Dolly leaves this weekend.

justabob

Visit site
*whispers* she's four months. Which is young for weaning I guess and why some have suggested as much.
Ooops, I thought 5 months. Yep 4 months too young. Having said that we had foals in april and sold in october............yep that made the 6 months.

justabob

Visit site
I liked BB. I thought she was a kindly but firm speaker, and kind of old Labour. As am I (old Labour, not a H of C speaker ;) ). However of course I didn't know her, so am only going on public image. :)

Lol! I did not know her either, but I am not old nor new labour. Having said that the present speaker does nothing for me either. But we digress...............

FionaM12

Visit site
Lol! I did not know her either, but I am not old nor new labour. Having said that the present speaker does nothing for me either. But we digress...............

Digressing in a HHO thread? :eek3: What is the world coming to?

Anyway, who do you think you are, the forum police?

This is going round in circles..... ;)

justabob

Visit site
Cheers, just keep on digging.

I don't know Billie, I only read the last page or two. It is not the end of the world really. Chunky coloured cob will survive I am sure even at 4 months old. Lets look at the main breeders of such horses and I am sure that they are not cosseted one bit, they all seem to survive and end up at auctions having been ripped of their mothers at a far younger age. At least, this one might have a better future.

Mongoose11

Visit site
I don't know Billie, I only read the last page or two. It is not the end of the world really. Chunky coloured cob will survive I am sure even at 4 months old. Lets look at the main breeders of such horses and I am sure that they are not cosseted one bit, they all seem to survive and end up at auctions having been ripped of their mothers at a far younger age. At least, this one might have a better future.

Duplicated.

justabob

Visit site
Ach no, you misunderstand me. FionaM12 likes to peddle herself as the nicest person on the forum and yet she is taking digs at my comments even after I have tried to retract them and suggest that I was using gentle humour.

I'm out of sorts. Now, what do I need to do to get myself banned....?
Noooooooooooo! Please do NOT get banned Billie, FGS.

FionaM12

Visit site
There are so many horses, ponies and foals whose welfare there's reason to worry about. I can't see that Dolly is one of them. :)

A decision was made with support from the vet and local stud who were advising. I for one am happy to respect that decision, and as she's already weaned now, it's immaterial anyway.

I'll be following her progress on Facebook and hope her new owner carries on the updates where Abbie left off.

FionaM12

Visit site
FionaM12 likes to peddle herself as the nicest person on the forum and yet she is taking digs at my comments even after I have tried to retract them and suggest that I was using gentle humour.

I do? :confused3: first I've heard! :D

You misunderstand me, none of my jokey comments about BB, Labour or the police were aimed at anyone. I didn't even remember who'd started the police and BB jokes. You weren't in my thoughts at all Billie, believe it or not. ;) It was humour, I'm not sure why you took it personally and felt the need to make personal remarks.

You must indeed be out of sorts. ;)

Last edited:

Arizahn

Visit site
Mine was taken to the sales at four months but the lady I bought him from paid his breeder to take him home again and run him on with his dam until he was six months. I thought that was nice of her :)

doriangrey

Visit site
Yes warmblood foals are big foals. Their legs are almost as long as their mothers so of course they have to crouch to get into the milk bar.

I replied earlier. I have a lot of respect for you SF as you obviously have tons of experience. For some reason I thought you bred QH's. Doesn't matter in any case, my experience has only been with smaller foals :)

Moomin1

Visit site
Well I actually think FionaM12 IS one of the nicest posters on here, so there! I also think Billie is nice too.

Unlike me. MWHAHAHAAHAHAAAA.

I prefer red wine to all of you. ;-)

FionaM12

Visit site
BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO NICE TO BE ALLOWED TO USE CAPITALS? THE COMPUTER DETECTED YOUR NICENESS AND REJECTED YOUR ATTEMPT TO BE SHOUTY? ;)

Note it did not reject mine!

Well I actually think FionaM12 IS one of the nicest posters on here, so there! I also think Billie is nice too.

Unlike me. MWHAHAHAAHAHAAAA.

I prefer red wine to all of you. ;-)

Cos you are Police.......................sorry Billie. I think the world of you too.

Group hug? With red wine and gin?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Being 21 with no political knowledge or care and not being a horse breeder the most i can bring to this thread is....

Whoop whoop its the sound of the police!

Gosh, how I love that song. I wish my car had been pimped and that it went up and down while I wait at lights. Sadly, it does not. *Sad face* :frown3:

I drove past a field where some cob mares were dumped some time ago. They were heavily in foal and then-inevitably :rolleyes3:-foaled. Cute little foals. I passed today: the field is pure ragwort :frown3:

The vet has ok'd Dolly going + the OP has left the building + the buyer appears to know what she's doing = ?

OMG, has Billie been banned?! NOT HAPPY. :frown3: