Beeston

Amaranta

Visit site
Do you know who owns the acre? As if that was my land, I'd be less than happy.

It's a shame, in a way, because I can see why people want to help- but, this is completely the wrong way. Donate to a registered charity, volunteer at one or whatever, but unless you have the funds, knowledge and time, don't 'rescue' umpteen horses, that you price out of genuine people who may have taken one on and given it a good life. All these people have done is got the sellers more profit than Turners would have, so encouraged them to sell/breed, because there's a market.

DeeDee, of course I will help. I haven't got any credit left on my credit card, but it is ok because I can get post lots of pictures of said pony for you so we can all buy it together. *group hug*

It's their own garden, they did have some land that some poor sod had given for free, but they provided no hay for the horses and when the owner of the land said that one of them needed a vet, they said they had no money for one, they are now telling everyone on their group that the rent was doubled (as there was no rent charge that still equals £0) which is why they went there, apparently assaulted the chap and lost him his job to boot. Apparently the police were there all day.

babeandbessy

Visit site
Hi, me and my other half are the owners of the land that we kindly let this charity use. We even turned out our horses and let them use there stable aswell as our bedding, hay, food, rugs, headcollars.. they basically had nothing of there own. We even offered to call vet out for one that had infected cuts and absesses along its back. All we got for this was abused, assaulted on our own land and blocked in our own yard all day yesterday.. they dialed 999 5 times yesterday in total and finally after police arranged a box for them eventually at 9pm yesterday after we caught the ponies for them as they were unable to and causing more stress to the ponies arguing abd shouting around them. They are now all dumped on an unused field.. these people need stopping as there going to buy more ponies on wednesday and the 16 they already have are in a worse condition now than when they bought them

Adopter

Visit site
Hi, me and my other half are the owners of the land that we kindly let this charity use. We even turned out our horses and let them use there stable aswell as our bedding, hay, food, rugs, headcollars.. they basically had nothing of there own. We even offered to call vet out for one that had infected cuts and absesses along its back. All we got for this was abused, assaulted on our own land and blocked in our own yard all day yesterday.. they dialed 999 5 times yesterday in total and finally after police arranged a box for them eventually at 9pm yesterday after we caught the ponies for them as they were unable to and causing more stress to the ponies arguing abd shouting around them. They are now all dumped on an unused field.. these people need stopping as there going to buy more ponies on wednesday and the 16 they already have are in a worse condition now than when they bought them

What a terrible situation for you and your OH to be in, you did your best but you are dealing with people who seem to be beyond normal reason, just locked into a mind set that can not open to see other points of view. The poor animals are going to suffer more as a result. Their ignorance is no excuse for what will become neglect.

You do not say, but I hope one or more of the equine charities have been informed, they have the expertise to do something, and if the ponies were already unfit, then they are going to deteriote quickly and need help.

I do so hope that something is done to stop them, but sadly probably only an action in court can do that.

amandap

Visit site
What an utterly depressing sad and sorry story. :( That's humans for you, no thought of the consequences of actions to massage their egos and have their 5 minutes of fame.

Perhaps we could all donate to the charity that has to mop up this mess with the poor horses stuck in the middle?

Adopter

Visit site
Several equine charities are monitoring them.

Thanks for the update, lets hope they run out of money and have to stop buying, it is enough to put genuine people off using Beeston if they think prices will will be run up just to feed these people's warped aims.

Like others feeling terribly sad at plight of ponies.

Last edited:

tessybear

Visit site
I'm on the Facebook page and it's shocking how they think they are actually doing any good :eek: what's going to happen to these poor mites when they get tired of being "heroes"

tessybear

Visit site
they keep telling each other 'well said' but I can hardly follow a word of it.

Just e-mailed super woman :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: regarding what they will be doing with the youngsters, if in a one to one home which they could have gone to if those idiots had not taken them all. Many of the youngsters could have been worked with and broken in giving them a bright future, i fear they shall be left to their own and grow up without a future ahead of them due to these "great" people and their work :mad:

honetpot

Visit site
What really saddens me is there are people trying in difficult hostile circumstance trying to castrate colts and find knowledgable homes for ones they can rehome. Half of what these people have spent'saving' these poor ponies whould have helped animals which people can not even be bothered to euthanise properly.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/elybay/?fref=ts#!/groups/welshrehomingproject/?fref=ts
Every one wants to be seen as resucueing something, I know a women who spent hundreds of pounds on a sheep 'rescued 'from slaughter but left a trail of debts and out buildings 4feet deep in manure, the sheep could look you in the eye. I think its a bit like OCD and they need treatment as they have no perpective.

Amaranta

Visit site
Not sure how true it is but apparently the ones they took away are being fly grazed on Congleton Common?

Ladyinred

Visit site
It's all going to hell in a handcart today. Accusations flying back and forth and more attention paid to egos than to the ponies.

doriangrey

Visit site
My goodness! I've just read this with an open mouth :eek: Who is benefiting from this? Certainly not the ponies by the sound of it .. tbh I wouldn't rehome a rabbit if I didn't have the know-how/resources to look after it properly. Surely there is something that can be done to stop this kind of misguided interference? It's really not enough just to be well-intentioned :confused:

Adopter

Visit site
Hopefully Beeston will refuse to let them buy.

I was wondering about this, if they bought and then had to find money last week, how can they register as serious purchasers this week without money, I have no idea what the legal positon is and if the autioneers can ban them from purchasing at the sale, given that they are causing so much dispute and putting off genuine buyers.

s4sugar

Visit site
At least if they have just been throught Beeston the microchip numbers should be on record and the purchasers can be traced.
The Council should have their Animal Welfare Officer step up and impound them.

horsestar

Visit site
When I approached them on Wednesday I said I was not interested as they had bought it for far more money than we had gone too and on any other week would have been a good price! And it's not that we can't afford it was just the principle of it! Anyway we walked out but my mum got stuck behind some other people and as walked off theyd said I looked dodgy!!!!! Mum soon put them right! I would love to know how they see themselves if I'm dodgy!!!!

tessybear

Visit site
theyd said I looked dodgy!!!!! QUOTE]

Bet they thought you were a Turner! Anyone who questions them is a Turner!

Anyway can I suggest we all the ponies a favour and report their group on FB as a scam. Report button is to the right of the 'join group' button.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157295617759618/?fref=ts

Do you know what a Turner is ? That confused me i was accused of being a spy for questioning if they have seen horses being beaten by youths and starved/no water and apparantly "reported" is to BHS and WHW they had not come out ? They are very good with such things.... :rolleyes: I'd rather burn money than give it to those idiots.