Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Just read the lamb post... so entertaining!! Comedy gold.

Makes you wonder how some of these people function on a daily basis. Scary, really.

Do you know that's what I thought almost word for word, although greatly entertaining I do spend most of the evening going ....noooooooo! Really!!!

Kadastorm

Visit site
If I could have accepted you I would, it is so comical!

Think another long debate is going to arise as someone is advertising a 2yr old mini cob with little kids on bareback and no hats!

It's keeping me entertained while I wait for the vet!

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
I like the people who want a
15-15.2
No Cobs/thoroughbreds
No vices
must travel
Dont mind quirky but must NOT rear,buck,bolt (That one makes me p**s myself)
Must be within a 40 mile radius of where ever.
Preferably a grey,but will consider other colours
between 6-8 years old
£600 budget.....

amandaco2

Visit site
Haha

The ones which want a paragon of virtue, 15-16hh 6-9 years old, jumps DC round foxhunter with a novice, but hacks alone and in company with a granny, can be handled on the ground by an unborn child. With the aforementioned Albion tack and Rambo rugs, delivered to the stable. Free or under £200. I really have to bite my tongue when I see these :p

twobearsarthur

Visit site
Tonight on "everything horsey in manchester"

What do you think will happen if I turn my stallion out with a mare and a gelding that it hates?

The thread descended into chaos and now has been removed as telling the original poster if they have to ask this they shouldn't have a horse never mind a stallion was mean.

I hate the page but can't bring myself to delete it. The lack of an ability to string a coherent sentence on there does boil my blood though.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I like the people who want a
15-15.2
No Cobs/thoroughbreds
No vices
must travel
Dont mind quirky but must NOT rear,buck,bolt (That one makes me p**s myself)
Must be within a 40 mile radius of where ever.
Preferably a grey,but will consider other colours
between 6-8 years old
£600 budget.....

And they normally want that £600 to include tack and rugs as well!

Embo

Visit site
Seen a couple in the last few days...

Someone wanting 'any think' purple for sale.

Today's is 'I'm buying a horse in February. Looking for part loaner'.

Seriously!? The mind boggles!

only_me

Visit site
I have just seen a post on the local fb page here - girl has a laminitic pony who is lame but says it's ok to keep riding it on the beach cos its soft yeah

Then another post looking for that paragon of virtue, except that they must be within an hours drive of them and max budget of £2000. Never a days lameness etc.

One person was asking for heavy weight rug to buy as hers was being washed so needs one in the time being. ?!

One of the best ones has been a discussion on donations to a charity - except the charity was asking donations for Haynets (£22 each) and basic cubes 20kg bag at £18?!

Another post was someone looking for a riding job (ie. To compete) but must be close to them. They have little to no experience of riding competition horses or competing but they have ridden at their riding school for 2 years so are very good. Obviously. They did say they would consider doing yard duties but prefer a riding only job!!! Preferably in eventing, show jumping or racing.

I know everyone has to learn somehow but if looking for a job at least be realistic about what job you can do - even I wouldnt expect to go straight into a yard As a rider without working my way up!!!

FairyLights

Visit site
the people who have posted that they have taken on around 20 ponies after their owner died with no relations. Very laudable but they have asked for donations to buy feed and wormers tet vacx farrrier etc. Come spring when all is well and the unhandled ponies are then lead-abler and groom-able they will. I expect, be selling them on. Nice profit to be made mithinks.

Moomin1

Visit site
There was one recently asking if someone could lend them a trailer so she could practice loading her horse as she wants to go showing asap. Another was asking to borrow an anti weave grill temporarily, and another a myler bit for a couple of months to see if her horse likes it.

teacups

Visit site
Cheeky but makes me feel sad: this preloved advert:
Thumper is a 13.2hh 23yr old bay gelding.
I don't the have the time or space to keep him any longer and would like him to find his forever home now as he is such a nice pony and deserves love and attention that I just don't have the time to give him.

For more information please contact me
Only genuinely interested people please he Is just a companion pony.
5* homes only
Thanks
It's free to a good home, but at 23?

Spilletta

Visit site
Silly me. I can see I’m doing it all wrong (my fault for not being on Facebook to learn, I suppose…)

Let me get this right: I don’t need to budget carefully, or work hard and go without things; nor have a backup plan to cover scenarios such as redundancy, or big veterinary costs, etc. Also, even though I have over twenty years of horsey experience from my younger days, why did I worry whether I’m capable enough to own a horse, and spend the last four years riding out and helping with other people’s horses before finally buying my own?

Would this work?

“I want a lorry to transport my horse, but don’t want the bother of purchasing, maintaining, insuring and paying to park it. Therefore, can anyone come to the yard whenever I ask to drive my horse places? I should be able to donate a fiver each time for diesel.”

“What’s that you say? Oh, pay to hire a lorry! That’s a novel thought…”

Joking aside, some of the examples on this thread are so sad. There seem to be a lot for older horses at the moment. I’m sure a good home will be found for some of them, but I can’t help worrying about them.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
There was one recently asking if someone could lend them a trailer so she could practice loading her horse as she wants to go showing asap. Another was asking to borrow an anti weave grill temporarily, and another a myler bit for a couple of months to see if her horse likes it.

On the surface these don't seem unreasonable...my friends and I have always borrowed and tried bits.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Equine Rant Group. This is the best group on FB EVER! I while away much time reading the ridiculous rants on this group! Hahahaha

I have requested to join! cant wait to scroll through that!

Seen a couple in the last few days...

Someone wanting 'any think' purple for sale.

Today's is 'I'm buying a horse in February. Looking for part loaner'.

Seriously!? The mind boggles!

yep, just seen these two...the mind certainly does boggle!

misskk88

Visit site
Do you not find that these people making absolutely ridiculous posts for items and horses tend to be the ones living in dream world, or are total day dreamers. They seem to be the ones who have a serious lack of horse knowledge or savvy at all- I don't mean in novice terms, but in a totally uneducated, ignorant, couldn't care less kinda way? I always find that... or am I being really stereotypical here...

Jenny Wrenny

Visit site
Have not read all of the above posts so may be repeating things but this one made me giggle on Equine Rant Room earlier today.... "Feeding stud cubes to a gelding will turn it into a stallion again". Oh dear, oh dear!

Another was a photo of a gelding having a wee and the poster had said that she had purchased the horse the previous week thinking it was a mare in foal so what should she do about it having a willy and being a gelding?! I'm sure it was a wind up and it made me laugh but there were a lot of people getting very abusive about her lack of knowledge and ability to be owning a horse!

So entertaining!

gmw

Visit site
Have person advertising spaces for 'Equine Riding Clinic' (this person weighs about 16stone and is completely out of balance) and couldn't ride to save their life. Ho Hum

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I just saw the most hilarious advert for a 'Holistic Bitless Equine Livery Yard'. It all reads as being moderately sane until you get to the bit about only 'herbal worming' being allowed, and included in full livery is 'applied Zoopharmacognosy consultation' (is this even a thing or have they just mashed letters together?).

They claim 'every effort is made to reduce exposure to chemicals, synthetic substances and man-made stress to an absolute minimum'.

It sounds like a really nice setup (24/7 t/o with paddock paradise system, loads of facilities etc) and it's close to me but the absolute lunacy of the ad hints to me that the owners are going to be a bit, uh, evangelical about the holistic and bitless side of things and I wouldn't last long there :p.

dreambigpony

Visit site
Do you not find that these people making absolutely ridiculous posts for items and horses tend to be the ones living in dream world, or are total day dreamers. They seem to be the ones who have a serious lack of horse knowledge or savvy at all- I don't mean in novice terms, but in a totally uneducated, ignorant, couldn't care less kinda way? I always find that... or am I being really stereotypical here...

Definitely agree, it's just ignorance.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
That sounds 'interesting' MDIAI. ;) :)

Google tells me that 'Zoopharmacognosy is a behaviour in which non-human animals apparently self-medicate by selecting and ingesting or topically applying plants, soils, insects, and psychoactive drugs to treat or prevent disease.'

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
I saw a well known dealer advertise her horse as having jumped 110m... I attempted to point out the error and got abuse for my troubles. I've also joined the two groups and can't wait to be accepted! It's taken me all afternoon to read this thread, and I've gone from exasperation, to laughing, to pure madness. Some people should not be allowed horses (and technology!)