Buddy has a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptrayes

Visit site
Have i missed something? So OP is now being accussed of taking horses on loan and selling them for meat???!! IF this is true where is the proof?? That is a very serious allegation. And would she not have just sold buddy and the hanovarian for meat rather than looking to rehome?? Im lost i missed the comments deleted on the other post but i dont understand how anyone can be 100% sure who OP is?

I'm intrigued that you seem to think selling them for meat is worse than selling an unsound horse to be ridden with all the pain that will cause to both the horse and the new owners.

I have only now put two and two together and realised that I have, I think, owned one of her sold-on free horses. If so, it caused untold misery to the old owner, the new owners and pain to the horse.

I think people are recognising the horses she puts up for sale, which is how they are recognising her because they know what free horses she has taken.

WelshD

Visit site
I thought the same SOS - it was a complete jump to accusing the OP which was a shock

Hopefully someone knows more than us and is sure of their facts though

buddy's mummy

Visit site
Just to let you all know that I am reporting everyone that has said horrible comments, there are some horrible rumours going around!! all I have said is Buddy now has a lovely home with a nice lady - to the person who said they will do some digging as in area - pm me and ill tell u exactly where buds has gone, buddy was sold to me as a hack/companion as he had an apparent old tendon injury (and was sold with his tack) - but there was definitely something else going on there too - ie athritis/spavins which have of course been declared to his new owner who has been texting and sending lots of pics thankfully he is gonna be spoilt bless him.

I have Farah who has come to me in poor condition as she has passed through 3 homes since I loaned her out and she was sold 2 years ago. I had her for 3 years previous to me loaning her - loaned her as broke my leg at that time and had nobody to look after and ride her, now I will make time and obviously she is now glad to be home and will live out the rest of her days here being hacked out few times a week, do some funrides etc and be spoilt rotten!

Last edited:

buddy's mummy

Visit site
I'm intrigued that you seem to think selling them for meat is worse than selling an unsound horse to be ridden with all the pain that will cause to both the horse and the new owners.

I have only now put two and two together and realised that I have, I think, owned one of her sold-on free horses. If so, it caused untold misery to the old owner, the new owners and pain to the horse.

I think people are recognising the horses she puts up for sale, which is how they are recognising her because they know what free horses she has taken.

Free horses???

Patterdale

Visit site
I have Farah who has come to me in poor condition as she has passed through 3 homes since I sold her 2 years ago. I had her for 3 years previous to me selling her - sold her as broke my leg at that time and had nobody to look after and ride her, now I will make time

But.....in the previous thread you said she was stolen whilst on loan?
And that's fact, there for anyone to see, so don't report me again!

Eta - just to make sure, as I've previously said....I have no idea who you are and I am not accusing you of anything - merely stating what you yourself have written before.

zigzag

Visit site
Just to let you all know that I am reporting everyone that has said horrible comments, there are some horrible rumours going around!! all I have said is Buddy now has a lovely home with a nice lady - to the person who said they will do some digging as in area - pm me and ill tell u exactly where buds has gone, buddy was sold to me as a hack/companion as he had an apparent old tendon injury (and was sold with his tack) - but there was definitely something else going on there too - ie athritis/spavins which have of course been declared to his new owner who has been texting and sending lots of pics thankfully he is gonna be spoilt bless him.

I have Farah who has come to me in poor condition as she has passed through 3 homes since I loaned her out and she was sold 2 years ago. I had her for 3 years previous to me loaning her - loaned her as broke my leg at that time and had nobody to look after and ride her, now I will make time and obviously she is now glad to be home and will live out the rest of her days here being hacked out few times a week, do some funrides etc and be spoilt rotten!
You never said you had sold her, you said she had been stolen while on loan....

buddy's mummy

Visit site
But.....in the previous thread you said she was stolen whilst on loan?
And that's fact, there for anyone to see, so don't report me again!

Eta - just to make sure, as I've previously said....I have no idea who you are and I am not accusing you of anything - merely stating what you yourself have written before.

meant loaned out - she was then sold without my knowledge. then wasnt in position to do anything about it.

buddy's mummy

Visit site
I have her back now - not really much point plus police will only say it is civil - friend going through something similar at mo and is having to get solicitor as she gave/loaned her horse out due to her previous situation to someone who was supposed to be a friend then he sold her.

ETA she certainly will never be going anywhere now.

Patterdale

Visit site
This is what you originally said -

I have Farah who has come to me in poor condition as she has passed through 3 homes since I sold her 2 years ago. I had her for 3 years previous to me selling her - sold her as broke my leg at that time and had nobody to look after and ride her, now I will make time

And this is what you have just edited it to -

I have Farah who has come to me in poor condition as she has passed through 3 homes since I loaned her out and she was sold 2 years ago. I had her for 3 years previous to me loaning her - loaned her as broke my leg at that time and had nobody to look after and ride her, now I will make time

Hence the confusion.
Thought I was going mad for a moment there....

JLD

Visit site
Just wanted to say there are some pretty horrible accusations going on here - I don't know anything about the OP or previous threads but this particular thread doesn't seem to have warranted any of it. I hope people do have their facts straight or this is pretty awful faceless abuse to someone.

buddy's mummy

Visit site
Just wanted to say there are some pretty horrible accusations going on here - I don't know anything about the OP or previous threads but this particular thread doesn't seem to have warranted any of it. I hope people do have their facts straight or this is pretty awful faceless abuse to someone.

there are no facts...

ExmoorHunter

Visit site

AmiRobertson

Visit site
But you said over and over you didn't have time for buddy. Then all of a sudden you have a rideable horse and you have time. You repeatedly stated there was no flexibility on your time whatsoever so I don't understand how you can pass a horse with problems on and then all of a sudden your situation has changed when you have farah back. Without all the other accusations which from what I have seen on the fb group are pretty strong I still have no respect for you.

buddy's mummy

Visit site
But you said over and over you didn't have time for buddy. Then all of a sudden you have a rideable horse and you have time. You repeatedly stated there was no flexibility on your time whatsoever so I don't understand how you can pass a horse with problems on and then all of a sudden your situation has changed when you have farah back. Without all the other accusations which from what I have seen on the fb group are pretty strong I still have no respect for you.

I had to rehome buddy as I couldnt afford to keep a horse that was not able to do the job I wanted him to do - ie hack a few times a week in summer and 2 days a week in winter!? I dont have the time..but I will make the time for a horse that I can do things with when I have the time...and having farah back was rather unexpected and bit of a massive suprise and one I wasnt going to turn down when she should never have left me in first place - I couldnt afford to keep 2 horses...as I said farah will do what I want her to do and thats not really that much to be fair compared to many. but Buddy would have struggled on the longer rides in summer - buddy has gone to an excellent home where he will be permanently if not he will come back or be PTS I have ensured that with his new owner...she is a lovely lady who just wants him to love and fuss and just plod out on once a week as she is verrry nervous riding and she is very much aware of all his problems.

AmiRobertson

Visit site
But that's not what you said in your free to a good home thread. You said you had 5 mins to go in the dark and chuck him a feed and you stated over and over there was no flexibility on time for him.
Either way I hope it works out for buddy it sounds like the poor horse has had a rough time.

Bigginge

Visit site
I have done everything properly. so why I am getting shot down in flames I dont know!!

As a newbie to this thread who hasn't read the other thread, has no knowledge of you OP or any of the things you have been accused of and have absolutely no axe to grind, what does come across is the impression that these horse have been passed around as objects rather than taking responsibility for them. You don't mention whether you ever had the vet to buddy to diagnose his lameness? From what I have read here, I feel the responsible thing for buddy if you thought something else was going on, would have been to have a complete investigation from a vet to find out exactly what was going on and to be sure what level of pain this horse is in and what he is capable of before passing him and the problem onto someone else.

rowan666

Visit site

You missunderstood what i ment. Moral rights and wrongs of BUYING and selling the horses aside, LOANING and selling would be a legal matter.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
But that's not what you said in your free to a good home thread. You said you had 5 mins to go in the dark and chuck him a feed and you stated over and over there was no flexibility on time for him.
Either way I hope it works out for buddy it sounds like the poor horse has had a rough time.

This!! On the other thread you repeatedly refuted that if Buddy were a healthy horse you'd keep him. Yet now you're here saying that you will make time for Farah because she's sound. You say she has a home for life but what happens if she then goes lame or is unable to be ridden, will you sell her then?

I don't know the facts to be able to comment on the allegations so will leave that to those with insider knowledge. You wouldn't be the first nor last person to part ways with a horse that's no longer fit for purpose (though I still stand by the fact Buddy should have been PTS). But the way you've lied and tried to sugar coat it is what's riled most people. If you'd have just said I want rid of Buddy as he can no longer be ridden to the level I want to ride and can't afford to keep non-ridden horses but I'm going to vet potential homes thoroughly as I think he's got a few miles left in him before PTS, then I think both threads would have been different and people would have been less affronted by the fact you can now suddenly make time for a new horse that's sound when you literally didn't have 5 mins to spare for poor Buddy.

Last edited:

lhotse

Visit site
Hello Ted's Mum/Duke's Mum/Beau's Mum or whatever horse you happen to have's Mum. You were advertising Buddy on the Glos FB page under your name. To those who think that this OP is having a hard time, you are exactly the sort of person who gets taken in by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.