Eventing 2024 Season Thread

Chuffy99

Visit site
Yes classic isn’t it, two lovely new training sites in the East in Radley Green and Keysoe but when we’re all ready trained up, there’s no where to go and compete

BACR

Visit site
Yes classic isn’t it, two lovely new training sites in the East in Radley Green and Keysoe but when we’re all ready trained up, there’s no where to go and compete
I know, I was out schooling last weekend in GW and he's ready but now I've got nowhere to go!! Is the all weather course open at Keysoe do you know? I keep checking their website and it's been "coming soon" for about a year.

Michen

Visit site

Our round from Sunday! I’m just chuffed to bits with him, I can’t stop watching it.

Definitely needed to get moving more around the first part of the course to make the time, but that’s on me. He was well up for it from the word go! Nice to know I’ve managed to get him fit enough as didn’t feel tired at all by the end.

You’d think he’d done hundreds of BE90s, not two 18mo ago which were horribly messy and just all over the place. Then spent the last 12mo at 80cm trying to get over a particularly nappy phase which knocked both our confidence.

I loved watching that! He looks great. I too remember your posts when things weren't great and you'd never know, he looks super on it with his job!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Alas, I've had to withdraw from Osberton. S's head wound is healing up nicely from the outside, but just having the odd trickle of old blood nasal discharge still - vets have checked him out and he needs to continue to take it moderately easy for a few more weeks - no galloping or intense work. So doesn't look like we'll be out again until the end of May/early June at Belsay :(

Might manage to get the younger one out to Shelford the weekend before that if his SJ continues to improve. And because I was feeling sad about not getting to the fun big events, I've entered him for some little arena eventing at Chatsworth. I figured that would be a good test of whether he can retain his newly found SJ focus in a more pressurised environment (without any actual pressure - because the jumps will only be 90cm...)

TheMule

Visit site
Alas, I've had to withdraw from Osberton. S's head wound is healing up nicely from the outside, but just having the odd trickle of old blood nasal discharge still - vets have checked him out and he needs to continue to take it moderately easy for a few more weeks - no galloping or intense work. So doesn't look like we'll be out again until the end of May/early June at Belsay :(

Might manage to get the younger one out to Shelford the weekend before that if his SJ continues to improve. And because I was feeling sad about not getting to the fun big events, I've entered him for some little arena eventing at Chatsworth. I figured that would be a good test of whether he can retain his newly found SJ focus in a more pressurised environment (without any actual pressure - because the jumps will only be 90cm...)

That’s unlucky, what a shame when he's going so well 👎