Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

alainax

Visit site
I saw a freisian for share, 3 days a week, and £300 per month. Needless to say it is still available. Nice horse but - seriously?! is it me or is that just a tad steep?
In fairness, £50 was going to the owner, and £250 to the charity the horse was listed with (horses4homes) as a 'compulsory donation'.
:S

Was it a one off donation? Seems crazy to be every month

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
This one? http://horses4homes.net/portal/en/details/rana-17688

you will be allowed to ride the horse 7 days a week

during summer and winter complete this amount of work/duties: Full Loan - 7 days a week of part loan 4 days a week - to be kept at current yard in Highclere, Berkshire: Rana will be cared for daily, as I have another mare, so you won't need to turn out/ bring in or muck out etc, but you will be required to help/cover me when I am not around. The cost is to cover her stabling cost, feet and feed

make a monthly donation of £50 to the charity Horses4Home

make a monthly contribution of £250 to the keep of this horse to be paid to the animal's owner

SpringArising

Visit site
I saw a freisian for share, 3 days a week, and £300 per month. Needless to say it is still available. Nice horse but - seriously?! is it me or is that just a tad steep?
In fairness, £50 was going to the owner, and £250 to the charity the horse was listed with (horses4homes) as a 'compulsory donation'.
:S

H4H are being cheeky asking for £50 a month! Blimmin hell.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Just saw a facebook post on a horses for sale page saying a friend of this girls had been sold a horse which proved "dangerous" so she has to put it down but she cant afford to so can people donate to a just giving fund?! Bizarre and very sad that this horse has been labelled dangerous by someone who clearly shouldn't own a horse, and the fact that obviously why the hell cant she afford to have it PTS? Very worrying :(

cobsarefab

Visit site
Just saw a facebook post on a horses for sale page saying a friend of this girls had been sold a horse which proved "dangerous" so she has to put it down but she cant afford to so can people donate to a just giving fund?! Bizarre and very sad that this horse has been labelled dangerous by someone who clearly shouldn't own a horse, and the fact that obviously why the hell cant she afford to have it PTS? Very worrying :(

My mare could most certainly be called dangerous to ride and when she was at her worst just downright dangerous. I'm making her not dangerous not having her pts why can't this person give her to an experienced home where she'll get what she needs?

Fidgety

Visit site
My mare could most certainly be called dangerous to ride and when she was at her worst just downright dangerous. I'm making her not dangerous not having her pts why can't this person give her to an experienced home where she'll get what she needs?

Depends on what's making the animal 'dangerous'.

Euthanasia shouldn't be looked upon as being something cruel or unfeeling people do. It's the hardest decision an owner can make - and it's generally made solely for the sake of the animal.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Because too many of these horses end up bought cheap by bad dealers masquerading as private or caring buyers, drugged or dehydrated and sold on to hurt someone else. This forum has thread after thread about mis-sold horses. There are more horses than there are good homes for them. I would never criticise anyone for putting down a horse that might hurt someone. A dead horse can never feel pain, hunger or fear and can never hurt a human.

cobsarefab

Visit site
Because too many of these horses end up bought cheap by bad dealers masquerading as private or caring buyers, drugged or dehydrated and sold on to hurt someone else. This forum has thread after thread about mis-sold horses. There are more horses than there are good homes for them. I would never criticise anyone for putting down a horse that might hurt someone. A dead horse can never feel pain, hunger or fear and can never hurt a human.
I think that sometimes euthanasia is the best option but as with my mare sometimes when in the right home, you can make good of what has happened to s horse but when there isn't a chance of this then it's the best option.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think that sometimes euthanasia is the best option but as with my mare sometimes when in the right home, you can make good of what has happened to s horse but when there isn't a chance of this then it's the best option.

I wish you well with your mare, but you haven't sat on her again yet since she put you in A&E, I think? I hope that if she turns out to be dangerous and unable to be turned around within your available funds, that you are able to harden your heart and do the right thing, for both your sakes.

Leo Walker

Visit site

And sometimes you cant. Sometimes there are underlying issues that you cant fix. My current horse has been turned around, but it hasnt been cheap, and whilst I found it relatively easy he would have terrified a novice or really someone who didnt fix the physical issues and he never threw anyone. If he hadnt come right then I would have had him PTS

Myloubylou

Visit site
Just saw someone advertising for free or v cheap full cross country set as they wanted to experiment with cross country colours.

miss_c

Visit site
Saw one today from someone advertising a colt foal that was, I believe, a BOGOF... Starts with 'breeding unknown', closely followed by 'would be a great stallion if somebody needs one'! >_<

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
One I saw last night : Wanted Paliminio stallion for free or very cheep to put to my mare. Don't want to pay stud fee because I can buy one for same money. Must be over 14.2

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Wanted ad-15h-16h weight carrier wanted on LWVTB for 12 months initial loan, purchase price no more than £1000, horse to pass 5 Stage vetting prior to loan.under 12, no gypsy cobs, no coloureds, must 100% safe in traffic, have great manners, 100% hack alone and in company and be able to compete successfully at local level.

so basically wants what many want but wants it free for a year before she pays a token amount for it or breaks it in the interrim.

Regandal

Visit site
I think I saw that one, MOC. Bare cheek.

I had to read another post a few times before it clicked. Horse had a 'quarter zone' injection into a foot. I blame the heat.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Wanted ad-15h-16h weight carrier wanted on LWVTB for 12 months initial loan, purchase price no more than £1000, horse to pass 5 Stage vetting prior to loan.under 12, no gypsy cobs, no coloureds, must 100% safe in traffic, have great manners, 100% hack alone and in company and be able to compete successfully at local level.

Don't we all?

Pippity

Visit site

so basically wants what many want but wants it free for a year before she pays a token amount for it or breaks it in the interrim.

And it must come with all tack and rugs. And muck out its own stable. And fly.

MagicMelon

Visit site
A few days ago I saw an advert for 2 horses on facebook - I had seen these horses at the show they specifically mentioned in the advert (along with photos from the day) and they hadn't behaved well. Only in-hand classes but they were rearing up, striking out with front hoof, trying to kick things that passed etc. Yet in the advert it stated they were "beautifully behaved" at their only show. I guess everyone has different ideas as to what a well behaved horse is! They were very green yes and weren't necessarily looking nasty, but why even mention their behaviour especially when its a lie...

Annagain

Visit site
I saw one the other day where someone was asking if anybody had a "fortnight pelham" for sale as she had been searching the internet for ages and couldn't find one. It took me a while to realise she meant vulcanite. No wonder she couldn't find one!

Casey76

Visit site
One of the big equestrian centres in my area has just launched a new type of livery... one where the owners are responsible for mucking out their own boxes... and they are charging 380€ a month for the privilege!

SEL

Visit site
I saw one yesterday where a girl was getting cross because no-one was contributing to her friend's crowdfunding for her horse's vet bills. I was looking at my own £1,500 vet bill at the time - I'll set up a gofundme if you all want to help out with the fat appaloosa's latest problems!!

vam

Visit site
I saw one yesterday where a girl was getting cross because no-one was contributing to her friend's crowdfunding for her horse's vet bills. I was looking at my own £1,500 vet bill at the time - I'll set up a gofundme if you all want to help out with the fat appaloosa's latest problems!!

Was this the 6k one for the foot problem? If it is I saw that and thought she's having a laugh!

Casey76

Visit site
Hmmm - sounds awfully like DIY to me!

Goodness knows what it is. It just looks like a change in the mucking out arrangements, nothing was said about feed etc.

This centre doesn't offer any turnout and the only hacking is on their xc course, and it's in your contract that if you can't exercise for an hour a day, you have to pay for someone at the centre to ride. The boxes are tiny too.

But, the facilities are excellent, it is a very well subscribed competition venue for multiple disciplines. I think their standard livery starts at 600&#8364; pcm, but I still think paying 380&#8364; for DIY is a bit :eek:

;)

Visit site
Now don't get me wrong I hate kids but I would never, ever write what I have just read!

A mother saying she was really upset as their pony didn't win at the show they went to today because her daughter didn't ride as well as she could have! The child is 6 yo! Quite rightly the kids father has replied to the post telling his wife to calm down and remember the kid is only 6 yo, no one's perfect and that he blames he teacher/leader - which was his wife - for things not going right!

It's one thing to be a wee bit disappointed but it's another entirely to plaster on fb that your upset with your 6yo daughter because you didn't win! Spoilt much?!?!?

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Now don't get me wrong I hate kids but I would never, ever write what I have just read!

A mother saying she was really upset as their pony didn't win at the show they went to today because her daughter didn't ride as well as she could have! The child is 6 yo! Quite rightly the kids father has replied to the post telling his wife to calm down and remember the kid is only 6 yo, no one's perfect and that he blames he teacher/leader - which was his wife - for things not going right!

It's one thing to be a wee bit disappointed but it's another entirely to plaster on fb that your upset with your 6yo daughter because you didn't win! Spoilt much?!?!?

Poor kid.

miss_c

Visit site

Blimey poor child.... what a great lesson for them... >_<

Saw one this evening that was someone advertising a second hand micklem for more than they cost new... minor one, but good luck to them!

Nasicus

Visit site

I have someone on my FB who is similar, always posting about her girls and their outings, including commenting on them when they 'have a strop', 'ride like a numpty' etc. The girls are on facebook, and I can't help but feel a bit sorry for them having their everything shared to the world.