Dolly leaves this weekend.

Arizahn

Visit site
I've never been on Mumsnet but see recent references to it on HHO. Is it not safe to venture onto them? :confused3:

I browsed it after reading about it on here.

Six months later, I managed to go cold turkey.

Six. Months.

It's addictive.

<denies having a problem>

FionaM12

Visit site
I browsed it after reading about it on here.

Six months later, I managed to go cold turkey.

Six. Months.

It's addictive.

<denies having a problem>

Hmmm. You see, coming here was attractive as talking about horses with horsey types interests me, but talking about being a mum with Mumsy types never has. :tongue3:

Or have I got it all wrong?

Capriole

Visit site
Hmmm. You see, coming here was attractive as talking about horses with horsey types interests me, but talking about being a mum with Mumsy types never has. :tongue3:

Or have I got it all wrong?

All wrong. The sheer crazy of it all is mesmerising. Don't go and look, it's a mistake :p

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have no kids so I think it would make me a troll if I went on Mumsnet .
My SIL does and wow people think TB has had a hard time on this thread , Mumsnet it's full on they don't hang back on there.

Arizahn

Visit site
I have no kids so I think it would make me a troll if I went on Mumsnet .
My SIL does and wow people think TB has had a hard time on this thread , Mumsnet it's full on they don't hang back on there.

No spawn here either, although technically trying, so apparently I qualify...

Indeed, AIBU can be scary.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Well who'd have thought that lying by a pool in Niagara Falls could be so entertaining! The past half hour catching up on this thread has given me a great chuckle :smile3: trust good old mumsnet to bring everyone back down to HHO earth with a bump :smile3:

Capriole

Visit site
Which ones?

AIBU - am I being unreasonable? (Usually, yes! :D)

YABU - you are being unreasonable
YANBU - you are not being unreasonable.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I have to say I don't think it's right to repost something from Abbie's Facebook page. If she's decided to not post here that should surely be respected, and people shouldn't cut and paste her words for Facebook to here?

Not good IMO, TheTrotter.

I agree, Putting things from facebook is not on.
Think this is all getting a bit silly now.
Fact is dolly has been weaned now, I Think it was way too young, as do some others, I cant see that weaning at under 4 months is good for mare or foal, However it has happened now and hopefully all will be well.
I have not breed a foal but have had a weanling, he was weaned at 5 months which was imo too young. I had no say in this it was already done by the stud. The journey to me really took it out of him. He is fine now however.

I dont think anyone has been horrible to Abi at all, All people have done is question if weaning at this age is ok.
I do wonder how Abi got Dollys age to 5 months, when she is just over 4 and weaned at probably 3 months and 3 weeks at the most.

Whats done is done and I hope Dolly gets to her new home safe and sound.

Shes a big girl and just wonder what her sire was as that would have a impact on her size now

I just find it strange that some people are taking this as a personal attack on the op, when its nothing of the sort.

LeannePip

Visit site
Gosh that was an interesting read!

Neither have I?!

i went on once after a thread was linked from here - then spent the next couple of hours reading a thread alsmot as long as this about the number of times, and in quite graphic detail, how mothers/daughters/babys/grandmothers ect had either had TOTM problems/Wet them selves or 'number 2'ed' themselves in public. i almost had to join to explain how i had spent half of a rather long coach journey squirming around in my seat trying not to acctually wet myself whist reading! if anyone can still find that thread could they link please! i'd like to book mark it for a rainy day! :L

FionaM12

Visit site
I notice on Facebook that Dolly has now moved to her new home. There are some lovely photos of her looking incredibly chilled after her 3 hour journey, ears picked looking round and generally looking very healthy and happy. :)

All the best to HHO's most famous BOGOF foal and her new owner, and also of course to Tess and Abbie who no doubt feels quite bereft tonight. :(

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I notice on Facebook that Dolly has now moved to her new home. There are some lovely photos of her looking incredibly chilled after her 3 hour journey, ears picked looking round and generally looking very healthy and happy. :)

All the best to HHO's most famous BOGOF foal and her new owner, and also of course to Tess and Abbie who no doubt feels quite bereft tonight. :(

Yes didn't she look wonderfully relaxed and happy, and HUGE! Looked a beautiful yard too.

Fides

Visit site
Not sure how I stumbled on this thread... FWIW my Welsh boy was weaned by his mother at barely past 4 months. They lived together for another 3 months (I backed her when he was 4 months old for the breeder) but though he tried, she never let him suckle. She wasn't a novice mum either - he was her 3rd foal. He was a big foal and mum obviously thought he was ready. When they were separated it was a very calm affair with neither mum nor foal distraught.