CDJ withdrawn from paris

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
CDJ’s withdrawal from competition has much the same status for me as suspending someone from work as an employee pending investigation of allegations that have been made against them - it is a neutral act which is not intended to suggest guilt or otherwise, it simply allows a fair thorough investigation to be undertaken without every single thing she does being the subject of media frenzy and speculation.

I’m willing to bet if I went past her house or the yard this evening there would be a gathering of media vultures, she has done the right thing IMO so the investigation isn’t impeded

equinerebel

Visit site
CDJ’s withdrawal from competition has much the same status for me as suspending someone from work as an employee - it is a neutral act which is not intended to suggest guilt or otherwise, it simply allows a fair thorough investigation to be undertaken without every single thing she does being the subject of media frenzy and speculation.
She said she is “deeply ashamed” of her actions. That is an admission of guilt.

I wish her no ill will but I do wish for accountability where it’s due.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Are we now at a just because we can doesn't mean we should point. Obviously we don't know about the horse involved in this case but in general these horses are becoming so powerful, to the point people are using force to control them (including sj with the tonne of metal work on their faces in some instances, coupled with needing to dull the senses with the blinker cheekpieces/sound blocking ear covers)

I know an F1 car is highly sensitive and I wouldn't have a hope in hell of driving one, but it's a car where if force is needed it doesn't matter because, it's a car

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
She said she is “deeply ashamed” of her actions. That is an admission of guilt.

I wish her no ill will but I do wish for accountability where it’s due.

For sure there should be accountability - that’s why the investigation takes place, the case is not decided through online speculation and drawing conclusions from the very limited facts available

Ceifer

Visit site
I hope all you have said 'I'm not surprised' can hand on heart say you have never had a angry moment with a horse and behaved out of character for you.
This is malicious timing by the'whistle blower' but bearing in mind the grief that people in the UK have given some of the Dutch riders they must be delighted with themselves.

I don't condone this sort of behaviour but what I see at some local and national shows makes me cringe - and some times it ignorance and pure bad riding because they can't ride any better, but that doesn't make it OK.
You’re assuming she lost her temper in the video. She could have been asking the horse/rider to do something not stemming from temper.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Of course not. I’m going of her own statement though.

I’m playing devils advocate here and just using your comment as one small example, not intending to suggest in any way that you have any sort of agenda….

But your comment was “that’s an admission of guilt” - guilt about what? We have no idea. We haven’t seen the video, I’m guessing we weren’t there. So - as is human nature - we are drawing our own conclusions without any facts

lynz88

Visit site
If we’re “all human” and have apparently all behaved badly around horses at some point out of anger or frustration, then maybe we shouldn’t be around horses. Period.
So you're saying you are absolutely perfect?

Maybe we shouldn't be around anything as I'm sure we have all done something we shouldn't have to something or someone.

All that said, it assumes that this was a moment of frustration or whatever. We have no idea what the issue actually is about - I've seen all sorts of things posted on FB

equinerebel

Visit site
I’m playing devils advocate here and just using your comment as one small example, not intending to suggest in any way that you have any sort of agenda….

But your comment was “that’s an admission of guilt” - guilt about what? We have no idea. We haven’t seen the video, I’m guessing we weren’t there. So - as is human nature - we are drawing our own conclusions without any facts
I believe her statement is fairly clear in that she disapproves of her own actions. She has admitted to wrong doing in concern to her actions in the video in question.

We don’t know what those actions are, and therefore shouldn’t speculate on them.

I appreciate you’re not specifically referring to me, but I will say for the sake of clarity that I don’t have any agenda. I’m neither a fan nor a hater of CDJ and was as enamoured as everyone by her and Valegro in 2012. It’s disappointing for Team GB, and the sport as a whole.

equinerebel

Visit site
So you're saying you are absolutely perfect?

Maybe we shouldn't be around anything as I'm sure we have all done something we shouldn't have to something or someone.

All that said, it assumes that this was a moment of frustration or whatever. We have no idea what the issue actually is about - I've seen all sorts of things posted on FB
No I’m not, but I am saying I have never hit a horse out of anger. Hand on heart, I have never done that. I’m not accusing CDJ of that, it was intended as part of a wider conversation on equestrian sports.

Nicnac

Visit site
FEI have just officially announced that she has been suspended for 6 months from today. On Eurodressage.com

Video was sent to FEI by a lawyer acting for an undisclosed person. It was filmed several years ago during a training session conducted by CDJ at a private stable, It goes on to say that CDJ was given until 1700 today to respond and she requested to be provisionally suspended pending outcome of investigation and voluntarily w/d from the Olympics.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
FEI have just officially announced that she has been suspended for 6 months from today. On Eurodressage.com

Video was sent to FEI by a lawyer acting for an undisclosed person. It was filmed several years ago during a training session conducted by CDJ at a private stable, It goes on to say that CDJ was given until 1700 today to respond and she requested to be provisionally suspended pending outcome of investigation and voluntarily w/d from the Olympics.

Is 6 months normal? Know they need to investigate but the length of suspension is quite telling is it not?

TheMule

Visit site

Translated and quoted from there-

'The complaint was lodged with both the FEI and the British Equestrian Federation at 9am last Monday by Dutch lawyer Stephan Wensing on behalf of a client who wishes to remain anonymous.

Wensing filed a complaint on behalf of the client for animal cruelty, which is proven by a video taken approximately 2.5 years ago, according to the complaint. The video shows Charlotte Dujardin hitting a student's horse numerous times with a whip from the ground.'

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
the thing bothering me most about all this is the idea that it's a four year old video that's only been released now as effectively 'tactics' for the Olympics.
Issues of horse welfare - if that's what this is as the video is not viewable by the public - should not be sat upon until it is beneficial to speak out. Horses rely on us to safeguard their welfare in everything we ask them to do; things which threaten their welfare ought to be tackled immediately. I would hope that whomever took the video in the first place and didn't act on it immediately should also face punishment if they deliberately held it back.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
This reckoning has been a long time coming.

There are lots of comments online along the lines of 'so sad for the industry', 'so sad for Charlotte', 'so sad to think of the medals she could have won us'.

What about the horse, the real victim??

If we put medals above the welfare of an animal who cannot consent to compete in the first place, what does that say about us as a society?

For people saying that abuse is happening at all levels, yes, you're completely right. This is why those at the top need to be held to account so that the 'lower ranks' can see this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

It doesn't matter who the whistle blower was or how long they took to release the video, or their motive for releasing it. Abuse is abuse at the end of the day, and I very much doubt CDJ would have needed to withdraw from the Olympics if it was something 'mild'.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
the thing bothering me most about all this is the idea that it's a four year old video that's only been released now as effectively 'tactics' for the Olympics.
Issues of horse welfare - if that's what this is as the video is not viewable by the public - should not be sat upon until it is beneficial to speak out. Horses rely on us to safeguard their welfare in everything we ask them to do; things which threaten their welfare ought to be tackled immediately. I would hope that whomever took the video in the first place and didn't act on it immediately should also face punishment if they deliberately held it back.

They may have released it now for maximum impact. It may have just got swept under the rug if it weren't leaked just before the olympics. Whether that is right or wrong I wouldn't like to say.

lynz88

Visit site
It is worth being aware that the video of that lady who kicked and hit a horse whilst out hunting (and I believe was prosecuted) is being circulated online, and those that don’t know horses are muddling it for what has happened with Charlotte.
Oh is that that teacher or whatever? That was horrific and that correlates to what people have said on FB

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
They may have released it now for maximum impact. It may have just got swept under the rug if it weren't leaked just before the olympics. Whether that is right or wrong I wouldn't like to say.
If it needed to be done now in order to not get swept under the rug, then that is wrong. Utterly, utterly wrong. Abuse is abuse regardless of when it happens.

If that is why it was released now then the owner of the video shouldn't be punished.
If they are only releasing it now in order to benefit their own Olympic team then they should, if possible, though it's probably not...

FieldOrnaments

Visit site

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The surprise is that any of the many exposés that have come out this last year are a surprise. The top level of horse sport in the world is clearly doing stuff to win that the rest of us, and most non horse owners, would not accept, in a bid to win medals, kudos and breeding fees.

Is there any way to solve this than to halt international sport where the main piece of kit is a sentient animal?