Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
Thank you ❤️

I’m not getting excited it was just nice to have a quick sit. He’s got a way to go before I’d even consider anything on a hard surface. So that is not a Bog come back photo more of a cheering me up to round off the year 😆

He did seem really thrilled though, his little ears. That’s twice this year he’s had three months off and not decked me when I’ve got back on without a saddle- though last time I did at least put a bridle on, good boy Bog!

Widgeon

Visit site
Oh how lovely! I'm so happy for you! He is a really nice little horse isn't he, so square and such a pleasing shape. I like him a lot.

(You can keep him though, I'll stick with something less opinionated 😂)

I am also supremely jealous of your indoor arena. I want an indoor arena with lights and a stag's head on the wall.

Michen

Visit site
I’m a true American now my friends bought me an air fryer 😀 and Pepper had an entire bag of goodies. She also has a stocking waiting for her at her other families house for Christmas. Spoilt little dog. I’m moving out of my apartment (really hectic to try and do this when work is as busy as it gets). Lots of change. Bog is stocked up with a months worth of shavings, wood pellets, alfalfa bales, feed.

I am on day three of the week of getting up at 1am to start work and moving out things..and not being able to sleep because of horrid dreams. So I went to the docs and they prescribed me Prazosin and for the first time I got a decent nights sleep without dreaming about not good things. At the airport at the moment to fly to SD then Melbourne friday evening.

Roll on a long haul flight for some more sleep! I am going to miss my animal crew though.

Tarragon

Visit site
You fit more into a week than I do in a year!
I hope it all calms down soon. I think that Bog is in a good place now, both in terms of stabling and physically. Perhaps you can relax a little now :)

Edited it to add - better make that ten years! :rolleyes:

Michen

Visit site

Michen

Visit site
Have any of you ever flown west from USA to oz? It is the absolute weirdest experience ever. I layed over in Fiji for a couple of hours but you see nothing but endless, endless sea for 17 hours total flying time.

Then suddenly Australia appears out of no where! I feel like I’m at the very end of the earth lol, obviously if you fly east from UK it doesn’t seem so isolated but my mind is totally blown right now that there is civilization on this random island in the middle of the ocean 🤣

Morganfan

Visit site
Have any of you ever flown west from USA to oz? It is the absolute weirdest experience ever. I layed over in Fiji for a couple of hours but you see nothing but endless, endless sea for 17 hours total flying time.

Then suddenly Australia appears out of no where! I feel like I’m at the very end of the earth lol, obviously if you fly east from UK it doesn’t seem so isolated but my mind is totally blown right now that there is civilization on this random island in the middle of the ocean 🤣
Hi, yes I have, I did Perth (Aus) to Sydney and then to LA and onto Tampa and return a couple of years ago, and agree, I found it quite unsettling as I am not a fan of the ocean.
I have also just recently done a return trip from Aus to UK for the Burghley Horse Trials, I was offered the option of a non stop flight but decided I needed my feet on terra firma for a few hours so stopped in Doha on the way there and back. Australia is quite civilised although Western Australia (WA) has the nickname Wait Awhile as we are so isolated, things take forever to catch up, BUT we have the best climate !!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I've done Perth to the UK, not been to the US, but yes, there is a lot of ocean. I find it crazy you can drive between countries in the UK and Europe. Here you have to drive for literal days to get to another state. It's a whole other thing.

Mind you some of those tiny islands in the Pacific have a LOT of ocean around them. We are massive compared to them.
Australia is quite civilised although Western Australia (WA) has the nickname Wait Awhile as we are so isolated, things take forever to catch up, BUT we have the best climate !!

i'd forgotten about Wait Awhile. It's true, the post especially! I've only just come to understand the term 'sand gropers' 😅

Northern

Visit site
Ah yes. If you want to see the sights of Australia, be prepared to sit on your ass for many many hours 🤣

I'll never forget a flight to Melbourne from Dubai. 14 hours of ocean. Smack bang in the middle of the Indian Ocean, a massive SMASH in the belly of the plane woke me from my dozing.
Lifted eye-mask to see flight attendants crowded around the emergency exit, peering out at the wing. Always a comforting sight :eek:

Captain announced a bit later that a dog had been a bit rambunctious and shaken its kennel off the one it was sitting on. Lucky they have cameras down there!