Colic

cheekywelshie

Visit site
He is a stunning boy. whats his breeding? (Sire/dam)
Well that's a good question because it just says 'cob type' on his passport! Unknown for sire/dam. So I thought he might have welsh but hmmmm, I really don't know. I always wanted a Welshie so just went with it but people have said he might have a bit of fell, dales the vet even thought icelandic?! I got him from the outskirts of London from a dealer as a 5 ish year old. He was in a riding school for five months, obviously hated that although he tolerates stressage but I do more hacking/jumping though jumping for fun these days)

Fraggle2

Visit site
Keeping everything crossed for you.

I'm another that has been checking the thread several times a day.
Sending hugs for you as I'm sure you could do with some x

Annagain

Visit site
Well that's a good question because it just says 'cob type' on his passport! Unknown for sire/dam. So I thought he might have welsh but hmmmm, I really don't know. I always wanted a Welshie so just went with it but people have said he might have a bit of fell, dales the vet even thought icelandic?! I got him from the outskirts of London from a dealer as a 5 ish year old. He was in a riding school for five months, obviously hated that although he tolerates stressage but I do more hacking/jumping though jumping for fun these days)

Everything crossed here too. I've been keeping any eye on his progress but didn't comment as I didn't have anything useful to add. But now I do - sort of! He looks so much like my old boy who was a very well bred (they just forgot to tell him that) Sec D. There's no doubt in my mind that he's 100% Welsh.

cheekywelshie

Visit site
Hello everyone sorry for the late update (having a broken phone is really crap at a time like this - they will only look at it on Friday!) So I am dependent on my OH phone and my laptop. I spoke to the vet this morning and went up this afternoon. He managed one small poo this mornig but he is only on readigrass and 5 minutes of grazing by hand. I specified that everything has to be soaked - the readigrass was a scoop but it is dry and so they said they will soak it. I took him out for a 5 minute graze and he seemed happy enough. Apparently there is a bit of swelling near the incision (!) so bit worried about that. His heart rate etc is normal this afternoon and his white blood count. Tomorrow is the test - can he eat hay....gulp