Dolly leaves this weekend.

FionaM12

Visit site
Well apparently it is Fiona - it's a 'lifechanging' experience which clearly, going by many posters here think is going to traumatise TB for life at the parting of Dolly.

Yes, of course everyone takes things differently, but that does not for one minute mean we should blow things well out of proportion. People (including my OH) have lost children for goodness sake. That is lifechanging. He was only 21.

She might be devastated by parting (although I suspect she's quite a sensible lass and will cope fine) but my point is, saying the rest of us need this thread to "say goodbye in our own way" is just a tad ridiculous.

Venevidivici

Visit site
^^What Bertolie said on p2.
Well done you (&Tessy;)) - your job is now done and you should be proud,especially given your age:)
Good luck with everything you are doing & to Dolly in her new home:)

snooples

Visit site
I had a BOGOF foal before, mother was riden with foal at foot and foal weaned around 4 months. And shock horror neither foal nor mare suffered any ill effects.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Purple18 you are making this way to personal .
I have no view or feelings on this foal going to its new home other than hoping in an anstract way that it all goes well as I would for any horse .

justabob

Visit site
Quite ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! Abbie is 17 yrs old and is showing it. From being the darling of the forum to quite frankly the spoilt over indulged child. I dont think in ANY posts here she has been in anyway berated in her decision. The thread moved on without her.

Moomin1

Visit site
She might be devastated by parting (although I suspect she's quite a sensible lass and will cope fine) but my point is, saying the rest of us need this thread to "say goodbye in our own way" is just a tad ridiculous.

I fully agree Fiona - my point being that other posters on here are creating this hype like it's some sort of human death that has taken place. It's ridiculous. Next thing there will be a candlelit vigil.

Moomin1

Visit site
Quite ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! Abbie is 17 yrs old and is showing it. From being the darling of the forum to quite frankly the spoilt over indulged child. I dont think in ANY posts here she has been in anyway berated in her decision. The thread moved on without her.

Garrrgghhh, sorry, I can't hold it in any longer. I agree, I have noticed that TB does appear to be a bit 'over indulged' in the HHO 'fame in her past few threads. It (as I said before in another thread) is not becoming (spoken in true period drama voice) of her, given that she was such a nice girl in her other threads.

It's never good to give teenagers too much attention!! ;-) :-D

TheTrotter.

Visit site
I have to say I don't think it's right to repost something from Abbie's Facebook page. If she's decided to not post here that should surely be respected, and people shouldn't cut and paste her words for Facebook to here?

Not good IMO, TheTrotter.

I just posted it to prove a point, its not from her personal facebook, its from the 'dolly mixture' one. With over 250people liking that page I think the majority of posters on here would have seen that.

Last edited:

FionaM12

Visit site
what is with everyone tonight I put that as I couldn't think of any other way to word it.
if you'd prefer so that people can wish dolly good luck in her new home ?

I very nearly given up as your all just getting rather lost in the moment..

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. :confused3:

However, the fact is that no-one can dictate what a thread is about or what its purpose is. the original poster might express a wish for it to be so, but the thread then goes its own way. :)

This forum is full of threads which start off as about one thing and somehow become something else altogether. That's quite normal. If it causes someone distress, or amounts to bullying, there is an option to ask admin to lock it. They will only do that if they agree. :)

For the record, although I was amazed to find this debate was still banging on, I don't think anyone's been nasty to Tessybear here. :)

You are of course contributing to the thread continuing to go astray with your own posts Purple18 :)

Capriole

Visit site
DramaLlama.jpg

Moomin1

Visit site
this thread has gone to far now

I'm sorry, but if you had seen some of the horrors I have seen today then you would not be barfing on about a silly thread which may offend a 17 year old girl who is about to rehome a foal.

Get real.

Apologise for the outburst.

Penks

Visit site
**drives tanker full of Evening Primrose oil into thread, sprays everyone, drives out again**

Just burst out laughing and nearly dropped my laptop!

It's getting worse we seem to have merged with mums net.

:D

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about Abbie's journey, from the surprise shock and not entirely welcome at first discovery that Tessybear was in foal and delivery was possibly imminent (I remember logging on every morning on foalwatch!)to her coming round the idea and falling in love (and me too!) with new arrival Dolly.

Abbie has allowed us to share in her ups and downs of a life changing experience (for those who say it isn't - well, maybe it wouldn't be for you but I certainly felt the magic of the journey conveyed through the written word/pics/videos)

The discussion has actually been quite informative at times (downright silly at other times).
I'm not qualified to comment on the appropriate age of weaning, I do feel that however that Abbie's love for Dolly has been quite evident and wouldn't knowingly put her at risk.

Moomin1

Visit site
Just burst out laughing and nearly dropped my laptop!

:D

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about Abbie's journey, from the surprise shock and not entirely welcome at first discovery that Tessybear was in foal and delivery was possibly imminent (I remember logging on every morning on foalwatch!)to her coming round the idea and falling in love (and me too!) with new arrival Dolly.

Abbie has allowed us to share in her ups and downs of a life changing experience (for those who say it isn't - well, maybe it wouldn't be for you but I certainly felt the magic of the journey conveyed through the written word/pics/videos)

The discussion has actually been quite informative at times (downright silly at other times).
I'm not qualified to comment on the appropriate age of weaning, I do feel that however that Abbie's love for Dolly has been quite evident and wouldn't knowingly put her at risk.

That's lovely. :)

Nobody has said she has put Dolly at risk though.

It's clearly been a 'life changing' experience for you though. Could you explain how? How is your life going to remain different forever because of the birth of Dolly the foal?!

Arizahn

Visit site
My Mumsnet addiction has been triggered by this thread. Is that life changing enough for you? I shall have to go back to rehab...

<twitch>

TheTrotter.

Visit site

It's clearly been a 'life changing' experience for you though. Could you explain how? How is your life going to remain different forever because of the birth of Dolly the foal?!

I don't think she meant a life changing experiance to her, I think she meant (Think...) that she felt how it could be a life changing experiance for TB.

Anyway, why does anybody have to answer to you? For all you know to somepeople a life changing experiance is getting a goldfish, afterall its an animal that is entirely dependant on you.
Abbie's experiance with Tessy and the foal could be life changing in the fact that; She may become interested in working with foals/breeding as a career, she now has experiance in foaling and managing the in-foal mare and foal after the birth, she has dealt with the sale of an animal which she has brought into the world, and I feel that that initself could be lifechanging.

A life changing experiance does not have to be the death of a family member/friend, or a illness. It can be a small thing which can possibly effect your future in a larger scale.

mandwhy

Visit site
Good luck to Dolly I will be following on FB to see what she turns out like :)

Have read a bit of this, I think the birth of a foal is a pretty big life event personally, especially due to the surprise nature of it. I think weaning etc should be done on an individual basis and have read people's views with interest, having no experience myself.

justabob

Visit site

She has has vicarious pleasure Moomin, wish I was so easily pleased. FGS.

Moomin1

Visit site
I don't think she meant a life changing experiance to her, I think she meant (Think...) that she felt how it could be a life changing experiance for TB.

Anyway, why does anybody have to answer to you? For all you know to somepeople a life changing experiance is getting a goldfish, afterall its an animal that is entirely dependant on you.
Abbie's experiance with Tessy and the foal could be life changing in the fact that; She may become interested in working with foals/breeding as a career, she now has experiance in foaling and managing the in-foal mare and foal after the birth, she has dealt with the sale of an animal which she has brought into the world, and I feel that that initself could be lifechanging.

A life changing experiance does not have to be the death of a family member/friend, or a illness. It can be a small thing which can possibly effect your future in a larger scale.

You are spot on correct. In which case, the varying opinions on this thread would be invaluable to her gaining knowledge about the subject.

Moomin1

Visit site
Good luck to Dolly I will be following on FB to see what she turns out like :)

Have read a bit of this, I think the birth of a foal is a pretty big life event personally, especially due to the surprise nature of it. I think weaning etc should be done on an individual basis and have read people's views with interest, having no experience myself.

That's a little bit more of a balanced answer. Life changing, as opposed to big life event. Maybe the wording is the key! :)

Penks

Visit site

It has been implied regularly throughout the thread that she has put Dolly at risk with her decision to wean when she has.

My life will remain different forever because of the birth of Dolly the foal as it has reminded me not to engage with passive aggressive forum trolls :)

Arizahn

Visit site
It has been implied regularly throughout the thread that she has put Dolly at risk with her decision to wean when she has.

My life will remain different forever because of the birth of Dolly the foal as it has reminded me not to engage with passive aggressive forum trolls :)

That last bit would be awesome on a t-shirt...

Moomin1

Visit site

I haven't seen that. I have seen people ask WHY it was such a rush.