Eek, I’m OMG and excited!!

ihatework

Visit site
I was holding off on details until vetting done and money paid. Didn’t want to jinx anything!!

Now that’s complete - both yearlings

Millie - TB x KWPN out of a 4* Dam

AC4B54E3-71D8-488A-96AF-72B2471803A1.jpeg

And Turnip (.... it’s still growing on me!!) who is LePrince des Bois x Ramiro B.

4980BF14-0A2B-4905-B034-400633506D7F.jpeg

I’m picking them up (from opposite directions if the country!!) on Saturday so will hopefully get some photos of them together then.

Millie is definitely in fugly yearling stage when seen side on! Turnip is doing well on not being in fugly stage at moment

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
what a lovely pair! I like the name Turnip too, I would definitely keep that.

Congratulations!

Nicnac

Visit site
Lovely girls! Turnip is a great name - I know a Parsnip and he's lovely. Also Prince des Bois is an all time favourite of mine. Exciting times :)

ihatework

Visit site
Lovely youngsters, and even I have heard of Ramiro B and Leprince des bois :D.

The former owner of the mare in my avatar looks after Leprince. She clearly adores him, he is a big favourite with a fabulous temperament.

She must be local to me then because he stands 5 mins up the road from me.

It’ll be interesting to see how his offspring turn out. He was quite clearly an amazing athlete himself. You don’t complete that many 5*’s and still stay sound enough (and well behaved enough) to go win a junior title. Incredible. ? he passes it down to offspring, but then that’s not a given yet! Anyway, I couldn’t turn her down and Turnip is much better than a bathroom ?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ooo, I love Millie

And Turnip ?, well I mean how could you not buy her with a name like that. Please say that is also her registered name...? ?

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Oh they are absolutely gorgeous!

I love Turnip, bless her that is the most ridiculous and fabulous name ? Especially for such a classy girl.

Millie is gorgeous too. She has such a lovely, engaged expression.

Looking forward to hearing how they settle in and what they think of each other.

lannerch

Visit site
Wow Ihw love them both , how exciting can’t wait to follow them growing . If turnip was a cheeky offer he looks a real bargain Congratulations For both , both look very handy .

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
Found Turnip's video .. lovely movement, beautiful metallic coat, and where does she get that Araby flagging tail from?

ihatework

Visit site
She is just normal bay and the tail is not unusual if you drag them away from their mates and chase them around a bit!

She is a really sweet filly, the breeder has a few nice ones though most sell before they get under saddle

ycbm

Visit site
She is just normal bay and the tail is not unusual if you drag them away from their mates and chase them around a bit!

She is a really sweet filly, the breeder has a few nice ones though most sell before they get under saddle

Just the long wait until they can be backed now, but what a pair to look forward to. No wonder you're excited :)

Lois Lame

Visit site
I’ve just had the most surreal shopping experience of my life!!

Been looking for a young event filly and had a couple of weeks off work touring the countryside.

Well I met some lovely like minded people and saw some beautiful youngstock.

The last one I saw ticked every single box, she is a beautiful blood filly out of a really successful event dam, and it looks like she is mine ???

But there was one other that played on my mind. Lovely filly, like the bloodlines but the dam was unproven. I put in a cheeky offer which has been accepted so it now looks as though I have 2 mouths to feed and 8 legs to keep sound.

I’ve also had to forfeit my new bathroom ???

I can’t wait for the girls to arrive chez IHW soon!

Who wants a new bathroom anyway?:D
Doh! WandaMare beat me to it.