Badminton XC!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Wow!

Love how they threw water at Oli, and left him to pick it up from the floor, while sorting the pony!

fetlock

Visit site
Not doing much for the sport, being seen to use his stick so many times, especially inbetween the second last and last fences on an obviously flagging horse.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I don't think he actually hit the horse every time he raised his arm, he said earlier that he waved the stick at his other horse.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I thought that wasnt pleasant viewing watching Oliver just then - I dont think a horse should be smacked round the course. He kept hitting him on the flat, it looks horrid. Even my 5yo asked me why he kept hitting him when he’d done nothing wrong. IMO there ahould be a rule about hitting in between fences. If you have to do it to wake the horse up, well surely the horse simply is not fit enough.

sasquatch

Visit site
horses who went towards the middle of the day seemed to be finishing best.

last few horses have all looked tired as they're coming to the finish, I wonder if it's coincidence

Tom McEwen looks tiny on that lovely grey!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I don't think he actually hit the horse every time he raised his arm, he said earlier that he waved the stick at his other horse.

He was very clearly (imo) waving it and urging the horse on, not beating it. That's not to say I'd rather not see it, but it's also not to say that with that sort of money on the line, I wouldn't do the same.