Colic

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh crikey - I am so sorry @cheekywelshie - everything was looking so much more positive when I last posted on this thread yesterday. :(

I really do understand how you are feeling, and I wish there was something I could do to make the whole situation better for you.

Sending you virtual hugs. XX

vmac66

Visit site
So sorry. The right decisions are often the hardest ones. You've done the very best you can for him. Its the worst part of having any animal. Give yourself time to greive. X

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you had hoped. It sounds trite but it is true that time is a great healer. Try to remember all the things that you did together in the bonus years after the first surgery, it truly will help.

cheekywelshie

Visit site
Oh god, honestly I'm not sure how much longer of it I can take.

I got a call from the vet an hour ago. Prepared myself to say i'll be there in an hour can you keep him OK til then, I just want to see him one last time.

The vet said. I thought I was going to have that conversation with you too.

But there's some positive news. He's refluxing less. His white blood cells have gone normal and we can hear gut sounds.

I said 'please, please don't do this too me, I can't take much more of it' then burst into tears.

He said, I know it is horrible this rollercoaster ride but i think we should give him one last chance because he has shown improvement.

I said yes but it's to do with food he can't eat properly so it's going to happen again the reflux anyway.

He said if it does then that's when we stop. We don't go for surgery (I'd said I didn't want that, and they agreed) but we give him this last chance because he's not giving up yet, trust me on this I will not let any animal suffer.

So wants to keep hi on the IV Fluids another day.= because his white blood cell count has gone normal and he has heard gut movement, and then try feeding him tomorrow. I feel this is prolonging the agony and the inevitable and I feel like i am going to be sick - but following the vet's advice. So i feel like it's just another day i have him. I am going down to see him shortly.

Last edited:

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I am so sad to read you are in this situation and the emotional rollercoaster will make it feel so much worse. You have made sure he is in the best possible place - they will be managing his pain and giving him the best chance. Many of us have been where you are now and it feels like hell. Be kind to yourself. It sounds as though you have thought through a plan of action depending on the outcome of the next few days, and that will help you manage the process whichever way it goes. In the meantime I shall keep everything crossed that he comes through. Big hugs. xx

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Oh god, honestly I'm not sure how much longer of it I can take.

I got a call from the vet an hour ago. Prepared myself to say i'll be there in an hour can you keep him OK til then, I just want to see him one last time.

The vet said. I thought I was going to have that conversation with you too.

But there's some positive news. He's refluxing less. His white blood cells have gone normal and we can hear gut sounds.

I said 'please, please don't do this too me, I can't take much more of it' then burst into tears.

He said, I know it is horrible this rollercoaster ride but i think we should give him one last chance because he has shown improvement.

I said yes but it's to do with food he can't eat properly so it's going to happen again the reflux anyway.

He said if it does then that's when we stop. We don't go for surgery (I'd said I didn't want that, and they agreed) but we give him this last chance because he's not giving up yet, trust me on this I will not let any animal suffer.

So wants to keep hi on the IV Fluids another day.= because his white blood cell count has gone normal and he has heard gut movement, and then try feeding him tomorrow. I feel this is prolonging the agony and the inevitable and I feel like i am going to be sick - but following the vet's advice. So i feel like it's just another day i have him.
I can't say anything to help you. I wish I could. But thinking of you at such a sad time. Hugs and vibes x x

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Oh CW I’ve just caught up on the thread and can only imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you’ve been through over the last few days. I wish there was something I could say or do to help make it better, instead have some much needed HHO vibes, they’ve got me through some tough times in the past and I hope they can do the same for you xx

Nikki26

Visit site
What a rollercoaster you are on at the moment. He is fighting so hard for you, I so hope you have the miracle that we are all hoping for. Your vet sounds amazing. I trust my vet explicitly and trust him to tell me when enough is enough. I have everything crossed for you both. xx