Christmas Racing

Clodagh

Visit site
So what to make of the Patrick v Danny Mullins falling out yesterday? Does it prove all Irish racing is decided before the off with half trained by WM and half GE? Or were they just stupid this one time?

I’m late to this party as have been working every day but I hate the Welsh National. I hate slogs in mud that finishes horses forever. It’s a horrible race.

bonny

Visit site
So what to make of the Patrick v Danny Mullins falling out yesterday? Does it prove all Irish racing is decided before the off with half trained by WM and half GE? Or were they just stupid this one time?

I’m late to this party as have been working every day but I hate the Welsh National. I hate slogs in mud that finishes horses forever. It’s a horrible race.
I suspect they were just doing in public what normally happens between closed doors.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site

Gamebird

Visit site
I will step back from any comment here, only to say that Danny is probably the most competitive person there is, and Ruby has summed it up perfectly:

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
Last edited:

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Seen some interesting comments on posts about Frodon - do we think Bryony will still get the rides in g1s she was getting while Frodon etc were around - she was his regular jockey, do we think she will retain rides on others like she did with him? I know PN has loads of grade 1 horses so presumably rides will come up for her, but will they with the same consistency as when horses were around she was regular jockey for? Is she PN 2nd jockey or are others ahead of her?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Sceau Royale has retired. Another fabulous horse. He is very smart looking - he’d look good in the show ring.

Good to see as he was another starting to struggle - is there an article or anything about him? I can't see one on Racing post - feel they should have a retirements section to celebrate these horses more

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Link There’s an article here 😊 Plus he’s had lovely mentions on Sky Racing and RUK social media.

Oh good! I wish they'd say what he will be doing be interesting to see what he'll be getting up to

Bryony has put a lovely message about Frodon on her Instagram, I think ITV have said he will be parading at Cheltenham on new years day, hopefully he's shown

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Oh good! I wish they'd say what he will be doing be interesting to see what he'll be getting up to

Bryony has put a lovely message about Frodon on her Instagram, I think ITV have said he will be parading at Cheltenham on new years day, hopefully he's shown

Here’s what one of his owners has said, including what he’s going to be getting up to 😊

IMG_3732.png

photo_jo

Visit site
Because they are in the main trained by 2 yards, so the opportunities to decide which horse is going to finish where is infinite.
If there's a problem with Irish racing it's the fact that with the two dominant stables and the number of horses they have it means for the journeyman horse it's very difficult to place them. Every ordinary novice hurdle/chase has expensive Mullins/Elliott runners and it's almost three races in one-the Saturday/Sunday horses from Closutton and Cullentra (+ a couple of others trainers), the ones that will end up being the middle range handicappers and the no-hopers. Do I think they fix the races, no I don't, do people run horses to get a handicap mark, yes they do but that's no different in the UK and at least there are plenty of runners in Ireland. The idea they have over here of less days racing but the same number of races is laughable

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Stage Star has been declared. I shall worry terribly about him. I hope it’s heavy and sloppy not heavy and dragging.

Are you going there to watch Clodagh? I just looked back through his form and he has never run on heavy, I wonder if they will withdraw him tomorrow, especially if the ground gets worse. They could always re-route to Festival Trials day in January to get a run in him before the Festival.

Clodagh

Visit site
Are you going there to watch Clodagh? I just looked back through his form and he has never run on heavy, I wonder if they will withdraw him tomorrow, especially if the ground gets worse. They could always re-route to Festival Trials day in January to get a run in him before the Festival.
No, I’m having a duvet on the sofa day. I went to see him in the Paddy Power. I will have beer, crisps, the fire going and access to my own loo 😄