Confrontantial livery

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
this sounds like the mangled flip side of the poster recently whose YO was watching their FB and asked them to take a post down!

Airing dirty laundry in public never pays off :eek: regardless of what OP did or didn't do, this isn't the way for the other livery to deal with it. Hope you manage to get some kind of grown up resolution.

I do agree, but in this instance there are two people who aren't speaking to each other, one of them is discussing the incident on an internet forum and the other is doing it on Facebook ...

JenniD

Visit site
This is all going way too far! I wonder if this woman is on this forum too? It's pathetic. Wouldn't be surprised if she has 'big issues' totally unrelated to this incident and you're the whipping pole she's using to vent her anger on! What an ignorant **%$*!

merlo89

Visit site
Crikey. What has she got against you? It must be more than you accidentally spooking her horses? Is there background to this?

I have never spoken to the other livery pre this incident. She has not been on the yard long.

And each blaming the other!

I’m not playing the blame game? I only asked if it was normal to be spoken to in an unpleasant way...

Palindrome

Visit site
I think you are better off just ignoring her and blocking her on social media. If she is going to create drama it is better to stay away. Just say hello when you see her and go about your business.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I keep checking on this thread to see what OP did to the horses.

Bet its not as bad as OH does to me. Strimming, dancing, tractoring, flame throwing, spraying, chopping wood...

ETA - if it was something daft then I would buy buns. Many ill feeling type situations are smoothed over with buns.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I've been reading this thread thinking there's definitely two sides to this. I've had other liveries pull some pretty dangerous stunts while they were probably thinking they were just going about their business... there's still the (strong) possibility that the woman is just a bit crazy but it does sound like you've done something to really upset or annoy her OP...

Everyone involved hitting up social media with it just makes it soooooo much easier to sort out though.... no? And of course we're all invested now and will need updates.

SusieT

Visit site
If you've never spoken to her before is there a reason for that? I'd expect most people sharing a barn to have exchanged pleasentaries? What did you do to spook the horses- you haven't answered this yet so I can only assume it was something a bit odd or random?
Why didn't you just go an say something about it being a shame her horses were spooke,d you hope she knows it wasnt intentional and that they have settled down?

alexomahony

Visit site
I've never understood how people could ever shout whilst at a stable yard... it's always been drilled in to me to be quiet around horses. If she's the type to shout and scream around horses, if I was the YO, i'd have stepped in for that reason alone.

She sounds like she is scared of her horses and over reacted. Shouting is a typical 'nervy' way to deal with something.

stormox

Visit site
I do not understand this thread at all and I have read all the posts. Someone accidentally spooked 2 horses being led in by someone else and that person got angry?
Move on!! I dont think its up to YO to sort things out - you are both adults. Either ignore each other and do your own horses in your own way or shake hands and get on with life!

Smogul

Visit site
I've never understood how people could ever shout whilst at a stable yard... it's always been drilled in to me to be quiet around horses. If she's the type to shout and scream around horses, if I was the YO, i'd have stepped in for that reason alone.

She sounds like she is scared of her horses and over reacted. Shouting is a typical 'nervy' way to deal with something.

I don't see why you assume that someone is scared of their horse because they have reacted. She could have been trodden on, kicked or knocked over. A very ladylike fellow livery came out with some choice words when someone spooked her horse and it kicked her on the breast. A quick apology ("sorry, didn't realise you were there. Are you OK now?") would be in order. In any livery yard, you have to expect that some horses are more spooky than others and you take this into account around them. You still haven't said what you did!

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I spooked my own horse and she never apologied for knocking into me- though she did sniff the point of impact afterwards!
I find horses try not to knock into things if possible.

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I keep checking on this thread to see what OP did to the horses.

Bet its not as bad as OH does to me. Strimming, dancing, tractoring, flame throwing, spraying, chopping wood...

ETA - if it was something daft then I would buy buns. Many ill feeling type situations are smoothed over with buns.
I love buns. It's good for all situations with a nice cuppa.
What type of buns though.

Red-1

Visit site
I love buns. It's good for all situations with a nice cuppa.
What type of buns though.

Depends on the 'crime!'

If it was going about your daily business and just happened to spook the horses then Co-Op doughnuts would be sufficient, 6 for 99p.

If it was doing something normally done in a yard, but not when horses were around, such as steam cleaning the box, then cream cakes such as chocolate eclairs, Viennese slices, cream scone.

If it was something that had no place in the yard, such as a full on Karaoke extravaganza or flying a drone then gateaux all round.

If something not appropriate in a yard and dangerous per se, such as car racing, then a whole bakery!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Depends on the 'crime!'

If it was going about your daily business and just happened to spook the horses then Co-Op doughnuts would be sufficient, 6 for 99p.

If it was doing something normally done in a yard, but not when horses were around, such as steam cleaning the box, then cream cakes such as chocolate eclairs, Viennese slices, cream scone.

If it was something that had no place in the yard, such as a full on Karaoke extravaganza or flying a drone then gateaux all round.

If something not appropriate in a yard and dangerous per se, such as car racing, then a whole bakery!

See my horses are karaoke proof we have a karaoke machine in our party room, so there well used to hearing people make complete prats of themselves.

I often have the radio on pretty loud outside they are typically party ponies, but they wouldn't enjoy car racing that would totally freak them out, for that I would expect a roast dinner supplied and cooked by the offenders.

The-Bookworm

Visit site
Depends on the 'crime!'

Ours are used to drones flying on the yard.
Some sound like annoying bees.
I guess it depends how busy your yard is as well for perspective. Ours is peaceful but active if that makes sense. She gets to see a lot. But might jump at someone coming out of the feed room if fallen asleep.
So, donuts with custard?

The-Bookworm

Visit site
See my horses are karaoke proof we have a karaoke machine in our party room, so there well used to hearing people make complete prats of themselves.

I often have the radio on pretty loud outside they are typically party ponies, but they wouldn't enjoy car racing that would totally freak them out, for that I would expect a roast dinner supplied and cooked by the offenders.
You see I wouldn't, not really into the roast dinner.
I would expect something though. I don't think mine would cope with car racing either, unless she could watch maybe.

Red-1

Visit site
Ours are used to drones flying on the yard.
Some sound like annoying bees.
I guess it depends how busy your yard is as well for perspective. Ours is peaceful but active if that makes sense. She gets to see a lot. But might jump at someone coming out of the feed room if fallen asleep.
So, donuts with custard?

Custard? You mean in the middle? No, I prefer the Co-Op jam ones, but only when they are still in date.

Red-1

Visit site
I don't think mine would cope with car racing either, unless she could watch maybe.

I once hired a XC course but the owner warned me that there was a rally going on in the far side of the field. I said that was OK, after all, how much fuss can a few ponies make?

Nope, they meant car rally. I am talking revving engines, flags, flying mud, loud speakers, spectators, all in the same (admittedly large) field.

We did jumping without the jumps that day!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I once hired a XC course but the owner warned me that there was a rally going on in the far side of the field. I said that was OK, after all, how much fuss can a few ponies make?

Nope, they meant car rally. I am talking revving engines, flags, flying mud, loud speakers, spectators, all in the same (admittedly large) field.

Yeah I would be in trouble with that one of mine doesn't even like slow moving cars that much:rolleyes:

The-Bookworm

Visit site

I would have thought from health and safety point of view they would have it completely separate or not hire.

We have had a bouncy castle and none of the horses took any notice. Now a tyre in a hedge and oh my god I can't possibly go by it. Mine likes to be able to see everything properly, but what horse doesn't.
Nosey moo.