Colic

cheekywelshie

Visit site
If you are going to change yards, when you bring him away from the horsepital is the time to do it. I would like someone on site myself for the forst few weeks at least.
I contacted a yard but didn't hear back maybe they thought it was too much hassle. He is easy to maange and copes with being moved around OK but I think muy options are limited. FL is about 500 a month and mostly round here that's it. I really don't trust anyone to do him so think will have to do it myself...

Reactions: tda

cheekywelshie

Visit site
Thank you everyone! Looks like we can bring him home on Saturday!

Now to the post op care and where he goes

I am still a bit worried (as now super paranoid obv!) about what's best - whether a short term solution where someone on site can look after him when I can't be here.

Any stories /experiences of managing recovery from colic surgery??

Last time (12 years ago) he was on full livery.

Current yard no one around in day. I really want him to follow the RVC pattern of having regular walks to grass and checks every day - otherwise I'll have to do it which 4 times a day inc late checks is tough as work is quite full on though they have been v undertsanding over this (although there is the camera idea). Current yard is on a hill, YO horses only noone on site.

There is a another yard with someone on site that has space that could do a bespoke package for me , obv he won't know the others (although he's been at RVC for two weeks now)..it's pellets though rather than shavings (am i being too fussy here about wanting a big thick bed of shavings!)

Wondering whether to do a short -term move or just try and get by for 6-8 weeks. Other concerns are no lights wher i am now, and what if tap freezes? There would be no one up after 5/6.