Burghley 2018

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I thought Ian Stark was a bit of a hypocrite re Oli actually, considering he was criticising him publicly at Badminton.

I commented at the time that IS went from saying one thing on the live feed from Badminton, to saying something entirely different during the highlights commentary - which I think he was probably told to do. I don't think the tail was wagging the dog this time though.

Yes I agree about the points/ranking system, but OT has a significant number of 4* horses and 4* results, as well as all the lower ranked horses he rides.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Just to confirm that no, no camera on the gurkha fence where MT fell so unless someone puts a home video on FB it’s not going to be seen. Think they classed it as a horse fall.

I think we saw a lot of good riding this weekend overall. Harry has to work really hard to get the SJ round, as did Sarah bullimore (little bit wild in the victory lap too) and a few others, it really was a course they had to ride. Pleased that Caroline’s was ok after getting stuck as could have been nasty. Few favourites of ours withdrew before trot up (quite a lot seemed to considering excellent ground)

I’m shattered and definitely peopled out!

Fragglerock

Visit site
That link was brilliant, some fences look completely different from TV.

I thought the right horse won and there were some really lovely horses who made it look eas

Trules

Visit site
Hat cam video brill. He is a man of a few words! I cant keep my trap shut when i’m riding. The skinnies look very skinny from hat cam. Thankfully there werent many of them!

bubsqueaks

Visit site
Just wondered if anybody else noticed a steward in the collecting ring
randomly checking the horses boots following their show jump round - can anyone explain reasons - thanks

ihatework

Visit site
Just wondered if anybody else noticed a steward in the collecting ring
randomly checking the horses boots following their show jump round - can anyone explain reasons - thanks

They always do it.
Will check ears as well.

Nothing sinister, just checks the boots jumped in are legal, no spiky bits and no signs of sensitisation on legs

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It was interesting because apart from his massive feet he didn't look as chunky for the trot up as he did in his white XC boots! I did a bit of googling while we were there as interested in exact breeding and I think it said Ian Stark had bred him.

BBP

Visit site
I love my skinny little TBs but I watched Harelaw Wizard warm up for the dressage and thought what a fabulous great carthorse he was (and I mean that in an incredibly affectionate way, comparing him to the ‘skinnies’).