Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Podgelover

Visit site
"wanted FOR FULL LOAN to move yards between 14.2 and 16h. Must be bombproof and have no vices, must jump and do everything, general all rounder, must hack alone and in company, must load well and be good at shows."

REALLY??!?!!? I MEAN REALLY... COME ON! living in a dream world!

J&C

Visit site
"Need my horse transported from XXX to XXX and back again. Happy to pay towards petrol but just not as much as the companies are charging!"

Funnily enough she hasn't had any offers.

And a sad one of a poor little colt 'free to whoever can collect him first' :(

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
"wanted FOR FULL LOAN to move yards between 14.2 and 16h. Must be bombproof and have no vices, must jump and do everything, general all rounder, must hack alone and in company, must load well and be good at shows."

I completely agree with most of these posts but I took on full loan a 17.2hh Warmblood, granted he was 16 but he was advertised with no vices apart from to be sedated when clipped, and was an all rounder.. So it is possible.

It turns out that he was extremely hot headed which manifested it's self in various behavioral issues, however that surfaced when he moved yards and out of his 15 year routine so it isn't too much in dream world I wouldn't think?

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Had someone selling a yearling colt (thin, wormy, horrid feet) for £10, poor thing doesn't stand a chance :(.

And someone else wanting a HOYS quality Sec D on loan for the showing season, but the owner had to pay to transport the horse to and from the loaners premises! :O
Because someone is obviously going to give you their very well-trained and valuable horse to have fun with over the summer, only for you to hand it back just before winter. I'm properly gobsmacked.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Seem to be a rash of 'Need gone by Monday....' type posts today! :( I HATE HATE HATE people who use that term! Plus it only serves to make me wonder what's wrong with the horse, why is hasn't sold and why the sudden rush to get rid.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Had someone selling a yearling colt (thin, wormy, horrid feet) for £10, poor thing doesn't stand a chance :(.

And someone else wanting a HOYS quality Sec D on loan for the showing season, but the owner had to pay to transport the horse to and from the loaners premises! :O
Because someone is obviously going to give you their very well-trained and valuable horse to have fun with over the summer, only for you to hand it back just before winter. I'm properly gobsmacked.

Their was a post on our local FB page for 'Stunning yearling cobs' accompanied by a photo of the most moth eaten, malnourished, uncared for bunch of yearlings you've ever seen in your life. :(

QueenMoo

Visit site
This morning, another 2 mid sized horses MUST go by Saturday.
No reason given as to why to go, but both going 'from field as nowhere to try them'

So, I did my usual & said I would collect today if they gave me £300 cash to take the pair away........
When advertiser replied with the angry ' why should I pay for them to go' (or words to that effect :wink3: ), out came my stock-in-trade answer: Because thats what I will be charged when I take them straight to the knacker-man to save you the inconvenience of disposing of them responsibly :).
Cue lots of abuse <sigh>

Brilliant! :D

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
Someone on my local page asking for £300 for a retired 11 year old ID x TB that has been retired for a few years and can't be ridden due to a suspensory ligament injury, horse also only has one eye....

Jericho

Visit site
I completely agree with most of these posts but I took on full loan a 17.2hh Warmblood, granted he was 16 but he was advertised with no vices apart from to be sedated when clipped, and was an all rounder.. So it is possible.

It turns out that he was extremely hot headed which manifested it's self in various behavioral issues, however that surfaced when he moved yards and out of his 15 year routine so it isn't too much in dream world I wouldn't think?

I also placed a wanted ad in similar vein and found more or less that. I also put out on full loan more or less that so it can be done...

orionstar

Visit site
Wanted.... 15.2 - 16.2hh between 6 and 8 year old, good to do in all ways, hack out alone or in company, must be quiet to handle, load and travel well, must be well schooled and able to compete at medium dressage, and up to 1.20m jumping. £1000 budget.

Oh how I wish!

Grinchmass

Visit site
Just seen one, basically saying I can't afford a horse, can't afford riding lessons, can't afford a part loan, but will someone come and let my horsey teenager ride at weekends. Oh and petrol is expensive so it must be really close to home...

miss_c

Visit site
Just seen one, basically saying I can't afford a horse, can't afford riding lessons, can't afford a part loan, but will someone come and let my horsey teenager ride at weekends. Oh and petrol is expensive so it must be really close to home...

On 'New Bristol'? ;) Always some entertaining posts on there!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
REDUCED DUE TO TIME WASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but why? If I waste your time a bit more will you reduce further? Why reward "TIME WASTERS!!!!!!" by reducing the price?! Makes me wonder every time I see it. Waste of words IMO.

Visit site
** looking for a ferried to trim ma 3 horse feet, who the best, I had a boy but he's mess me about 2x n never got bck to me x thanks

Translation? It sounds as though her horse only has 3 feet!

dornrose

Visit site

I got this on loan - Ok I didn't put up a wanted post but I did get such a lovely horse on loan. In return his owner who's going off to uni has a loaner who treats the horse as her own and he wants for nothing, I believe I have improved his flatwork - I don't jump so can't comment on that one.

But do agree with the gist of this post that people do seem to want something for nothing and then wonder why the horse they paid peanuts for isn't worth anything.

miss_c

Visit site
This was a North Wales group - I've not been in Bristol long - I'm a northerner really :)

Someone did comment - I'll just sell mine then and place an add like yours...

Pop into the South West section of the forum, we have regular meet ups! :D The 'New Bristol & South West Horse Information Group' is worth joining, plenty of giggles but the odd post that is actually useful!

Grinchmass

Visit site
Pop into the South West section of the forum, we have regular meet ups! :D The 'New Bristol & South West Horse Information Group' is worth joining, plenty of giggles but the odd post that is actually useful!

I've just been in there and send gg a pm :)

And I've also just asked about joining the group, could do with a good giggle

Moomin1

Visit site
"Does anyone have a school/arena that my daughter and her horse could use tomorrow for an hour free or extremely cheap in the ******* area we would be ever so grateful. Please PM thanks"

Grinchmass

Visit site
"Does anyone have a school/arena that my daughter and her horse could use tomorrow for an hour free or extremely cheap in the ******* area we would be ever so grateful. Please PM thanks"

Just seen this, why do people always expect something for nothing. Do they realise the cost of having an arena put in? Why would anyone allow a free for all?

Grinchmass

Visit site
Don't see what's wrong with that last one. Decent English, polite.....and whatever happened to doing someone a good turn?

Given that you can hire an arena for between £5-10 that way how cheap is extremely cheap?

Personally to me, just because someone can spell doesn't mean that this isn't a cheeky request.

If I had my own arena then I would happily let friends use it, but would find a request from a stranger rather cheeky.

Flicker

Visit site
REDUCED DUE TO TIME WASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but why? If I waste your time a bit more will you reduce further? Why reward "TIME WASTERS!!!!!!" by reducing the price?! Makes me wonder every time I see it. Waste of words IMO.

I love reading between the lines of phrases like this. This usually means: 'several people have been to try the horse and it has become apparent that he is not as advertised. The people who have tried him have not put in an offer for this reason. The seller is now getting a bit desperate so has dropped the price in an effort to get rid'...

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site

Flicker

Visit site
I was in some of the groups mentioned earlier.I came out as I simply couldn't cope with the sheer stupidity of some of the posters.
Others, I got fed up with groups of young women and girls using the C and F word in every sentence .
This sums up some people on facebook very well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dYj2PSLBk&list=FLtEvGYnQvRQeISklkDCnRtg&index=56

Couldn't even watch that to the end - I know it is satirical, but i have actually met morons like this and it makes me want to weep.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Hardly related to this, but I've just seen a photo on FB of someone hunting in COUNTRY BOOTS and pink saddlecloth.

Eh?? It massively puts me off going out with that hunt as I feel like it's going to be a free-for-all full of numpties.