Final Jerry update

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
First of all thankyou so much for all the hugs and vibes, I am a bit overwhelmed.

Spoke to Sue earlier and it wasn't good news. Basically the ligament which joins the navicular bone and the tendon is completely shot in both feet. Cant remember exactly what it was called as was in shock still. Very slim chance of him ever coming sound infront, even without the hock problems (which she said were very severe on their own)

She said even if he came sound infront it is an injury that is very likely to reoccur, so she wouldn't even contemplate operating on the hocks
frown.gif

So it looks like my superstar is destined to be a field ornament for the rest of his life
frown.gif
(I know i should probably be sensible and business like and have him pts but I'm afraid I'm too soft for that)

I don't know where I go from here, spent most of my savings on the MRI scan, and now have nothing to event and a very expensive pet to look after but never mind.

So thank you Jerry for trying your best for me, I truly believe this horse would have gone advanced but it was obviously not meant to be
frown.gif

Untitled-3.jpg

_Acolyte_

Visit site
So sorry to hear that Madhector
frown.gif
I'm sure Jerry will enjoy a relaxing and happy life as a very handsome field ornament but (((hugs))) again for you
frown.gif

Ziggy_

Visit site
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

all this from a few stops XC??!!

What a nightmare, and what an incredibly brave, honest horse

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

lucym

Visit site
o elle im so sorry, i dont knwo what to say, the biggest of hugs, all i will say is that he is a very lucky boy to have you to look after him, i know you will do everything to make him happy and healthy
xxx

Twigben

Visit site
I am so so sorry to hear about what has happened. I dont normally post much on here but i totally understand where you are at the moment - my girl has damaged both collaterol ligaments in both front feet and is 3 months into her box rest. I only found out after i looked more into why she landed to the left after jumping. She also has navicular (found in the MRI), damage to her tendon from roughening of the navicular and two facet joints almost touching in her spine (vet said signs of kissing spine). I know that she wont ever compete at the level she was at but the vets are holding out all hope that she will be able to be lightly ridden. She has had catrophen injections, shockwave, remedial shoeing, box rest and cosequin supplement.

I know how devasating it is to have the horse of your dreams taken so cruelly from you but i am hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel for both of us.

I am at the end of a PM if you need to compare notes or get things off your chest!

Big hugs x

H-J

www.piczo.com
Oh no Els im lost for words for you
frown.gif
you know how much I rate J, am soooo upset for you.

My 5yr old Golly was a bit like this bit of a non started, had navicular in all 4 feet and that was it, sooo gutting
frown.gif

TGM

Visit site
I'm truly shocked and saddened to hear this.
frown.gif
You have persevered so hard with this horse, when so many people would have given up a long time ago. How sad that his talent looks like it will never be fully realised.
frown.gif

flohelf

Visit site
This is so unfair on both of you...

Don't really know what to say except that my thoughts are with you and your very special J.
I hope that he will never be in the kind of pain that cannot be relieved.
Loads of hugs coming your way.
xxxxxx

dixie

Visit site
What devastating news, quite unbelievable about the speed of things. I'm really really sorry to hear your news, J was one of my favourite horses to follow.