Can anyone recomend a free speech horse forum ?

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Most horse forums are even more nuts than this one.

I do question some decisions that are made, but on the whole Admin are pretty fair.

And putting aside recent threads and just talking generally, if you genuinely felt you were to the subject of rumour, conjecture, and ridiculous conspiracy theories, you might be quite glad of Admin stepping in and removing a thread.

Equi

Visit site
We don’t know what was the issue with the thread but as standard the admin don’t delete/lock a forum without good reason. I think we need to thread carefully here - the forum is not done for any monetary gain and is one of the few horsey ones left that has decent traffic on it. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you! I for one would be lost without this forum and there is only so much hate the admin will take before they either delete a bunch of people or shut down the forum.

let them do what they need to do and hopefully the thread will come back when they have done whatever it is they need to do.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
the forum is not done for any monetary gain

It's done to sell advertising click through and promote the magazine/provide editorial material.

Time Inc is a huge Corporation, they don't provide it out of the goodness of their hearts.

PS I thought they did well to leave "that thread" as long as they did and it might have stayed longer if the theft conspiracies hadn't started, as up till then everything was demonstrably true and nobody could sue them.

Last edited:

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I think HHO is fairly relaxed until posters start getting carried away. Anyone remember when BHS society had a forum ? If my memory serves me well, it shut down because troublesome posters just wouldn't stop.
It would be a shame to lose this forum, but in these days of litigation and the cancel culture, we all need to be responsible to protect our resources.

SEL

Visit site
I think that any public forum would (or should) take off a thread if threatened with legal action or if they had to investigate a formal complaint about it. That doesn't mean the commentators on the thread weren't correct or the subject matter wasn't correct - its just due process in this litigious world we live in.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I was once on the forum that ran alongside Fugly Horse of the Day. The blog ended and people kept the forum going as a free speech forum (no idea if it's still going). Anyway I popped back on it a while later and quickly left again. Without any form of moderation it was a very intolerant place. The in group was definitely in charge.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
in addition, there is still lots on Facebook.
More going up all the time.

They picked the wrong person to have a go at. This is now huge.

The post that caused the vitriolic responses was a neutral/slightly positive one. It’s unfathomable that they reacted as they did to it, but it certainly shows them in their true colours.

Lady2021

Visit site
I didn’t see the recent replays I only seen the old reply’s. honestly though this horse fourm lets people away with a lot. Most of the older users include yourself would be banned if they where other horse forums .

Gingerwitch

Visit site
More going up all the time.

They picked the wrong person to have a go at. This is now huge.

The post that caused the vitriolic responses was a neutral/slightly positive one. It’s unfathomable that they reacted as they did to it, but it certainly shows them in their true colours.
I dont really do Facebook i rely on the links you guys put on here. To be honest I can never work out the way the links go lol.
So is this on pammy page or Jane's?

skint1

Visit site
I have to confess, I was deeply involved with this board back in the day ( my mod account was in fact Bitchzilla :) ) The admin team are all still good friends and all perfectly normal people- some of the characters who posted on that board back in the day were absolutely insane, but on the whole we had a lot of fun. We tried to maintain the "no moderation" approach until we absolutely couldn't ignore some of the very worst elements. Of course, the minute that we did step in we were ripped apart for moderating. It was a futile and thankless task... I can't even remember how long its been dormant, I'd say at least 4-5 years, maybe longer!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I have to confess, I was deeply involved with this board back in the day ( my mod account was in fact Bitchzilla :) ) The admin team are all still good friends and all perfectly normal people- some of the characters who posted on that board back in the day were absolutely insane, but on the whole we had a lot of fun. We tried to maintain the "no moderation" approach until we absolutely couldn't ignore some of the very worst elements. Of course, the minute that we did step in we were ripped apart for moderating. It was a futile and thankless task
That makes me laugh the bitchzilla that is lol x

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have to confess, I was deeply involved with this board back in the day ( my mod account was in fact Bitchzilla :) ) The admin team are all still good friends and all perfectly normal people- some of the characters who posted on that board back in the day were absolutely insane, but on the whole we had a lot of fun. We tried to maintain the "no moderation" approach until we absolutely couldn't ignore some of the very worst elements. Of course, the minute that we did step in we were ripped apart for moderating. It was a futile and thankless task... I can't even remember how long its been dormant, I'd say at least 4-5 years, maybe longer!

So the forum is gone now?

I think I must have popped back in during one of the insane periods.

Bitchzilla is definitely a user name and a half. ;)

skint1

Visit site
Yeah... it came from a nickname we have for my daughter's mare that started as Bellzilla and kind of morphed :)
Meowy Catkin the forum is still there on the link you posted, and you can post on it but I don't think there's really any traffic there and none of the mods go there anymore either. The "highlights" are on a post called "FiSH Stix"

In all seriousness, sometimes it's better not to push too hard on an issue, frustrating as it may be a forum can be shut down over it.
FiSH got into trouble when forum trouble spilled over into real life. The Board Host (which wasn't Tapatalk, I can't remember who it was then, Yuku I think) threatened to delete the whole board due to the number of complaints etc

VioletStripe

Visit site
Can someone PM me the links to the active facebook posts, please? Is that allowed?

Regarding this forum - I think it is absolutely one of the better ones... however, I come on here in cycles. I took a very large break from it, too. It certainly isn't the community I first joined in 2008. Many of the old regular posters have gone (or maybe hiding under different names?) and I do not feel it is the same environment it once was.....

Abby-Lou

Visit site
I was glad they locked one of the recent threads it was getting really nasty and it could have tipped anyone involved over the edge. During the pandemic I have known of four cases of suicide and it has really made me think you don't know what goes on behind close doors and there are always two sides to the story. All for free speech but people need to be respectful.