Dealings with Elite Equine and Meadow stables in Essex

exracehorse

Visit site
I'm glad that all the new poster has achieved is bumping this thread up.

I've seen Sammarie spouting on Facebook. Just out of interest, she says she's contacted horse and hound and is going ahead with legal action for slander, is that something that's actually possible to do? Surely you can't prosecute a forum for the posts made by individuals? I'd be interested to hear from a legal bod if this is actually a thing that can be done as I don't know enough about the legalities to be sure myself.
I wondered the same

Leo Walker

Visit site
those slating them are also nearly all new members with hardly any posts? Surely the same questions should be asked of those slating them. I have followed them for well over a year and have seen and heard from genuine people that the horses they've ended up with have been as described. I don't have any personal dealings with them but I do have friends that have and have been very happy with what they've ended up with.

They block anyone who doesnt leave positive feedback. Would you like a list? It was over 20 people before I realised it was pointless and stopped doing it.

The same horses go round and round and round. They are quite often lame in her sales videos as well, but i'm sure you've noticed that :)

sprytzer

Visit site
NikDon....not Jan in disguise by any chance...you know, the one who purchased 2 of SP private ponies ��...honestly, you think 1 good review out of these pages is going to stand out!
Sorry but that woman has caused more heartache than anyone possibly could.
If all her 'hun's' took a step back and researched then maybe they would see it for what it is!
So many sucking up to her " ooh my next horse will come from you, your horses are real quality" ...they've never purchased or been to her yard either yet all think the sun shines out of her arris!!

DollyPentreath

Visit site
those slating them are also nearly all new members with hardly any posts? Surely the same questions should be asked of those slating them. I have followed them for well over a year and have seen and heard from genuine people that the horses they've ended up with have been as described. I don't have any personal dealings with them but I do have friends that have and have been very happy with what they've ended up with.

Er, I'm definitely not new.

The horses are lame in the sale ads and a good proportion of them have been put down post purchase. I don't need to deal with the them to see obvious lameness...

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I'm glad that all the new poster has achieved is bumping this thread up.

I've seen Sammarie spouting on Facebook. Just out of interest, she says she's contacted horse and hound and is going ahead with legal action for slander, is that something that's actually possible to do? Surely you can't prosecute a forum for the posts made by individuals? I'd be interested to hear from a legal bod if this is actually a thing that can be done as I don't know enough about the legalities to be sure myself.

Well I'm not a legal bod really but.....no she can't sue for slander as all remarks are written, so it would be libel. The shortest of meetings with a lawyer would have informed her of this, so I guess she either hasn't consulted a lawyer or is too intellectually challenged to understand what they're saying.

Secondly, it is only libel if it is untrue.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I really cannot understand how this 'is Meadowstables bad or good' thing is still going on. She sells a lot of horses, of course there are going to be a few that are as described..

However, there is hard evidence that she has lied about many things, proven incorrect passports by microchip later tested at the vets.

She says that she did not sell a horse when it is there in black and white, her establishment written in the passports that do arrive with the horses.

There is more than one owner, who has the original advert and photos from Meadowstables, who has evidence from blood tests of drugged horses. There are also several more who have has horses PTS after vets visits and vet statement re: cause being pre-existing conditions.

They are just the pieces of evidence that would stand up in court ...

Lets not forget statements about the horses from previous owners, proving wrong descriptions and fake ages etc, all of the horses that have been bought and turned out not to be as described when they do have the original adverts from Meadowstables, the evident lameness in the videos, the false chronology of the stories and excuses that Sam does come out with. The very few good reviews generally being from people (eg. Jan) who have bought from Jay's private driving stock, who arguably are good examples (despite questionable 'training' methods). I need not go on.

She's fighting a loosing battle with this 'I am genuine' thing, there is too much evidence to the contrary. And it's unfortunate that she does not posses the intelligence to not only let sleeping dogs lie where this thread is concerned, as it does inevitably get buried under new posts, but with the ill-though out lies she has to come back to genuine stories when she does invite people to share in some other 'PR stunt' that she hasn't thought through in an attempt to scrape what she has left of a doomed business. You can't argue with documented, hard evidence of wrong doing.

If Elite Equines (run by her partner Jay) is anything to go by, you can only get by on lies for so long. And for the sake of the horses I hope she goes down the pan sooner rather than later.

Jach

Visit site
I really cannot understand how this 'is Meadowstables bad or good' thing is still going on. She sells a lot of horses, of course there are going to be a few that are as described..

However, there is hard evidence that she has lied about many things, proven incorrect passports by microchip later tested at the vets.

She says that she did not sell a horse when it is there in black and white, her establishment written in the passports that do arrive with the horses.

There is more than one owner, who has the original advert and photos from Meadowstables, who has evidence from blood tests of drugged horses. There are also several more who have has horses PTS after vets visits and vet statement re: cause being pre-existing conditions.

They are just the pieces of evidence that would stand up in court ...

Lets not forget statements about the horses from previous owners, proving wrong descriptions and fake ages etc, all of the horses that have been bought and turned out not to be as described when they do have the original adverts from Meadowstables, the evident lameness in the videos, the false chronology of the stories and excuses that Sam does come out with. The very few good reviews generally being from people (eg. Jan) who have bought from Jay's private driving stock, who arguably are good examples (despite questionable 'training' methods). I need not go on.

She's fighting a loosing battle with this 'I am genuine' thing, there is too much evidence to the contrary. And it's unfortunate that she does not posses the intelligence to not only let sleeping dogs lie where this thread is concerned, as it does inevitably get buried under new posts, but with the ill-though out lies she has to come back to genuine stories when she does invite people to share in some other 'PR stunt' that she hasn't thought through in an attempt to scrape what she has left of a doomed business. You can't argue with documented, hard evidence of wrong doing.

If Elite Equines (run by her partner Jay) is anything to go by, you can only get by on lies for so long. And for the sake of the horses I hope she goes down the pan sooner rather than later.

Excellent post! Very well put! Why does Sammarie not comment herself on here , instead of begging the desperate to please 'huns' to leave positive remarks? Literally begging for good reviews simply demonstrates their current desperation and lack of professionalism. Thank you for whichever 'hun' helped promote this thread back to the top! You have done the 'haters', the thousands of 'jealous ' people, the 'doll dossers' ( Sammaries pet name for us) a huge favour and I thank you on behalf of all wronged buyers from Meadow Stables. ��

Last edited:

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have to admit that the begging on the Facebook page was hilarious. $h!te is still $h!te no matter how much perfume you spray on it. The amount of people they have fleeced money from is terrible and the damage done to the horses and the new owners is worse, how they sleep at night I don't know.

DappleDown

Visit site
I have to admit that the begging on the Facebook page was hilarious. $h!te is still $h!te no matter how much perfume you spray on it. The amount of people they have fleeced money from is terrible and the damage done to the horses and the new owners is worse, how they sleep at night I don't know.

Haven't seen that. Link to the page if poss please.

Nasicus

Visit site
You know what they say, if you meet an ar**hole, you met an ar**hole. If you meet ar**holes all day long, you're probably the ar**hole.

I'm sure that can be adapted to suit ;)

xDundryx

Visit site
just a warning that John Archer (Elite Equine) has reincarnated himself once again as 'Essex Horses and Hunt Hirelings' on FB!!!!!!

ThreeWBs

Visit site
Sammarie is at it again.. Recently posted a 17hh (actually 17.2) 14yo gelding. Severely lame through the hind end in canter, but she put it down to his 'excellent movement'. Looks sacro/psd to me.

ThreeWBs

Visit site
[video=youtube_share;PzRM4W2EYJc]https://youtu.be/PzRM4W2EYJc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;sqI-yX_BY3g]https://youtu.be/sqI-yX_BY3g[/video]

drachello

New User
Visit site
I bought a horse of them was told I can return her within14 days, paid a lot of money, she faild the vetting big time, lame on both hind legs and dropped pedal bones i the front legs and so on, of course they won’t take her back as promised, she is only 8 years old, heart broken

skint1

Visit site
Didn’t you do your homework? Why would you still pay for a horse after it had failed its vetting?

i think the idea is you buy them unseen, they arrive and you vet them and then in theory return them when they tank it... in theory (this is what I have gathered on the dodgy dealer FB groups)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Didn’t you do your homework? Why would you still pay for a horse after it had failed its vetting?
I think this is a bit harsh, sounds like a teacher at school. Their adverts can come across quite normally.

OP, I feel it is unfortunate, and I doubt you will get anywhere even if you take legal action. I hope you didn't pay too much.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I bought a horse of them was told I can return her within14 days, paid a lot of money, she faild the vetting big time, lame on both hind legs and dropped pedal bones i the front legs and so on, of course they won’t take her back as promised, she is only 8 years old, heart broken

Well, as you now know it was a silly thing to do - and I have to say that whenever I read their ads, I think they sound terribly dodgy BUT you do have the protection of the Sale of Goods Act. Contact Trading Standards, asap.

coblets

Visit site
When I'm looking at horses for sale, the minute I see that photo filter on an ad (you know the one), I click out asap. But they do change their name a lot, and I think people are naturally inclined to want to trust the 'professionals' to help reduce the hassle of buying a horse, hence them staying in business.

mini_b

Visit site
When I'm looking at horses for sale, the minute I see that photo filter on an ad (you know the one), I click out asap. But they do change their name a lot, and I think people are naturally inclined to want to trust the 'professionals' to help reduce the hassle of buying a horse, hence them staying in business.

and the one of them stood in the saddle holding an umbrella?

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Sammarie Phebb is one of the biggest crooks in the business. Seriously don't go there . And join the dodgy dealer groups on Facebook.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Well, as you now know it was a silly thing to do - and I have to say that whenever I read their ads, I think they sound terribly dodgy BUT you do have the protection of the Sale of Goods Act. Contact Trading Standards, asap.

She ignores that, claims no assets, doesn’t go to court, ignores the CCJs etc once she has your money that’s it kiss it goodbye.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Bit harsh! Takes 5 mins to type in Meadow Stables and Sammi Pheb and read the results, if you buy unseen after that…….

Not everyone is on Facebook....

I actually rang her up after looking at a very plausible advert. She came across very well on the phone. The horse looked fine.

I did look her up on FB, and subsequently cancelled the appointment, and I dare say that, from what people have said about the yard, I would have turned tail and run once I got there. But, if I hadn't got facebook, I wouldn't have known until then.

In the interests of research, I did google the phrase you suggested. This was the 2nd result...

https://www.meadowstables.co.uk/reviews

I'm not saying that the information isn't out there, just that being so harsh after someone already made the mistake isn't polite, necessary or helpful.