Facebook - Horse shot by livery owner

Goldenstar

Visit site
It looks like it was on loan, that's even more appalling .
If this is true ,
I hope they throw every thing they can think of at him .
I hope the owner sues him for her ' loss ' the financial and emotional.
Just terrible on every level.
I hope every single livery leaves today and no body ever goes to anything at this place again while it is in this persons hands .
The RSPCA need to move their horses elsewhere and terminate their contract as soon as they can.

Mananzwa

Visit site
It cannot possibly be legal to shoot a horse over a debt. You cannot seize goods without a court order. Removing it from the yard and taking it to her house alive I'll accept - but for £30.00??????

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
All the farriers have posted that they wont be going there again, I hope everyone moves their horses of there pronto! I know I would and I hope livery yards in the area help accomadate people and horses. The poor girl whos horse it was is getting abit of abuse! I dont condone this abuse one bit, horrible people! I hope the man gets shot himself.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have now read all the comments, it makes no difference what the girl has/hasn't done. (not sure if becki is the loaner/owner??) That is not the way to go about resolving a dispute!

3OldPonies

Visit site
The people that did this are the most despicable sort of scum on the planet. They ought to be shot themselves.

If I were closer I would be offering a home to anyone needing to leave the place because they need to get out immediately.

My utmost sympathies to the horse, the person who had loaned the horse and the horse's owner. At a time the loaner and owner need to be able to grieve they are going to be beset by questions from all over, not just the people (Police and RSPCA) who have to ask questions in order to bring the scumbags to court.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
We are not that close but could probably offer some temp grass livery short term - but I'm sure there's loads of people closer :)

rockysmum

Visit site
I note the arrest is due to criminal damage. I have a feeling there might be a back story we don't know about.

I would think that until it is investigated the only thing they have is dumping the poor creature over the hedge. Perhaps they damaged the hedge, the other alternative would be fly tipping. How the horse died will need further investigation I would think

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
The criminal damage will refer to the horse. In the eyes of the law it is a 'good', like a car would be. Unfortunately, I doubt if a custodial sentence can follow a conviction for criminal damage.

The only course of action available to the owner will be to pursue a civil case.

I hope that every-one on the yard manages to find somewhere safe, very quickly and the RSPCA can find something to charge him with but I doubt the latter, really.

rockysmum

Visit site
The criminal damage will refer to the horse. In the eyes of the law it is a 'good', like a car would be. Unfortunately, I doubt if a custodial sentence can follow a conviction for criminal damage.

The only course of action available to the owner will be to pursue a civil case.

I hope that every-one on the yard manages to find somewhere safe, very quickly and the RSPCA can find something to charge him with but I doubt the latter, really.

Actually it does carry a prison sentence, 10 years :D

Criminal Damage - Simple

Date Produced: 1 July 2011
Title: Criminal Damage
Offence: Criminal Damage - simple
Legislation: S1(1) CRIMINAL DAMAGE ACT 1971
Mode of Trial: Either Way. Treated as summary only if less than £5000
Statutory Limitations & Maximum Penalty: Maximum when tried on indictment: 10 years. Maximum when tried summarily: Level 5 fine and/or 6 months. Triable only summarily less than £5,000:
Maximum penalty: Level 4 fine and/or 3 months

Aggravating & Mitigating Factors
Intentional / reckless.
Motivation - revenge or political
Hate Crime
Pre-planned.
Extent of damage.
Damage to a school or other public amenity.
Damage to emergency equipment.
Significant public or private fear caused.

NellRosk

Visit site
All the farriers have posted that they wont be going there again, I hope everyone moves their horses of there pronto! I know I would and I hope livery yards in the area help accomadate people and horses. The poor girl whos horse it was is getting abit of abuse! I dont condone this abuse one bit, horrible people! I hope the man gets shot himself.

I was on the York horsey fb page and there were loads of offers from people offering emergency livery which is lovely.

Custard Cream

Visit site
Press release: TWO men have been arrested after a horse was killed and dumped in a garden overnight.

North Yorkshire Police and the RSPCA were called to the property in Raskelf, near Easingwold, at about 9.30 last night, after the owner reported the horse she hired had been shot and killed.

The Press understands the horse had been killed and driven to the property in the bucket of a JCB before being dumped in the garden, and local reports suggest it was over a small unpaid debt.

Donna Spencer, from Acomb, was at the scene last night, and said: "The lady only had the horse on loan, she didn't own it.

"He phoned her and threatened her, and said if she didn't pay the money, the horse would be tied up in her garden. I'm just sickened, I can't believe someone has stooped so low to shoot someone's horse over £30. This needs to get out there."

Police have today confirmed a 36-year-old man from Raskelf and a 53-year-old man from York were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage at about 12.30am today, and currently remain in police custody.

FionaM12

Visit site

Why would anyone abuse her? :confused3:

NellRosk

Visit site
If it's true he's done this before, why on earth was anyone there at all?

This is the question I've been asking myself! Unless it wasn't known to many people/ was thought to just be a far-fetched rumour? You know what the horsey world is like for unproven rumours!

eta just seen Custard Cream's post, 4 years ago isn't that long ago so should have still been fresh in people's minds!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the previous seems mostly to involve possible abandoned gypsy horses so a bit different, and some story about some dogs.