Beeston

horsestar

Visit site
Anybody know what happened at beeston yesterday? A group of people arrived and lots of ponies/horses to stop the meat man buying them. The horses were selling for more than double what they'd normally fetch! We went to buy a youngster for my friend to bring on and just couldn't buy one as we kept getting outbid!

Natch

Visit site
I would imagine it was people inspired by the lady who was in the mail recently for rescuing from Beeston. Leave it a month or two and perhaps they will have bought all they can :eek:

horsestar

Visit site
Really I totally missed that! You got a link to it? I was completely confused yesterday I had no idea what was going on?! They bought a shire with a mass of bleeding sarcoids and with sarcoids on chest and muzzle for £650 it was going to need slot of £ spending getting it right!
I have bought a few from there to give a chance to but don't think I could have bought as many as this lady yesterday!!!!!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
More well intentioned morons whose poor horses will clog up the welfare charities in the course of time. I really think Wright Manley should have a duty of care to stop people like this buying. The sooner horses are reclassified as livestock and people need permits to keep them the better. You can't keep a sheep without a permit why the hell should you be able to keep a horse without one?

horsestar

Visit site
Ha! I am watching a youngster I bought from there at Stafford BE on 22nd march! I bought her as a yearling and sold her ready to break at 3 and she's 5 now and has turned out to be so brave and bold- totally fell in to the best hands and I feel I did a good deed that day! So many happy outcomes and I just take on one a year to give it a chance. How's your ex racer?

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Ha! I am watching a youngster I bought from there at Stafford BE on 22nd march! I bought her as a yearling and sold her ready to break at 3 and she's 5 now and has turned out to be so brave and bold- totally fell in to the best hands and I feel I did a good deed that day! So many happy outcomes and I just take on one a year to give it a chance. How's your ex racer?

That's brill , I brought him by pure chance, I seen him and feel in love could not tell you to this day why. brought him 18th April 2012. He is a diamond he really is only thing he wont do is hack, but I have had horses who are 1000's pounds worth of horse that wont hack :rolleyes: But he is teaching my sister to Sj, he has been turned into a show horse he went and Won his first TARA class and went Res Champ we all cried that day lol He also does workers with my sister she adores him he is the only one she gets upset about lol He is worth his weight in gold he really is... Here's a couple of pics of him...

Day after we had him...

449.jpg

First show 2 months after we had him ( lots of bloody and sweat went into him...
563372_10151024544549589_1833550823_n.jpg

And the stig off the dump 3 weeks ago...
0f2adc7f-0fda-409d-890b-ac89db430fc2.jpg

I dont agree with what the woman has done... But each to there own ..

DressageCob

Visit site
Someone I know was involved in the buying of all the horses. They were begging for donations all over facebook and then bought every horse Turners bid on. What they do now with all the horses I don't know.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
whyyy have they bought all these horses?! :eek:

To save them from certain death!:rolleyes: They claim they out bid the 'bad meatman' on all.:rolleyes:

There were posts on FB begging for donations use to buy with days before Beeston.:rolleyes:

Even so I believe they bid more than they had! Then had to beg for more in a hurry to pay!:eek:

So how the fook are they going to afford their feed and ongoing care?:(

Looks like some could have found good homes if they had butted out. Instead they have left them with an uncertain future.:(

WelshD

Visit site
Someone I know was involved in the buying of all the horses. They were begging for donations all over facebook and then bought every horse Turners bid on. What they do now with all the horses I don't know.

Its possible they dont know either! :(

Littlelegs

Visit site
If they can't even afford to buy at beeston, then how the hell can they afford to keep them? My true opinion would just involve a lot of ****s. Most people fundraise if they wish to help charities, rather than make it a personal mission to provide future welfare cases. Stupid, stupid, brain dead, thoughtless, moronic, self serving, witless idiots. They've basically put their own desire to play the hero over any consideration of the horses future welfare. Morons.

noodle_

Visit site
To save them from certain death!:rolleyes: They claim they out bid the 'bad meatman' on all.:rolleyes:

There were posts on FB begging for donations use to buy with days before Beeston.:rolleyes:

Even so I believe they bid more than they had! Then had to beg for more in a hurry to pay!:eek:

So how the fook are they going to afford their feed and ongoing care?:(

Looks like some could have found good homes if they had butted out. Instead they have left them with an uncertain future.:(

no way?! link??

its stupid - im for slaughter (humanely)! so they really have lined the pockets of breeders/dealers and done a bad'un where the horses are involved......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oldenburg27

Visit site
no way?! link??

its stupid - im for slaughter (humanely)! so they really have lined the pockets of breeders/dealers and done a bad'un where the horses are involved......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly they have your right and U agree with you... Poor soul's maybe it would have been best going that way and not suffer in the hands of stupid people...

Patterdale

Visit site
They're also now fighting with each other over who gets the credit for 'saving' the horses, and apparently the two main ringleaders are just animal rights-eys who've jumped on the anti red lion bandwagon and can't tell a mare from a gelding.

They've pushed all the prices up and come home with totally unsuitable horses, like entires and mares in foal. The dealers must be rubbing their hands in glee.

Someone needs to report them for the poor horses sake.

horsestar

Visit site
The funny thing was they said they were bidding against turners but at the time turners were not even round the ring(my mum is a farmer and is at beeston every Friday and knows all the blokes) and she said he's not even there when they were claiming. I even approached them about the fact they'd outbid us and it was a shame as we had a lovely farming home to offer and they said we could buy it off them but theyd paid well over what they normally make and it would have been a very expensive way to of bought it so we will wait until next time!
If they had been aware of people in the seating were bidding they should have realised they were private buyers. Hey ho!

natalia

Visit site
How stupid can you get! I've just tried to see the Facebook group which is completely mental. I guess though the animal rights people are all a bit mental. Funnily enough when you have a look at members lists the first person who comes in the horse hoarders mate.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
If they can't even afford to buy at beeston, then how the hell can they afford to keep them? My true opinion would just involve a lot of ****s. Most people fundraise if they wish to help charities, rather than make it a personal mission to provide future welfare cases. Stupid, stupid, brain dead, thoughtless, moronic, self serving, witless idiots. They've basically put their own desire to play the hero over any consideration of the horses future welfare. Morons.

what she said^^^ although i may have had to use more *****'s;)

Nudibranch

Visit site
Good grief, where are these horses now then? These idiots ought to be brought to account. Totally agree the sooner owning a horse requires some sort of proper paperwork the better.

Just looked at the FB link... Im probably way behind everyone else here but close all the horse slaughterhouses? Then what? There's just no thought or common sense is there?

Last edited:

Coldfeet!

Visit site
good grief!

This is the second time ive heard of this happening, someone im loosely aquainted with has done a similar thing, they even claim to be a horse welfare officer, something needs to be done.

Perhaps a well worded petition may be in order written by a literate, sensible objective person.

Patterdale

Visit site
I asked them what they thought would happen to the horses after all UK slaughterhouses were closed, and was shouted down with 'WE DON'T CARE! JUST CLOSE THE HELLHOUSES! Rararara etc etc'
Then I was banned :rolleyes:

lula

Visit site
Ive been on the group in question since the lady who runs it started. (sister to the lady in the news recently in wales with the pic story with ponies in her living room)

It is absolute madness on a stick. The driving factor of this woman seems to be ego and a tragic event in her past which has left her with unresolved emotional issues and an obsession with rescuing mares and foals (especially) from the 'meat man' and Turners in particular.

The asking for donations that has gone on in the past few weeks within the group has been so strong if you dont donate money into her personal bank account (there is no charity set up as one of the sisters has CCJ's against her name)- you are told you will be responsible for a horse's death in as much as they will have less money without your donation to buy more.

People have been refused entry in to the group and thrown out, if you're not offering cash they're not interested.

Im in their very bad books as i refuse to donate to this farce myself and have had very ticked off private messages when i simply replied i didnt have the money to donate this week.

anyone who gains entry to this group can i just warn you, you will be deleted if you so much as ask an awkward question.

so you are aware, awkward questions include:

1. are you a registered charity and if so what is your name?

2. are these horses you buy up from Beeston being vet checked?

3. Why are you bidding against private buyers in the ring, bumping the price up 400% then, when you are approached by one outside the ring to buy, do you try to sell it for a £100 profit?

4. will any horses you rehome from your 'charity' have proper rehoming contracts put in place?

5. if you are collecting tenners just to buy them how are you going to afford to feed the latest 8 you bought at Beeston market this week?

anyone asking anything in this vein you will be accused of being all flavours of spies for the 'other side' and even members of Turner's family (the Red Lion slaughter house owner) and immediately deleted.

Just so you know!

Last edited:

Coldfeet!

Visit site
I bet Turners are not very happy they are being made out to be evil horse murderers. I used them for disposal once, very professional.