Cheltenham

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
ok, have had acknowledgement e mail from british horseracing authority saying it can take up to 7 days to answer a query.. lets see what they say...

Visit site
Changing the subject... Looks like the irish have all the best horses this year....

They usually do! But they haven't won either of the Championship races ran yet! I'm not sure if they will get the World Hurdle but I suspect the Gold Cup will be heading over the water!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Listening to Colin T just now I read it that they are hoping they will find something and can go again... surely now it's time to call it a day? I don't think we've seen the last of him racing though.

Visit site
Listening to Colin T just now I read it that they are hoping they will find something and can go again... surely now it's time to call it a day? I don't think we've seen the last of him racing though.

In the run up to Cheltenham they always said this was Cue Cards swansong - but nothing surprises me with Tizard.

Clodagh

Visit site
I think Michael O Leary is coming across really well. And really pleased for Davy Russell. X

I thought he came across as really loving it. See PD, I can be nice about owners! RR interviewed well the other day, too.

Please let them retire CC, he is so lovely and has become rather public property now (for right or wrong).

Chiffy

Visit site
Chris Evans at Jonjo’s yard this morning. We have friends there who won his auction package for Children in Need to go to Cheltenham!

Visit site
Chris Evans at Jonjo’s yard this morning. We have friends there who won his auction package for Children in Need to go to Cheltenham!

I hope they have a good day! And what better day to go than Gold cup day!

What is everyone thinking for the Gold Cup? My heart wants Edwulf to do well but my headad says Definitely Red on the softer ground.

It was 2 years ago now that my wee Sky Khan was a close 3rd in the boys race!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Is the faller in the first up? Following BBC live text and there's a picture of the winner but in the distance you can see the jockey in the background stood around the hurdle suggesting horse still down?

Glad double shuffle isn't running in the gold cup as tempted to stick a fiver on at 60-1 or whatever the odds so won't regret not doing that at least.

Think native river will win but not the biggest fan of Colin Tizzard. Would like to see Edwulf win it.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Stormy Island got up and walked off but Sandsend had a horrific leg break and tried to run on. Horrid to see and my thoughts are with his connections. Hoping Outlander comes in the frame as I have an each way bet on him! But I am very fond of Might Bite! Hope the all come home safe and sound.

suffolkmare

Visit site
Great duel but both horses looked tired on the run in. Congratulations to Native River and team Tizzard. I hope both fallers were ok, after the sad earlier fatality ��

Clodagh

Visit site
What a fantastic race. I love NR, but MB is a bit special. Let's hope they both make it back safe and sound for next year!

scotlass

Visit site
Great race by the first two. The ground is leaving a lot of good horses standing.

And now what a great race by Pacha du Polder. This little schoolmaster really knows how to look after amateurs

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Grrrr I was rushing home after stressage comp to put a bet on Native River. But too late - had to hear it on the radio instead! I almost always bet on the Gold Cup and on the National. Haven't won anything since backing Seagram which was a very, very long time ago so would have been nice to have had a winner again this time!

scotlass

Visit site
Have you ridden round there?

No. Why?

This is the second day of Cheltenham using the new course. Horses like Definitely Red, who would normally stay all day found the ground testing.

Pasha du Polder has a great record in the Amateurs .. 5th with Victoria Pendleton, and has won the last two years.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
No. Why?

This is the second day of Cheltenham using the new course. Horses like Definitely Red, who would normally stay all day found the ground testing.

Pasha du Polder has a great record in the Amateurs .. 5th with Victoria Pendleton, and has won the last two years.

Yes, a fabulous horse, but even these "amateurs" have to have a certain degree of skill to ride over those fences, judge a race and deal with all the other runners - let alone someone who has just dislocated her shoulder and still manages to win it.

Visit site
Yes, a fabulous horse, but even these "amateurs" have to have a certain degree of skill to ride over those fences, judge a race and deal with all the other runners - let alone someone who has just dislocated her shoulder and still manages to win it.

Well as Victoria Pendleton proved - you don't need that much experience to go round Cheltenham!