Daft passport names

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
What is the correct pronounciation of Chagall? I'd have gone with Chag All too...

‘Shagarl’. He was a 20th century artist.

In Sweden that artists name is pronounced 'Cha-gall'.

My mother is somewhat interested in art, but also, if anyone have a Swedish Warmblood, your horse might have Chagall 455 in their pedigree. He was born 1966, died 1990, fathered several international dressage horses, and can still be found in many SWB pedigrees.

framedphoto.php

JulesRules

Visit site
I used to ride a Bonnie the Clyde. I remember her being announced as Bonnie the Clyd on one occasion.

Mine both have quite nice names albeit one is very short and one very long.

Smudgie is Afera and Rory is Billesdon's Monarch of the Glen.

DiNozzo

Visit site
I couldn't have a Stacey. My brain would insist she is Stacey's Mom, who's she's got it going on!

My ponies both have nice, traditonal Scottish names, which are fine - except Morrich Darach doesn't work well south of the border - MorriCK DaraCK really annoys me! Though not as much as a previous yard where he was known as Darack Obama...

The mare is called Tiptoe Firedance. She's a fairly agricultural animal, so I've no idea what they were thinking... She's a QH x hairy cob - I also have no idea what they were thinking there either - she's a lot nicer than she ought to be!

How do you pronounce Morrich Darach?

dibbin

Visit site
My friend used to have a mare who was passported as "Page 3 Girl" - she was a very tarty traditional cob mare so it suited her!

My sister's first horse was called Munterinney Tom, but everyone called him Tom the Munter :p (he was not in any way a munter but a very handsome ISH!)

Leo Walker

Visit site
Mine is Mercey. I checked to see if it means anything but it doesnt. I assume its just Mercy spelt wrong as shes also referred to as a femail! When I get round to it I'll think up something better suited and have it changed. I'd never even consider changing a proper prefixed name, but Mercey just really annoys me, esp as neither myself of her previous owner have ever called her that

Colivet

Visit site
I had a horse once by the chestnut stallion Ginger Dick, which always made me smile.

So did I - the one in my profile pic, horse of a lifetime. I once came across a horse, also by Ginger Dick with a damsire called Zero Watt, it was named Ginger Watt which I always thought should end with a question mark !

Not mine, but others I have come across were Ballbreaker, Prozac, Fanny Farkle.

I've also come across cobs called CobNob and a particularly short legged heavyweight called Arnie Shorzalegga

Last edited:

Schollym

Visit site
Notice lots of comments about no breeding in Irish passports, my daughters horse did have breeding in it although written in pen she registered her with the ISH registry as her new owner and when the passport was returned all this information had been ripped out.

still standing

Visit site
In Sweden that artists name is pronounced 'Cha-gall'.

My mother is somewhat interested in art, but also, if anyone have a Swedish Warmblood, your horse might have Chagall 455 in their pedigree. He was born 1966, died 1990, fathered several international dressage horses, and can still be found in many SWB pedigrees.

framedphoto.php
That's interesting, because my friend's horse Chagall was a very good dressage horse and competed at quite a high level - maybe that was his bloodline too.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
We have a pony called Razzle Dazzle - not particularly odd or contentious. However at one show, the commentator announced my daughter on Sizzle Sausage. I know my handwriting isn't good but.....
lol, eminds me of when my vet treated one of my many for the first time. Her name is Sweet Fairy. When I got the bill, she was down as Pixie!

Naming foals is one of the fun things for a breeder. That's why my mares have themes - and it helps to keep track of who is out of who. When Macha Pride went to Avanti Amorous Archie, I was quite restrained. She had Vanity, Mr. Darcy and Lawrence. Then she went to my boy, Indigo Pure Arrogance. Called the boy Pure Hubris (Huey), and the next one (a filly) just HAD to be Without Prejudice (Dice).

Hollychops

Visit site
I worked in Cyprus for a while and at the saddle club we had a pony called cavigillan, named after the four ladies who chased him round the Cypriot mountains trying to catch him to bring him home, Carole, Val, Gill and Ann. He was known as Cavi.
We have a retired pony whose passported as Divine...theres nothing Divine about her! lol!

1ST1

Visit site
My PRE is called Camaron, apparently meaning shrimp in Spanish :oops:, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to name a beautiful grey horse after such an ugly and pink creature but a google search revealed that he is not the only one and there are many, many Spanish horses called Camaron!
So his groom came up with a brilliant stable name just by playing with two letters in his name and he now goes by the name of "Macaron". It really suits him because he is small, round and very sweet just like a macaron :D

Reacher

Visit site
My retired ex racer has a silly name - Katie’s Bath Time
I don’t like my riding horse’s passport name - Axel. No breeding recorded. He is the one who beggered off with me in a WH show lapping the arena with no brakes. He did the same at the weekend in an indoor SJ (just as I thought we had cracked it). Stable name is Harvey- I am seriously thinking of changing his name to Chillout Harvey ! - look closely at the photo...

Attachments

• 4EBA4099-3650-4E0B-9C0C-64410E69EE20.jpeg
    4EBA4099-3650-4E0B-9C0C-64410E69EE20.jpeg
    798.4 KB · Views: 16