Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
Omg I don’t know. I turned them out briefly whilst I did stuff and grabbed bog inside the barn to sort his hoof leaving the other two quietly grazing around the corner. The others then went mental when they realised they couldn’t see him! Galloping around like idiots screaming for Bog. What on earth.. some kind of sick relationship where he’s horrid to them and they love him for it.

Horses are weird.

BMA2

Visit site
Omg I don’t know. I turned them out briefly whilst I did stuff and grabbed bog inside the barn to sort his hoof leaving the other two quietly grazing around the corner. The others then went mental when they realised they couldn’t see him! Galloping around like idiots screaming for Bog. What on earth.. some kind of sick relationship where he’s horrid to them and they love him for it.

Horses are weird.
Or...he might be a psychopath... 😂

Symptoms
Symptoms of antisocial personality disorder include repeatedly:

Ignoring right and wrong.
Telling lies to take advantage of others.
Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
Feeling no guilt about harming others.
Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.

Michen

Visit site
is it terrible that it really amuses me to call to Bog through the camera and then watch him go into his run and stall to look for me 🤣🤣🤣

It’s also very cute. The other horses don’t even lift their heads when they hear me through the camera but Bog immediately goes on a hunt. Really has become a mummy’s boy!IMG_0489.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
A little update on my herd! Bog seems really cheerful and good with no lasting effects post shoeing/hoof clip disaster. He's been playing bitey face with Helo all morning and I've seen no more of the super aggressive stuff. He's definitely not right, his gait is all wrong (sort of dishes with his front legs in trot) and I'm not convinced the steroids are doing much. I've seen the odd slight trip when he spooks or does something silly. So I know the time will be soon, at best by autumn, maybe sooner. But the difference between now and a few weeks ago is that he seems very happy so I'm ok with that. He couldn't be in a more perfect/Bog friendly set up and that's great. And coming to terms with the inveitable whilst enjoying the time I have with him currently. The vet will see him Monday to decide if we continue with steroids, suspect we will. Dusty gets a lameness check next friday but honestly I've lost all motivation with anything riding related right now, mostly just interested in riding Beau.

The annoyance from Bog if Dusty thinks he can get to me first- haha.

GrassChop

Visit site
A little update on my herd! Bog seems really cheerful and good with no lasting effects post shoeing/hoof clip disaster. He's been playing bitey face with Helo all morning and I've seen no more of the super aggressive stuff. He's definitely not right, his gait is all wrong (sort of dishes with his front legs in trot) and I'm not convinced the steroids are doing much. I've seen the odd slight trip when he spooks or does something silly. So I know the time will be soon, at best by autumn, maybe sooner. But the difference between now and a few weeks ago is that he seems very happy so I'm ok with that. He couldn't be in a more perfect/Bog friendly set up and that's great. And coming to terms with the inveitable whilst enjoying the time I have with him currently. The vet will see him Monday to decide if we continue with steroids, suspect we will. Dusty gets a lameness check next friday but honestly I've lost all motivation with anything riding related right now, mostly just interested in riding Beau.

The annoyance from Bog if Dusty thinks he can get to me first- haha.

To be honest, I'm not the most experienced but if I didn't know about Bog's ailments, I wouldn't think anything was wrong with how he moves.

They all look lovely.

misst

Visit site
He looks great. I love the snakey neck to warn off Dusty. Our old mare used to do that to our youngster. He was bigger and faster but she would do a horrible face and snakey neck and he would back right off. He probably remembered needing 6 stitches in a tear in his neck when he was under a year - he never challenged her after that! Bog looks very content and everyone is nice and shiny!

Michen

Visit site
Yes, they all look happy and healthy.
But who is Beau? I must have missed that one

This is Beau! I started riding him when Bog got pneumonia. He’s one of the horses owned by my friend whose house I’ve been living in all winter.

I absolutely love him, he’s huge, has the most comfortable rhythmic trot I’ve ever sat to and he’s so, so safe. But still really quite hot to hack!

I can ride him as much as I want and he just always makes me feel better, such a sweet kind lovely boy. He’s now back at the house where I was living, so just a few mins from where Bog etc are now.

IMG_9705.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
Bog has a fun new game. He lets the others come up to me in the pasture to come in, and carries on eating like he's not interested. Has them get a good distance away then gallops like a bat out of hell to get to the barn before them and cause absolute carnage for me trying to quietly bring them in. He really is a cheeky little thug!

I long reined Dusty today, it was interesting, when going down hill (only downhill) he hyperflexes one of his hinds. It almost looks like a very,very minor string halt, doesn't do it on the flat. I have never seen that before, I don't know what kind of lameness would cause a horse to sort of "overuse" a limb? Anyway, will be interested and no doubt depressing to see what the vet finds on friday. Shame as he's looking much better, shiny, building muscle, etc.

He looks impressive on a trot circle on firm grass on lunge, not a horse you'd suspect of hoof pain. Will be interesting to see what happens if we block a foot.

Michen

Visit site
I wonder if Dusty has a slight proprioception issue with his legs?

Well to add to that.. I watched him last night on the camera with his nose on the ground, I carried on watching as wondered if he was colicky and then he fell on his knees and got straight back up. Looked exactly like narcolepsy. Poor guy, it’s a shame as he’s really looking better in his body tone.

I know he does actually lie down to sleep as seen him doing it.

Wonder if that’s why he stands the way he stands sometimes when resting.

GreyDot

Visit site
Bog has a fun new game. He lets the others come up to me in the pasture to come in, and carries on eating like he's not interested. Has them get a good distance away then gallops like a bat out of hell to get to the barn before them and cause absolute carnage for me trying to quietly bring them in. He really is a cheeky little thug!

I long reined Dusty today, it was interesting, when going down hill (only downhill) he hyperflexes one of his hinds. It almost looks like a very,very minor string halt, doesn't do it on the flat. I have never seen that before, I don't know what kind of lameness would cause a horse to sort of "overuse" a limb? Anyway, will be interested and no doubt depressing to see what the vet finds on friday. Shame as he's looking much better, shiny, building muscle, etc.

He looks impressive on a trot circle on firm grass on lunge, not a horse you'd suspect of hoof pain. Will be interesting to see what happens if we block a foot.
Locking/sticky stifle?

meleeka

Visit site
Well to add to that.. I watched him last night on the camera with his nose on the ground, I carried on watching as wondered if he was colicky and then he fell on his knees and got straight back up. Looked exactly like narcolepsy. Poor guy, it’s a shame as he’s really looking better in his body tone.

It could just be sleep apnea if there’s a reason he can’t sleep as much as he’d like. Mine had it when a new pony came. Thankfully it resolved by her being stabled at night.

scats

Visit site

Polly develops narcolepsy symptoms when I swap her to night turnout. She injured herself 2 years on the run doing but thankfully this year she has avoided any harm.
Her legs buckle and she goes head first into the wall.

Michen

Visit site
Well, I was worried the vet would come Friday and we wouldn’t find anything as he just didn’t look like a horse with sore feet. Just bought them in- Dusty is obviously lame on a fore at the trot!!!!! Unbelievable. He’s not taken an obvious lame step like that in the nearly four months I’ve had him- ever. He’s got an over reach boot rub which could be about to blow up, having had that happen once with a TB before where I thought a leg was broken when it happened, so I’ll go get some medicated wash and see what happens with that.

I am super busy with work this week and just not in a position to be overly worried about horses, vet can’t work him up until Friday so he will need to wait until then.

Horses, honestly, why do we bother. Helo is more than twice the age of Bog and Dusty and trots everywhere looking sound as a pound if a little creaky.