Christmas Racing

toppedoff

Visit site
Yes he finished and as @Crazy_cat_lady says, he was miles behind the other four finishers.

Normally the stewards report says if they finished lame etc but nothing or there or RP results about lameness or if he collapsed.
Oh that's awful. Haven't heard but anything of the others yet, alot pulled up around the same sort of time if I remember correctly around the 18th fence that ground did look quite brutal

bonny

Visit site
That’s sad, I thought he ran well till he made a mistake a couple of fences out and then looked like he just got home.

Gamebird

Visit site
It's the big one at Leopardstown today. Lots of potential Cheltenham Gold Cup contenders (and the last two winners) running in the Savills Chase at 14.25. A Plus Tard, Appreciate It, Capodanno, Churchstonewarrior, Conflated, Envoi Allen, Fastorslow, Galopin Des Champs, Gerri Colombe, I Am Maximus and Janidil. It's going to be a staying competition, with the win going to whoever can survive the slog and still find some speed at the end. Shame no UK horses from the many entries have decided to take their chances, but it's a rare opportunity to see a whole bunch of 160+ rated horses come out to play. Gerri Colombe and Fastorslow are probably going to be the big talking horses of the day.

bonny

Visit site
It's the big one at Leopardstown today. Lots of potential Cheltenham Gold Cup contenders (and the last two winners) running in the Savills Chase at 14.25. A Plus Tard, Appreciate It, Capodanno, Churchstonewarrior, Conflated, Envoi Allen, Fastorslow, Galopin Des Champs, Gerri Colombe, I Am Maximus and Janidil. It's going to be a staying competition, with the win going to whoever can survive the slog and still find some speed at the end. Shame no UK horses from the many entries have decided to take their chances, but it's a rare opportunity to see a whole bunch of 160+ rated horses come out to play. Gerri Colombe and Fastorslow are probably going to be the big talking horses of the day.
It looks like a seriously good race and hopefully we will be wiser to the gold cup form after the event …..who do you think will do well today ?

Gamebird

Visit site
It looks like a seriously good race and hopefully we will be wiser to the gold cup form after the event …..who do you think will do well today ?
It's so hard to know, as I think the ground will mix things up a lot! I don't know too much about Gerri Colombe, but he's very well regarded and has beaten Envoi Allen and Conflated recently. You'd think Jack Kennedy would have the choice, and he's picked him over Conflated, which figures. Fastorslow has beaten GDC twice now, but arguably GDC needed the run last time. I'm not sure what he'll make of the ground, and I think the longer trip and the going might work in GDC's favour, if he's hit top form. Appreciate It seems to have a new lease of life, and definitely has decent finishing pace. I Am Maximus will stay as he's an Irish National winner. He does jump to one side, but I can't remember which. Maybe left? Either of Henry's horses could pull off a surprise - maybe A Plus Tard would be the better of the two?

Oooh. I think Fastorslow might be a non-runner... that will change things!

bonny

Visit site
It's so hard to know, as I think the ground will mix things up a lot! I don't know too much about Gerri Colombe, but he's very well regarded and has beaten Envoi Allen and Conflated recently. You'd think Jack Kennedy would have the choice, and he's picked him over Conflated, which figures. Fastorslow has beaten GDC twice now, but arguably GDC needed the run last time. I'm not sure what he'll make of the ground, and I think the longer trip and the going might work in GDC's favour, if he's hit top form. Appreciate It seems to have a new lease of life, and definitely has decent finishing pace. I Am Maximus will stay as he's an Irish National winner. He does jump to one side, but I can't remember which. Maybe left? Either of Henry's horses could pull off a surprise - maybe A Plus Tard would be the better of the two?

Oooh. I think Fastorslow might be a non-runner... that will change things!
It’s certainly a tricky race to try and work out, shame if Fastorslow doesn’t run though. I think I’m going with GDC or possibly I’m Maximus.

toppedoff

Visit site
Is it due to the ground? It looked quite harsh yesterday but equally the rain and wind might make conditions hard to run on or to just travel for some

bonny

Visit site
Is it due to the ground? It looked quite harsh yesterday but equally the rain and wind might make conditions hard to run on or to just travel for some
No one will know apart from the connections but it’s a serious race and I imagine some of them will want to wait for another day.

Gamebird

Visit site
Matheson Hurdle day (2.20pm) ! And the last day of what must be an epic 4-day marathon for everyone involved at Leopardstown. No Sharjah now that he has moved up to fences, but I'd doubt he'd lay up with the new kids on the block anyway. Small but select field. Will be amazing to see what Impair Et Passe can or can't do to Stateman! No doubt Constitution Hill will be watching with mild but unconcerned interest from Seven Barrows.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Definitely the right decision for Frodon - I hope Bryony posts some videos and photos of their adventures together, she used to with Black Corton it looked like they had great adventures together on Dartmoor(?)