Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
That sounds 'interesting' MDIAI. ;) :)

Google tells me that 'Zoopharmacognosy is a behaviour in which non-human animals apparently self-medicate by selecting and ingesting or topically applying plants, soils, insects, and psychoactive drugs to treat or prevent disease.'

So they try and identify why horses are taking horsey LSD then? ;). Probably because they're bored if they have to live with such fun sponges!

hairycob

Visit site
I turn to Equine Rant Group when my dysfunctional family are getting a bit much (some of my extended family could keep Eastenders in storylines for a year!). After a session on there they seem quite normal. After all, anybody who can actually afford to feed their horse every week AND has a bit put by for emergencies must be a totally spoilt bitch who has no idea of real life.

WelshD

Visit site
I've started to notice a bit of a trend of people saying things like 'my husband has left me and my cooker has exploded, I saw a lovely Joules gilet in a shop that I would like but I cant afford it but i know it would make me forget my sod of a husband and bring me and my cooker closer together spiritually' followed by lots of awwwwwww hun comments which totally miss the point that the OP was cheekily hinting for money!

Woman near me got donations towards a new boiler plus essentials like wine and cigarettes because she was made redundant, she found another job just over a week later, not sure if the donations were returned... People were literally wringing their hands and asking how they could donate when she had been out of work 48hours!

Tern

Visit site
Someone trying to rehome two colts FREE, a woman who wants to take them is asking for money to rescue them!! Erm, you either have the money or not - She said I was "jumping to conclusions" and that her rescue may be full but she's rather not see them pts.. They are unhandled, un-passported colts.

Dusty85

Visit site
Ive seen that one..... someone either needs to take them and put the necessary money into getting them handled, gelded, passported etc or just PTS! There are far too many horses out there as it is....

Tern

Visit site
Ive seen that one..... someone either needs to take them and put the necessary money into getting them handled, gelded, passported etc or just PTS! There are far too many horses out there as it is....

Indeed, and she needs money for getting them to her.. erm, how is she going to survive with gelding/passporting/microchipping (hopefully//training/feed/feet/teeth costs etc after if she's full..

Was tempted to simply say pts but I would get attacked by all the pony-huggers so just left it..

only_me

Visit site
Couple more -

Woman urgently looking for white saddlecloth and black plaiting brands.
I replied try a tack shop!

Another one which said had recently bought a new horse and does anyone have 6f6 rugs that they could have for free...

Moomin1

Visit site
"Can anyone come and clip my horse this weekend urgently. Never been clipped before so don't know how will react. Don't want to pay much."

conniegirl

Visit site
Saw someone today who basically wants someone to reschool her dangerous rearer and 2 other mardy sounding horses, for free.
I couldn't help but comment!

Last edited:

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Oh my gosh, there is a girl, probably about 17 on my Facebook who's dad keeps on and on and on about her magic with horses, how she breaks them so well and gets them schooling and jumping amazingly, and how she will be the next Zara Phillips. And all I see is someone that takes all her mates unbroken horses, plonks tack on them, posts photos of them bucking and rearing all wide eyed, then posts photos 2 weeks later of them trotting around with their heads wrenched in with a bungee, and then them (at 3 or 4 years old) jumping 1m+ uprights made of old garden furniture with legs all over the place, untucked etc.. and then she has the cheek to post on FB, can someone come down the yard and help me I have too many horses. or 'people need to stop asking for favours and then complaining about the way in which I do things'.

She is also advertising DIY for 5, oh but you will have to share 3 stables between you, whilst all still paying the full fee! wow.

[59668]

Visit site
Having to sit on my hands...there is one on Kent equestrian grapevine currently referring to "deformation of character". God help us all!

conniegirl

Visit site
Basically told her good luck! But anyone with the skill to reschool a dangerous rearer will want paying for it, if they don't want paying then they probably don't have the skill for it!

hairycob

Visit site
I bit on one once. It was one of those ones were some one is saying they can't afford a really basic, predictable item (I think her clipped horse's only rug had got soaking wet it's only rug) & asking if someone had one she could have free. As the posts went on it was clear that she was keeping her horse on a real financial knife edge e.g.she was claiming that sometimes she goes without food/heating to buy hay, was apparently often having to borrow £ to pay livery etc. Someone suggested that maybe she should hand back the horse, which was loaned, until she was better placed financially. Got the usual "Are you saying I shouldn't have a horse because I haven't got any money?". So I answered "yes" - oh the hate. What a spoiled rich bitch I am. Obviously had everything handed to me on a plate by my rich parents & OH - I wish!
Now I know it is perfectly possible to keep horses on a tight budget (had to do it myself when OH was made redundant 3 times in 12 months & then retrained & started up as a chimney sweep), but if you are struggling that much that you can't eat if the horse does it probably not a good idea to keep going with someone else's horse.

dibbin

Visit site
There's a girl on one of my local groups who posts on an almost daily basis, they tend to fall into one of a few categories:

* selling horse
* looking for loan home for horse
* looking for new horse (cheep or free)
* looking for new horse on loan (cheep or free)
* where can I buy ... usually something like a headcollar or a rug
* looking for livery (almost a weekly occurrence)

Best one I've seen recently was someone looking for a "cheep horsbox". Was offered one (older and needing work, which the seller admitted) for £2,000. Too expensive. Was offered another one for £1,000. Too expensive. Someone did ask how "cheep" she thought "horsboxs" were.

Last edited:

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
There's a girl on one of my local groups who posts on an almost daily basis, they tend to fall into one of a few categories:

* selling horse

Best one I've seen recently was someone looking for a "cheep horsbox". Was offered one (older and needing work, which the seller admitted) for £2,000. Too expensive. Was offered another one for £1,000. Too expensive. Someone did ask how "cheep" she thought "horsboxs" were.

Perhaps she was intending on putting them in a cardboard box :D

Visit site
One appeared on a normally sensible page yesterday - Looking for sharer for 2 horses, £30 a week, been out of work 6 months due to pregnancy, both young and need lots of schooling. Only required until July.

Needless to say no one has replied to her yet!

Moomin1

Visit site

* selling horse

Yep, I have seen a number of posts lately saying "Need a headcollar asap must be cheap or free", and "Anyone got any spare stirrups and leathers going free?"

dibbin

Visit site
I also love the people looking for someone to ride the horse they don't have time for, and pay for the privilege!

And not forgetting the people looking for a HOYS- standard horse with a budget of under £1k ...

dibbin

Visit site
I saw someone asking for a HOYS standard Welsh D on indefinite loan yesterday o_O

"Cheep or free", presumably?

It's so sad, my friend has advertised her lovely cob mare on FB (and other places) because she doesn't have time for her, and she'd had no responses beyond silly wee lassies saying "shes lovely but bit to much money lolol" or wanting a loan ... :(

Moomin1

Visit site
'hi i am looking for a new pony head collar for a 12.2 bay pony dont mind color as long as under 5 pounds thanks in advance'

Yeah that's the one I saw. Not sure why the pony's colour is relevant either. The mind boggles if they can't even afford a headcollar over 5 quid.