Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Snowfilly

Visit site
❤️LOAN❤️

14.2 cob, 2yo gelding for Full loanto move yards - I’m looking for someone to loan him for 8 months. a he’s good in mixed herds and very good - friendly with people, hopefully looking for him to jus live out on some grass but he does behave in the stable aswell, make a great companion/ horse to fuss with till he’s old enough to b broken. …….. so basically owner wants free livery for her two year old and in 8 months time when he’s 3, she’ll have him back.

If I had a solitary youngster, I’d go after that one. Babies need other babies around and it’s cheaper to borrow than buy!

Melody Grey

Visit site
there’s a couple of interesting ads in my Facebook this week;

1. Mare for loan due to owner going to university in the autumn. Currently competing and expects loaner to continue this....whilst being put in foal imminently, though expected to carry on ‘until she tells us she can’t’.

2. A Connie for sale that’s so obese you can’t even tell what breed it is ?‍♀️

stangs

Visit site
1. Mare for loan due to owner going to university in the autumn. Currently competing and expects loaner to continue this....whilst being put in foal imminently, though expected to carry on ‘until she tells us she can’t’.
Ridiculous. I saw one in foal mare being sold as suitable for novice home. So in a few months you'll have a novice with a foal... One does wonder what exactly the target market for such horses are. It's like people are putting in them in foal for fun.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Seen a number of posts from yards offering work and accommodation for Ukrainian refugees.
Nothing wrong with offering work , it is just the sense that these yards are motivated by labour that basically can't say no once they're there , rather than being motivated by helping.
Some of them are worded a bit like "offering accommodation in exchange for work ".
The refugees are likely to be bewildered, shocked, possibly traumatised , yet some people are only thinking of whats in it it for them !

Berpisc

Visit site
Yes that does not sound a good prospect does it?
Seen a number of posts from yards offering work and accommodation for Ukrainian refugees.
Nothing wrong with offering work , it is just the sense that these yards are motivated by labour that basically can't say no once they're there , rather than being motivated by helping.
Some of them are worded a bit like "offering accommodation in exchange for work ".
The refugees are likely to be bewildered, shocked, possibly traumatised , yet some people are only thinking of whats in it it for them !

nagblagger

Visit site
[QUOTE="Cowrie, post: member: ]Just seen a funny one, on a post asking for a rough idea of the cost to get a cryptorchid castrated:

"Same as any other Colt, not sure colour makes a difference."

????? Not cheeky or ridiculous but I giggled anyway.[/QUOTE]

Isn't a cryptorchid when one of the balls hasn't desended, so will cost more??

[153312]

Visit site
[QUOTE="Cowrie, post: member: ]Just seen a funny one, on a post asking for a rough idea of the cost to get a cryptorchid castrated:

"Same as any other Colt, not sure colour makes a difference."

????? Not cheeky or ridiculous but I giggled anyway.

Isn't a cryptorchid when one of the balls hasn't desended, so will cost more??[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the point lol. The commenter thought it was a colour of horse!

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
With the price of fert now, a muck heap is probably quite valuable....if you can afford the deseil to spread it!
Only if it is very well rotted and there is no moxydectin wormer in any of the muck. Farmers are unlikely to be interested as horse muck has a reputation for having a lot of weed seeds and the use of the moxydectin wormer killing the good bugs in the soil.

Visit site
One has just popped up -

Looking for the impossible ??

Due to lesson price increases at my riding school I can no longer afford frequent lessons. I am a quiet, confident rider who has been riding for 9 years looking to loan/ride a horse once or twice a week. I’m happy to pay a small financial contribution or help with yard duties. I am based in at weekends and have my own transport and based in weekdays. I am used to riding cob types and have previously loaned a forward going cob although, I would be open to anything over 14hh. Please PM me if you have anything suitable and I am happy to send some videos.

EchoInterrupted

Visit site
I wonder why I've seen this share advertised for months...

£20/week
"she is an 8 year old thoroughbred no riding as she need someone who's gonna give her a lot of love and also training need someone who very experience with horses and know what there doing no under 18+"

AKA pay £20/week to do my yard chores and train my unridable (and from the sounds of it maybe poorly mannered?) horse. To be fair they don't mention yard chores, but the photos indicate DIY (this is an assumption on my part, I admit).

Mayyybee at a stretch it's an off the track thoroughbred that they want help retraining, which could be a fun project for someone experienced who doesn't want/can't have the commitment of having their own at the moment (hens teeth to begin with), but surely at the very least it should be free rather than having to pay...

EchoInterrupted

Visit site
One has just popped up -

Looking for the impossible ??

Due to lesson price increases at my riding school I can no longer afford frequent lessons. I am a quiet, confident rider who has been riding for 9 years looking to loan/ride a horse once or twice a week. I’m happy to pay a small financial contribution or help with yard duties. I am based in at weekends and have my own transport and based in weekdays. I am used to riding cob types and have previously loaned a forward going cob although, I would be open to anything over 14hh. Please PM me if you have anything suitable and I am happy to send some videos.

Tbh I don't really see the issue with this? They've been riding for 9 years, so probably capable of at least regularly hacking out a sensible horse. They're happy to pay a financial contribution and do yard chores, have their own transport, and are mentioning two different locations they are based in, indicating they would be open to sharing in X location during the weekend or Y location during the weekdays depending on where/what might be available. They've done a loan previously and mention extremely few requirements (anything over 14hh). Seems like a sensible sharer to me.

The only "questionable" thing they mention is the price increase at their riding school, but given that most shares are about £15/day and most riding lessons are £40+/hour, they're not wrong that sharing is the more affordable route if you're competent enough to ride on your own and just want some saddle time every week? They specify they wouldn't be able to afford frequent (I would interpret this as weekly or so, but who knows) lessons anymore, but don't say they are stopping with lessons entirely.

ETA - cost of living is going up for everyone, I don't think we should judge someone's competency as a sharer based on the fact they are upfront of being priced out of riding at their RS regularly. If they were riding weekly at a RS for say £35/week (low side), but that price has now increased, they could take that £35/week and put it towards one to two days a week share at £15-£20/day? Did I miss something or misunderstand the post (asking honestly, not sassily haha)

Last edited:

piebaldproblems

Visit site
I wonder why I've seen this share advertised for months...

£20/week
"she is an 8 year old thoroughbred no riding as she need someone who's gonna give her a lot of love and also training need someone who very experience with horses and know what there doing no under 18+"

AKA pay £20/week to do my yard chores and train my unridable (and from the sounds of it maybe poorly mannered?) horse. To be fair they don't mention yard chores, but the photos indicate DIY (this is an assumption on my part, I admit).

Mayyybee at a stretch it's an off the track thoroughbred that they want help retraining, which could be a fun project for someone experienced who doesn't want/can't have the commitment of having their own at the moment (hens teeth to begin with), but surely at the very least it should be free rather than having to pay...
You must be in my area.

That ad confuses me a lot. The pictures don't make the horse look like it's in the best condition, the grammar is poor, the ad's not worded in a way which makes sense as to what they want done with the sore. Feels a novice has ended up with a grossly unsuitable horse.

Pippity

Visit site
Tbh I don't really see the issue with this? They've been riding for 9 years, so probably capable of at least regularly hacking out a sensible horse. They're happy to pay a financial contribution and do yard chores, have their own transport, and are mentioning two different locations they are based in, indicating they would be open to sharing in X location during the weekend or Y location during the weekdays depending on where/what might be available. They've done a loan previously and mention extremely few requirements (anything over 14hh). Seems like a sensible sharer to me.

The only "questionable" thing they mention is the price increase at their riding school, but given that most shares are about £15/day and most riding lessons are £40+/hour, they're not wrong that sharing is the more affordable route if you're competent enough to ride on your own and just want some saddle time every week? They specify they wouldn't be able to afford frequent (I would interpret this as weekly or so, but who knows) lessons anymore, but don't say they are stopping with lessons entirely.

ETA - cost of living is going up for everyone, I don't think we should judge someone's competency as a sharer based on the fact they are upfront of being priced out of riding at their RS regularly. If they were riding weekly at a RS for say £35/week (low side), but that price has now increased, they could take that £35/week and put it towards one to two days a week share at £15-£20/day? Did I miss something or misunderstand the post (asking honestly, not sassily haha)

I'm half-considering a sharer for Blue, and this is the sort of advert I'd respond to.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm with EI, I see no issue with the been at RS for 9 years post.

Roxy I have some heavy (ex council) slabs, they are big squares but I still don't know how they are quite so heavy. I was hoping the ones they brought for the shed would be lighter as smaller.. . not much. I gave up and paid a man to take away the blocks with great big holes in them whose only use could have been to string up for some sort of farmers carry event for a strongman competition. . .

EchoInterrupted

Visit site
You must be in my area.

That ad confuses me a lot. The pictures don't make the horse look like it's in the best condition, the grammar is poor, the ad's not worded in a way which makes sense as to what they want done with the sore. Feels a novice has ended up with a grossly unsuitable horse.
This is exactly what I got from it as well. The first picture especially is a bit disconcerting/horse doesn't look well. Makes me worry that someone has gotten in over their head and needs but can't afford help. :(