Enable!

Clodagh

Visit site
Loved the look JG gave Matt Chapman when he suggested that enable should have taken on Ghaiyyath from the beginning. If enable was trained by Aiden o Brian do we think a horse would have been put in to try and take Ghaiyyath out early? Also do we think enables best days are behind her? She still battles but is there still that turn of speed?

I can't see her winning it again, but I can't tell you how much I would like her to!

Visit site
I can't see her winning it again, but I can't tell you how much I would like her to!

Same! There's a few nice horses to take her on with this year. I know Magical hasn't been at her best in the Arc in her previous 2 cracks at it but she is improving with age. She may finally get her revenge on Enable.

I would love to see Enable win but we shall have to wait until October for that!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Call me sentimental but I'd retire her after that, I don't think she wins 3 Arcs let her bow out having just made history then parade her when the crowds are back so she can get a send off.
It would just be a horrible end if something happened to her

Were the criteria really strict to enter? You think someone would have put the odd middling horse in there, even if you couldn't beat her you could pick off the likes of Sovereign and get some decent i presume place money?

Clodagh

Visit site
I want her to run in the Arc. I almost believe she can win it now.

I agree with you that surely someone would have wanted the fourth place prize money.

teapot

Visit site
There were four but one was pulled due to bloods. It's one of the longest Group 1 flat races in the UK distance wise, used as an Arc tester as it were, and 2020's been a weird year. Let alone ground/weather considerations.

{97702}

Visit site
Nope I'd agree with CCL, she needs to go out on a massive high - far too many variables to try her for another Arc, much as I would love her to win I'm not sure it could be guaranteed. She is 6 now. for a flat racer that is amazing - she is such a gutsy mare, Frankie knows her so well, and John Gosden clearly also knows her inside out - why take the risk?

Clodagh

Visit site
Obviously it's hard to tell how good a win in was with such a small field but the fact that she won in a faster time than her last 2 victories in the race has me being cautiously optimistic for longchamps.

She looked really tight and fit, didn't she? And well up for it. I love how Frankie rides her, he knows she wants to win as much as he does and there's no need to bully.

Visit site
I would LOVE to see her go for another Arc. I really would! But Serpentine could maybe be the ace up O'Briens sleeve. I know the Derby was an utterly bizarre race but the horse won well and in a good time. I think if he got away with doing to same again he may not be caught in the Arc. Though the Arc is more of the mares domain these days, more female winners recently than male.

What Enable did today was fantastic! I do applaud the owners for keeping her in as a 6yo. Many don't make it to 5yo on the track before being punted off to the breeding shed. So many Thanks Khalid Abdullah for giving the people their heroin for another year!

As for lack of runners - I am surprised there weren't more there to pick off the place money but if you have a decent horse with a chance of winning a nice race at some point in the next 3 weeks why bottom the horse out chasing a superstar? Owners are in it for the wins not the prize money.

Dreamer2020

Visit site
Enable was brilliant today :) I loved watching her ... other half was giggling whilst i was shouting encouragement at the tv. She gives me the same feeling watching her race as Frankel did. I love how Frankie calls her "his favourite girl".

Clodagh

Visit site
Enable was brilliant today :) I loved watching her ... other half was giggling whilst i was shouting encouragement at the tv. She gives me the same feeling watching her race as Frankel did. I love how Frankie calls her "his favourite girl".
I always ride the finish! Luckily the dogs are used to it now.:D

lar

Visit site
I just wanted to say something about Frankie and how much I admire his horsemanship. It's something I've noted before and it's not when he's riding the big race winners. It's when he is on the losers. It happened in the Moet and Chandon race today. He was on the favourite. He asked it to go. There was clearly nothing there. Within a few lengths he realised there was nothing there and eased it right right back so he finished plumb last but probably preserved the horse for a better performance in future.

Visit site
I know she didn't beat a lot but she didn't need to. The whole idea was to go for essentially a racecourse gallop and that was achieved.

The Arc will be an interesting race. I would love to see Enable bow out with a win in the Arc but Love is looking to be the one to beat. Fillies, especially young fillies, do very well in the race.

Clodagh

Visit site
Well it’s tomorrow. Heavy ground and Love not going.
I heard something about the other Coolmore horses possibly not running due to contaminated food? What’s all that about?
Can’t wait for tomorrow. Stradivarius too. ❤️

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
a feed company who the o'briens use has had some feed contaminated, there is a trainer over here who also has not run their horses today, horses are to be tested according to itv racing