole down!

HashRouge

Visit site
Ugh can't believe I missed it all! Spent the day driving instead!

Looking forward to tomorrow though. Shame Armada is unreliable over poles though...I'm always a bit heart in mouth at Ollie's rounds!

vineyridge

Visit site
In case anyone is interested, Gemma Tattersall would be sitting second and Mark Todd would be third after today if it weren't for the dressage coefficient. They would both lead Andreas Ostholt by less than one point.

vineyridge

Visit site
Unlike BE, the FEI adds half again the number of penalty points earned in dressage. So a 20% deficiency at an FEI competition will yield 30 penalty points. And because it's a fixed multiplier (1.5 instead of 1), the more dressage penalties you incur, the more FEI addon penalty points. It's entirely possible to win an FEI competition against riders with double clears in XC and stadium, not because of the point difference in the dressage score but because of the added FEI penalty points.

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
Taken from the Badminton site.

The Penalty score is calculated thus:
(Average Good Marks Percentage – 100+ Errors) X 1.5 = Penalty Score
e.g. (75.6 – 100 + 0) x 1.5 = 36.6 (example below)
This coefficient is designed to apply the desired influence the dressage phase should have on the competition as a whole. This co-efficient is set by the Sport’s Governing Body (FEI). The lower the penalty score the better.

vineyridge

Visit site
Taken from the Badminton site.

The Penalty score is calculated thus:
(Average Good Marks Percentage – 100+ Errors) X 1.5 = Penalty Score
e.g. (75.6 – 100 + 0) x 1.5 = 36.6 (example below)
This coefficient is designed to apply the desired influence the dressage phase should have on the competition as a whole. This co-efficient is set by the Sport’s Governing Body (FEI). The lower the penalty score the better.

That's correct, but it was instituted during long format days when there were two more phases on endurance day. The sport has changed drastically, and I believe the coefficient overweights dressage in short format and in CICs, i.e. all FEI events today.

only_me

Visit site
Thank you :)

Results of final inspection up, Emily Gilruth & Simon Grieve have both withdrawn so far, everything else passed so far

marmalade88

Visit site
The trot up seems to be going well for most of them. Does anyone know why ben hobdays horse has massive feet? I mean it's obviously sound and at the top of its game, but they were quite eye catching.

only_me

Visit site
The trot up seems to be going well for most of them. Does anyone know why ben hobdays horse has massive feet? I mean it's obviously sound and at the top of its game, but they were quite eye catching.

I noticed that too, lovely big feet :D some of horses are feeling very well, interesting to watch their movement - only a handful are truly straight, a lot dish slightly or are wide behind!

Thistle

Visit site
I wonder if it's because there's been such a shortage of runs with lots of events being cancelled? Riders haven't had a chance to get their eyes in. The course doesn't look any more difficult than other years, and the ground and weather are perfect.

The two main pre Badders runs are Burnham market and Belton, both at 3*. Both went ahead.

suffolkmare

Visit site
[He is part Clydesdale :) Ben calls him the #V8supercob :)[/QUOTE]

:D Thought so! I was so glad I found the trot up on you tube! Love all the shapes & sizes, feet & footwear, lol!

rachk89

Visit site
Feeling jealous of everyone at badminton and everyone outside. While they are enjoying the sunshine I am stuck fixing computer systems. Boo! Oh well can watch the jumping later and ride my horse.