Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Moomin1

Visit site
Seriously!!??

The sort of person who would like an own a pony day will be able to help hang a gate...?

Lol yep! And surely if this person has two bloomin horses (a pony and a 16.2hh), transport of their own and the funds to transport said 'gate fixer' to a competition, they could just simply pay someone to come and pick the gate up and hang it again?? I can't believe someone would be willing to allow (uninsured) a stranger to have an own a pony day, and a blinkin lesson on a horse which is not a novice ride, in exchange for picking a gate up and rehanging it...lol

MileAMinute

Visit site
I've just seen one asking someone to put a gate back on it's hinges as the person is rubbish at DIY. They apparently are skint after xmas so have offered payment in the form of a 'jumping lesson' on a 16.2hh 'not novice ride' (this person is not a qualified instructor), an 'own a pony day' involving catching/grooming and hacking on the lanes, and transport to a competition/help at the competition. Really???

I've just seen that. What an idiot.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Wanted ad: Looking for a 17" Kent & masters jump saddle in black. Cash waiting.

The first reply: I've got a 18" dressage in black that you'd love.

ARGHRGHRGODFGYDIGHDUIJPGEHUIPGUIWGPHWRUPHPIUBF. IT'S NOT WHAT THEY WANT, SOD OFF. I'm starting to get really shirty with these idiots now.

Another one.
Advert: Wanted. 17.5"-18" Show jump/ close contact saddle. must be wide/x wide. No more than £650.

Comment: I've got a 16" jump saddle that's narrow-medium. It should be OK with some padding under it?
And a picture of the scabbiest saddle you've ever seen, something I wouldn't put near a horse.

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
i like the wanted adverts that have many question marks, for example:

Looking for a blue numnah?????????????

soooo are you asking me if I am looking for one? Are you confused in what you are asking for? I'm so confused...

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Recently replied to a FB ad asking for a reliable committed person to bring on a green 8 yo cob. Needless to say, the poster wanted someone to do it for nothing!!!!!!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
This one took the biscuit today.

"Hi i hope u dnt mind asking my girl she 8 and love any think that involve horse. and keep say he wot a job lol with them can an 1 give her a couple of hour a weekend near xxxxxx lol even if just to give £5 x"

MileAMinute

Visit site
Not horsey but.....someone is selling their wardrobe on a local site.

'Having a clear out to support my puppys fund for her jabs.'

Sitting on my hands for this one!

Kadastorm

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect but.....currently howling at replies on an already mentioned page. Someone asked about where to butcher lambs....

Popcorn is out! :D

oh Christ I know! also, did anyone see the post earlier (which was quickly removed) about someone wanting help with the difference between birds and mammals for their dissertation!? I was tagged in it by a friend as I am struggling to find a dissertation topic (studying animal behaviour) but im pretty sure I wont pass with a dissertation on the difference between a pigeon and a horse, although it would definitely be easy! did have a good giggle!

Polar Bear9

Visit site
oh Christ I know! also, did anyone see the post earlier (which was quickly removed) about someone wanting help with the difference between birds and mammals for their dissertation!? I was tagged in it by a friend as I am struggling to find a dissertation topic (studying animal behaviour) but im pretty sure I wont pass with a dissertation on the difference between a pigeon and a horse, although it would definitely be easy! did have a good giggle!

Good god. I am sad I missed that one

Kadastorm

Visit site
im just reading the lamb post and I cant help but laugh at these meat eaters who don't want to read about lambs going to slaughter...idiots. I do love reading KEG though, entertaining to say the least!!

Polar Bear9

Visit site
The best thing about that lamb post for me was all the people saying humans are meant to be vegetarians because we have teeth like a cow, not a lion. Makes you wonder what qualifications their dentists have if they have teeth like a cow.

Kadastorm

Visit site
The best thing about that lamb post for me was all the people saying humans are meant to be vegetarians because we have teeth like a cow, not a lion. Makes you wonder what qualifications their dentists have if they have teeth like a cow.

LOL! where do these people come from!?! did they not go to school?

OwnedbyJoe

endurancedownunder.wordpress.com
My all time favourite was on a local Buy/Sell page. Some 6 months earlier we were at a riding camp and one of the ponies was being a fair little b****r so my daughter was asked to hop on and sort it out.. (She's not big, but very confident). A few months later the pony was advertised for sale and all the pics were of my daughter riding it! I asked for her to pull the pics (I don't want my daughter on FB thanks very much! and copped a load of abuse. She liked it even less when I posted explaining WHY my daughter was riding it...

conniegirl

Visit site
I've just seen one on a Yorkshire fb group asking for a 7 to 10 yr old 15.2 to 16.2 hunter, must have no vices, do a good novice test, team chase, no injuries or hang ups, oh and must be under £500

Frumpoon

Visit site
Oh God there's one on one of the Midlands pages, a 3 year old for full loan, needs bringing on (no really!), owner doesn't have time apparently.....

Tempted to post suggesting she pays out for schooling livery

Tern

Visit site
Sigh

"[enter schooler's name] must have magic powers because she's improved my mare so much!"
"[enter schooler's name" had her for 2 weeks and worked miracles! She was amazing when I got her home, 3rd ride since she was home and I'm on the ground!"

No dear, the mare is in season and just doesn't want you to ride her.. no point trying if you can't.. And you say she isn't in pain yet haven't had the vet out to scan ovaries etc.. :rolleyes:

[59668]

Visit site
As much as I actually go on KEG just for a laugh, it does highlight one of the many issues with Facebook - before, I could just trundle along in ignorance. Now I know that people this thick and illiterate actually exist. And what's worse, they have horses!

Embo

Visit site
Just read the lamb post... so entertaining!! Comedy gold.

Makes you wonder how some of these people function on a daily basis. Scary, really.

diamonddogs

Visit site
This one young girl who is known and has been chucked off a couple yards, is not very experienced, obsessed with Justin Bieber (She at one point had her job as "Justin Bieber's Bed - classy right?!?) is constantly looking for horses to "join her team" constantly makes up stores about her mare and about how she "rescued" her from an awful state. And recently bought a 5 year old warmblood mare bred for show jumping 1.10 tracks.. wonder how quickly it is 'till she sells this one or gets thrown from it..

She's on my friends list! This rescue mare is a dead ringer for mine - I saw her post a pic in one of the groups, commented on the resemblance, so she sent me a friends request so we could swap photos!