Equimins vitamin e

NinjaPony

Visit site
Well, this is extremely disappointing. I’ve always been very happy with their products, but knowingly deceiving customers is beyond the pale, so I won’t be purchasing anything from them again. Once again I’m grateful to be on HHO, thanks for alerting us all!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
As I said I have no knowledge of it but what is the difference between natural and synthetic in terms of how it works?

Natural is twice as effective basically. All of the molecules in natural vitamin E can be absorbed and utilised. Only half the molecules in synthetic vitamin E are the same shape, the others are a mirror image shape that isn't absorbed.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
As I said I have no knowledge of it but what is the difference between natural and synthetic in terms of how it works?

ester may come along with a scientific explanation but it's to do with bioavailability and I think the synthetic is less than half that of natural?

ets lots of people there before me. And yes I have been seeing posts elsewhere about people with pssm horses who have been having issues which are now potentially explained by the fact they've been using equimins ...

Visit site
I think the actual chemistry is slightly more complicated but as a working explanation the above suffices in my head.

Stereo isomerism :) basically when building synthetic molecules you can't control how the reactants piece themselves together so have two different arrangements of the constituents, giving two possible shapes of the molecule with the same chemical formula. Only one of the possible synthetic shapes can bind to the active site of the enzyme but all of the natural ones.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Suggest people who've bought from them email for a refund. Or contact your banks and do it through them.

If it doesn't say natural when you bought it, which i never checked because it always used to, then you (I) can't claim a refund.

Shocking way to run a company!

MonochromeChaos

New User
Visit site
I'll have screenshots if anyone has them, please.

Just checked my order history, and I've had £375 worth of this from them. And the mare tied up during that period.

Happily we went onto powdered natural, mostly as it was easier to feed, but I'm raging at the fact that they were mis-selling it for so long.

(so angry I registered here in order to post this. Lol!)

Julia0803

Visit site
Does anyone know when the website changed? I bought some in the first few days of January, knowing it was natural having read about it on here. I thought it still said natural then, but maybe I was mistaken.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Thanks, DF, for the screenshots of the cached web pages.

It was a waffly and unimpressive way to describe it even then.

Equimins Vitamin E Oil
This natural oil is an excellent way to provide Vitamin E in its most natural form.

Whereas Forageplus sell Vitamin E Oil for Horses – Natural

And Progressive Earth sell
VITAMIN E (NATURAL) – RRR alpha-tocopherol. Equine immune system support, muscle health, nerve function, oxidative stress, performance.
Superior bio-availability.

Progressive Earth and Forageplus also sell synthetic Vit E, which is a lot cheaper, and are clear to show which is which.

paddy555

Visit site
Replied on your FB but I had the same dismissive and rude replies when advance complete made 2 of my horses (out of 3, the third was on exactly the same feed and grazing but got Pro Balance supp) really ill.

It was their second tub and it was a different shade of supp but in date etc I put it down to natural product varying in colour etc. It made the two of them really ill and the 2yr old was all burnt the diarrhoea was so bad. As soon as I stopped the supp in their feed their droppings returned to normal.

I contacted David and he was very dismissive. I sent him two samples as he claimed not to have received the first one. Didnt get any replies after sending the second (both at my expense) and I gave up after that. He clearly didnt care about what could have been in his supp to cause the damage.

I fid wonder with all the HHO talk of this company how long it would take for someone to have an issue and have the same experience as I did...

I was in the same situation. I got a new tub of advance complete and the horses wouldn't eat it. My response however was different. Rang David who immediately sent me a new tub. He explained how they sources the ingredients, they had a new source for one item and that had caused the smell, colour and unpalatability. The service with my problem was excellent.

Julia0803

Visit site
I saw recently that Gravenhorse sell natural vitamin e, but I don’t know how it compares in terms of strength to forage plus or pro-earth

Ellietotz

Visit site
Replied on your FB but I had the same dismissive and rude replies when advance complete made 2 of my horses (out of 3, the third was on exactly the same feed and grazing but got Pro Balance supp) really ill.

It was their second tub and it was a different shade of supp but in date etc I put it down to natural product varying in colour etc. It made the two of them really ill and the 2yr old was all burnt the diarrhoea was so bad. As soon as I stopped the supp in their feed their droppings returned to normal.

I contacted David and he was very dismissive. I sent him two samples as he claimed not to have received the first one. Didnt get any replies after sending the second (both at my expense) and I gave up after that. He clearly didnt care about what could have been in his supp to cause the damage.

I fid wonder with all the HHO talk of this company how long it would take for someone to have an issue and have the same experience as I did...

May I ask what you feed as an alternative? Assuming you changed. I feed this and that's a huge concern. I do find the product does differ frequently but I assumed this was normal but I'm a worrier so I'd rather change to something more reliable perhaps. Thank you.

ETA: I've just received my new tub and my mare has stopped eating her feed. I thought she wasn't hungry although it's extremely odd for her!

ycbm

Visit site
I saw recently that Gravenhorse sell natural vitamin e, but I don’t know how it compares in terms of strength to forage plus or pro-earth

Forageplus is 1000iu in 2g, 500,000iu in a kilo.

Gravenhorse is only 50,000iu per kilo, so you need to multiply the price by 10 that makes it much more expensive.

TPO

Visit site
May I ask what you feed as an alternative? Assuming you changed. I feed this and that's a huge concern. I do find the product does differ frequently but I assumed this was normal but I'm a worrier so I'd rather change to something more reliable perhaps. Thank you.

ETA: I've just received my new tub and my mare has stopped eating her feed. I thought she wasn't hungry although it's extremely odd for her!

Progressive Earth. My lot are now all on Pro Balance but I've used different ones like Pro Hoof and Pro Minerals depending on requirements. Pro Balance works well as a one size fits all for mine

ycbm

Visit site
Progressive Earth. My lot are now all on Pro Balance but I've used different ones like Pro Hoof and Pro Minerals depending on requirements. Pro Balance works well as a one size fits all for mine

I have read recently about a lot of hidden iron in Equimins so I'm never buying that again either.

Ellietotz

Visit site
I have read recently about a lot of hidden iron in Equimins so I'm never buying that again either.

This is such a huge shame.

I remember buying their little tub of garlic powder too and the powder itself wreaked of plastic too like it had been melted or left somewhere hot.

Elno

Visit site
Holy crap and I just bought 10 kgs worth of advance complete pellets from them, for a price of 2000 kr (roughly £174) from a Swedish reseller ??

Iron?! That was what I was trying to avoid! ?

Elno

Visit site
Shocked me too, I'm half way through 10kg in a place with sky high iron. Not happy.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...preadsheet-equimins-ac-vs-forage-plus.797829/

Goddammit! ???

Our forage have enormous amount of Iron and manganese and minimal amount of copper and zink, and my horse is barefoot. Hopefully they haven't sent the item yet, maybe I will be able to stop the shipment first thing monday....

So dissapointed. I use and like Forageplus but my horse decided that she won't eat the sugar beet I mix it in with (and honestly she doesn't really need the extra calories), and because of the whole Brexit issue they also stopped all their shipping abroad anyways, so I was looking for a decent replacement and read here on the forum actually that people recommended Equimins.

paddy555

Visit site
Shocked me too, I'm half way through 10kg in a place with sky high iron. Not happy.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...preadsheet-equimins-ac-vs-forage-plus.797829/

your 3rd comment on this thread about iron. Sky high iron. That is 1129 mg/kg. PE pro hoof plat has 5510. I think AC is about half way along the iron table so hardly sky high although it does have iron as just about every other supplement on the table.

I feed advanced complete for one simple reason and that is
it works and I can see a difference. I will not be changing. There may well be different soil and vegetation types throughout the country and different supplements may work better in some areas than others. AC works in our area. I had no success with PE here. Clearly it works better elsewhere.

I was not aware that the oil was synthetic although it would have made no difference to me. I have been very happy with it. I cannot find an oil (as opposed to powder) any cheaper. However that is irrelevant to me. All that matters is if it works. It took my horse that had collapsed on the ground tied up back into a riding horse who is ridden daily. `So I am afraid that the comment "Synthetic also does very little for pssm horses" is, certainly in our case inaccurate. It did a lot and in fact probably saved the horse.

I simply buy products based on if they work for my horses. Money has no relevance. All that matters is results.

ETA all my horses are barefoot and it was due to a cushings horse that couldn't grow feet that I started using equimins in the first place as their product produced sufficient growth.

Visit site
your 3rd comment on this thread about iron. Sky high iron. That is 1129 mg/kg. PE pro hoof plat has 5510. I think AC is about half way along the iron table so hardly sky high although it does have iron as just about every other supplement on the table.

I feed advanced complete for one simple reason and that is
it works and I can see a difference. I will not be changing. There may well be different soil and vegetation types throughout the country and different supplements may work better in some areas than others. AC works in our area. I had no success with PE here. Clearly it works better elsewhere.

I was not aware that the oil was synthetic although it would have made no difference to me. I have been very happy with it. I cannot find an oil (as opposed to powder) any cheaper. However that is irrelevant to me. All that matters is if it works. It took my horse that had collapsed on the ground tied up back into a riding horse who is ridden daily. `So I am afraid that the comment "Synthetic also does very little for pssm horses" is, certainly in our case inaccurate. It did a lot and in fact probably saved the horse.

I simply buy products based on if they work for my horses. Money has no relevance. All that matters is results.

Disclaimer after the event I don't know much about pssm whatsoever.... Happy you've found something that works for your horse. Only posting on here because it gets so much traffic and I know vit e is important to managing pssm horses.