Beeston

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I'm not on facebook, so I can't get access to their page - but let me get this right in my own head. They are a private company relying on donations to buy horses on the cheap that they then re-assess/rehabilitate and then find homes for them? Do they have the expertise, space, stabling? Who's paying for any veterinary treatment, feed, farrier. dentist etc? Do they gift (for want of a better word) the horses to their supposedly 'forever' home, or do they expect some sort of payment? Is that the gist of it? What happens to any 'rescues' they buy that aren't suitable for re-homing, or are they just buying horses and not rescuing at all?

They have around 16 horses on 2 acres of land.

They are dealing under the guise of 'rescue'.

If the horses are lucky they get veterinary treatment. They do not get wormed, nor do they see the farrier.

They are not rescuing. Merely buying from Beeston sales.

doriangrey

Visit site
I sincerely hope that no-one donates to their little 'business' venture and that they make it clear that they are a private enterprise and not a charity/legit rescue. I don't know about the legalities but it seems terribly unethical - especially if they are out-bidding genuine buyers just to make a profit down the line. Not to mention what's happening to the poor horses. What a god-awful mess :(

lowjumper

Visit site
I'm not on facebook, so I can't get access to their page - but let me get this right in my own head. They are a private company relying on donations to buy horses on the cheap that they then re-assess/rehabilitate and then find homes for them? Do they have the expertise, space, stabling? Who's paying for any veterinary treatment, feed, farrier. dentist etc? Do they gift (for want of a better word) the horses to their supposedly 'forever' home, or do they expect some sort of payment? Is that the gist of it? What happens to any 'rescues' they buy that aren't suitable for re-homing, or are they just buying horses and not rescuing at all?

Nearly right, it is actually a LIMITED Company, so they can wash their hands of any losses (the 'director' has done this before, many times under different names)

The rest is correct re the scam, where they are living now is unsure as they have just been evicted.
They buy and sell on or 'rent' them out

honetpot

Visit site
The people are so deluded its not funny. I think the is a post grad thesis in this someone could then give it an ism and get their name in some medical text book.

guido16

Visit site
I drove passed a signpost for beeston today. Not bad going considering I live north of Aberdeen.
Immediately thought about these whacko's who buy there.

These woman need put through the sales and sent to the meat man.

ter21wat

Visit site
All kicking off between them again last night and today....https://www.facebook.com/HFHltd :confused: :eek: The group is open so everyone can see whats being said...crazy! Someone who used to know the horse Bertie with the swollen hock says it was kicked and has always been lame since....yet there they are with a man riding it! Poor thing :(

Did nothing ever happen with trading standard on this?

Fii

Visit site
And it looks like old Ruth has changed sides again!!! all she is good for is throwing insults around at people who dare to disagree or have opinions that dont match her's!!

ter21wat

Visit site
Matthew she doesn't seem to be doing a very good job, asking £800 for a sec A pony on preloved.

Emma she has asked for advice and guidance and was advised to put that price so fair enough if that isn't correct then mum will soon learn. She has no interest in making profit from them but wants to make sure they go to really nice homes and will always be safe.

Ladyinred

Visit site
Having to keep some information quiet but trust me you haven't heard the worst yet. Not by a long chalk.

Bloody tragic, those ponies would have been better having a quick death at Turners than a long slow hungry one.

ter21wat

Visit site
comment from the HFHLtdpage....i said the horses get hay an water twice a day i was picking them grass as they do need more than hay some were on hard feeds to. I moved my horse as he was hungry and needed to be eating grass.... i was picking the ponies grass by the wheel barrow which was gone in seconds. I dont lie i have nothing to hide, Jackie is doing the best she can with the horses but they do need grazing asap. Please leave me out of your comments all i did was help the horses

Seems a vet is being called out today as some of the horses are that poorly....apparently the page will be updated later today....

Last edited:

horseydebbie

Visit site
This saga continues to rumble on. She is obviously still buying at Beeston, but it seems that she has also sold some. I'm sure she has bought quite a lot more than the 16 she now has. Did anyone go to the last sale? Does Jackie or Ruth go or is it their cronies who bid for them? I feel so sorry for these poor horses, living with such ignorant and inexperienced people. I Cant understand why they would choose to outbid genuine buyers, who probably could offer a much better home. I doubt that this is a genuine rescue charity. It is just for profit

LaurenBay

Visit site
Can't believe Ruth reported us to the RSPCA and Trading Standards :rolleyes: as if they haven't got anything better to do. Crazy Lady