Final Jerry update

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear that, ive been following jerry and your competitions and really enjoyed all the reports.

It is so hard when you try so hard with a horse and then it all goes wrong! Sending you both massive Hugs

Saf

community.webshots.com
I am so sorry, I have tears running down my face, nothing I can say can make you feel better but my thoughts are with you, this could be any of our horses and makes me sit up and think
Huge hugs x

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Oh no, I'm so gutted for you..... I really took a shine to him, and thought that you had a huge future with him.
I've a big lump in my throat as I know how hard it is.
He'd be a field ornament for me too...
Huge hugs to you, what a bloody waste of a lovely horse.........

Tangaroo

Visit site
So sorry to hear this. I am not trying to give you hope but i was told this about my boy 4 years ago. He had MRI scans and had degeneration of the tendon going over the navicular bone. (He was 6) Liphook hospital said he would never be sound and he could either be a companion or be PTS !
Four years on he is sound (touch wood!) and has been for 31/2 years and has just competed in his first intro.
I have my vet and farrier to thank for this and i owe them everything.
Thinking of you and lots of hugs.

mattilda

Visit site
So so sorry MH for both you and Jerry. He looks a truly wonderful horse. Was dreading opening your post as I feared the worst and it proved to be only slightly better than that. Why do we have them? They break our hearts sound and lame allowing us to feel like we are flying occasionally when they show us what superstars they really are. I'm afraid I would do as you are and keep him as an expensive pet for as long as I can.

Bubblegum

Visit site
Just got in from an eve out... and read this very sad thread. So so sorry for you MH and the lovely Jerry.
I have loved reading all your posts, and like many others on here, feel like I know Jerry a little bit even though of course I don't.
I am truly gutted for you. Neither of you deserve this outcome.
Big Hugs ... xx

S_N

Visit site
Oh sweetie!! I am so sorry to hear this news!! I see now that there are a few posts about him in here, but I so rarely come in here, I had no idea!! I'm so sorry hun!! HUGE, HUGE hugs for you!!! I'm here if you need me!! xx

misst

Visit site
So sorry to hear this have been watching your posts. I do know how you feel, it is very bitter but it gets better in time..... You obviously love him very very much he is lucky to have you.
((((HUGS))))).

seabiscuit

Visit site
Oh Ellie, I am so devestated and upset on your behalf. I could cry!! Totally shocked
frown.gif
frown.gif
You must be feeling like the bottom has fallen out of your world
frown.gif

All I can say is that there WILL be other horses- I know that it wont be Jerry- no-one can take his place but you will get another horse sometime soon that can take you the places that you want to go . And yes the amazing bargain horses are out there as well!

FYI if Jerry was mine, I'd operate on the hinds and then turn him away for two years, barefoot, to fix the feet. Good old Dr green does work magic....

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
You summed it up perfectly
frown.gif

Had I orgionally noticed the hind limb lameness then I think I might have taken the risk and gone against the advice and had the op anyway, but I dont trust myself to see if there is a problem in the future and couldnt bare the thought of him carrying on despite being in pain
frown.gif

Plus the likely hood is even if he comes sound in front he wont stay sound if he jumps, which is what he is built to do.

ruscara

Visit site
I have honestly only just caught up with all this, and just want to say how very sorry I am. How devastating for you, all your hopes and ambitions shattered, and a whole new future for Jerry to come to terms with. So terribly sad.

trefilan

Visit site
This is so sad, really, really big hugs. You have put so much work into him and persivered until something clicked. It is such a shame that such a talented horse that you found and produced yourself should go wrong. You are the type of person who this thing shouldnt happen to, the hard working for what you have.

Marnie

Visit site
I've been following your updates although haven't posted before and really hoped for better news for both of you. So very sorry about this (((hugs)))

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I really can't believe it
frown.gif

I'm another one who has had a horse (well, pony) defy veterinary prognosis and have to admit I would take on board all the vet says - and then see what a year in a field does. It is not unheard of for little miracles to occur every now and again *passes straw to clutch at whilst offering a truly heartfelt hug*

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
**hugs** for you hun! Im so so sorry to hear this... but horses are meant to try us, and as Hattikins on here has said before, you're just using up your bad luck before a run of amazing goodluck somewhere soon to come. Im so gutted for you, but hes amazingly lucky to have you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

buzzles

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, it's so unexpected
frown.gif
There is always still hope though, as others have said a year out in the field and you may be able to reasess and be surprised, my horse was written off by a number of top vets as a broodmare for the rest of her life, yet 18 months on is back jumping.

WeeBrown

Visit site
So sorry to read this. I've been on and off on HHO in the last week so not seen your posts and didn't know how it was developing. Nothing I say can make it better but **hugs**. I loved your posts about your progress with him, you've come so far and he has taught you so much.