Enable!

tristar

Visit site
I've just had the chance to watch the race and what a little fighter that mare is! She gave everything she had and then some to get her head back in front!

As to going to Sea The Stars - she can't she is too closely related. Her paternal grandsire is Galileo who is a damside half brother to Sea The Stars - both out of Urban Sea.

I don't mind pacemakers being used but when it looks as though they were deliberately trying to stop another horse when they had nothing to gain from it doesn't look good.

A lot of Coolmore colts get sold to South Africa, India, Singapore etc to stand at stud.

well i would consider sea the stars on the basis he is the best physical match for her, and on performance.

Orangehorse

Visit site
I am so glad I took the time to watch the race. Everyone loves a champion to win but it is nerve wrecking before the race. What a beauty she is and before the race she looked so "professional" - I know why I am here and this is what I have to do. Frankie was cool and rode her so well.

The greatest race? I can't forget Grundy and Bustino, but nearly as good!

Clodagh

Visit site
Has anyone seen the video of John Godsden watcihng the finish? He looksl ike he is waiting for his coffee order to be processed at Costa!:D

KautoStar1

Visit site
if you watch the reply from the centre of the course view (i think its on ATR), you will see, as Crystal Ocean heads her in the final furlong, she tilts her head to glance at him, ears back, as if to say not today lad, before she sticks her head out. Thats very alpha female behaviour. I imagine she was the boldest of foals and will be the leader of her brood mare group when the time comes. John Gosden is always saying how she tells them how she is feeling and what she wants to do.

molar roller

Visit site
Sadly TB breeders are inbreeding as all they want is a good price for the offspring who's parentage is important to the buyer. Huge prices are paid in the hope it is going to be a top class winner. Northern Dancer was the sire of Sadler's Wells, Danzig, Nijinsky to name 3 off the top of my head.

Sad but absolutely true!

I always check fasig-tipton, keeneland, arqana, tattersalls broodmare sales. When I see that online auction cataloge is ready I start to check all of papers. That takes my weeks. Sometimes I go to auctions.

Trends for last five years;

typical north american pedigrees : IP indy line (tapit, pulpit) + fappiano line (generally ''unbridled'' and sons)+ storm cat line (tale of the cat, bluegrass cat, catrail, hennesy, harlan etc) + danzig line +blushing groom

for ex. : https://www.pedigreequery.com/signalman6
https://www.pedigreequery.com/hard+not+to+like

typical uk/ire breed : sadlers wells / danehill / roberto / nijinsky but especially ''sadlers wells / danehill'' is so popular as a nick.

and alot of breeders in UK and IRE try to ''3*3 Sadlers Wells inbreeding'' novadays. Even 3*2 !!! Probably %40 of horses do not have any racing career because of soundness problems but when one of them become a big champion buyers and breeders think that ''yes! we find a great inbreeding!'' In fact Enable and others are a drop in the ocean. but the end of the day buyers feel a big desire to buy foals having this inbreeding.

Another problem is Sadlers Wells line (especially as a stallion line, not broodmare sire line) doesn't work for the rest of the world. It seems British and Irish hill up/hill down natural racecourses and soft surfaces are in his favor. If his inbreeding keeps dominate UK and IRE generations I guess that 20 years later British and Irish breeders won't see too many foreign buyers in Goffs and Tattersalls. Maybe a few buyers from Normandy...
IMO French and AU breeders / buyers are kind and wise. They use various boodlines, so 20 years later they can have a better genaration. Rich buyers always interested in magical inbreedings but race history shows that a lot champions and legendary broodmares are result of ''outcrossing''

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
we had a power cut!!!!! luckily it was back on just in time to watch on +1, she was amazing again,,,,,would be great if she wins the arc. i assume that will be her last race as she is not racing here any more....frankie was more emotional than i have ever seen him..

Chiffy

Visit site
I had it recorded luckily to watch yesterday evening. Trouble is you have to avoid facebook etc until you have watched!
I have really enjoyed watching her this summer, I only watch a little flat racing as I prefer NH.

Clodagh

Visit site
I had it recorded luckily to watch yesterday evening. Trouble is you have to avoid facebook etc until you have watched!
I have really enjoyed watching her this summer, I only watch a little flat racing as I prefer NH.

Same, but today we have Stradivarius to look forward too. And Battaash. I must admit on the whole I prefer sprints to flat races over a mile, running over a mile is unecessary without any jumps!

Clodagh

Visit site
So nervous! Can she do it? I don't actually enjoy watching these top horses racing, I've no idea how John Gosden always looks so self possessed.
I do hope she can. Mainly though let her come home safe and sound.

Chiffy

Visit site
I am not sure if I shall watch live. To watch later means what is done is done! I agree with what you say about John Gosden but can’t be a trainer without having lived through highs and lows.
Brave of them for going for a third try.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Will she definitely retire if she wins?

I have a nasty feeling something is going to happen to her as they are doing so many features on her feels a bit like that one they followed before the grand National that year Pete something

Hopefully im wrong and she goes off for a safe retirement I'm always happy when I hear they've retired safely

bonny

Visit site
Go, Enable ! The trainer might not be showing the strain but the jockey is ....weird to see Frankie so stressed. I really hope they can do it but it’s a huge ask ....

Visit site
She has gone through soft ground before. Not quite French mud but still!

Im not sure if she goes for one more Breeders Cup or not but either which way she won't be seem racing on hime soil or European soil again after today.

I do hope she can claim the crown again. It has been nice having a flat horse to follow for more than 2 seasons! You see the jumpers come back year after year but the flat jobs are flash in the pans and off to stud!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
What a beautiful mare, will she visit Frankel I wonder ? It was also nice to see her not get a battering in the finish. Frankie knows her so well. I love racing but hate seeing a beaten horse having the whip used on it.

Clodagh

Visit site
I hope they retire her. I thought she looked as though she wasn't loving the ground.
I think her owner is Qipco though? (Sorry if wrong, I know nothing of flat racing) and if so he may want her to run again. Only two weeks though, and that must have taken it out of her.

bonny

Visit site
I hope they retire her. I thought she looked as though she wasn't loving the ground.
I think her owner is Qipco though? (Sorry if wrong, I know nothing of flat racing) and if so he may want her to run again. Only two weeks though, and that must have taken it out of her.
If she runs again then every chance it will be in America so she’ll have more than 2 weeks off, I think there is every chance she will go, don’t see why not anyway ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site

I'd like to see her retired too would hate for something to happen to her I know it can being a brood mare too but dont want her to end up having a nasty end on the track