AshryOTTB

Visit site
The vet you choose for the vetting will be able to tell you how long they’ll take.

But how can you transport the horse if you don’t drive? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sorry i meant viewing time not vetting.
My sister has a licence, all i meant earlier was that she would be privately transported.

JBM

Visit site
A viewing can take 30 minutes or 90 for a 2 year old depends yourself what you’re doing with the horse to have a look at it
2 stage vetting like 30 minutes to an hour
MAYBE

moosea

Visit site
No excuse for having a vet out to chip a youngeter and not getting a passport done at the same time.

Huge red flag for me.
You may have been told who the dam and sire are but in all fairness I was told the moon was made out of cheese when I was young and what do you know, turns out that was not true!
What is the reason for no passport?

AshryOTTB

Visit site
No excuse for having a vet out to chip a youngeter and not getting a passport done at the same time.

Huge red flag for me.
You may have been told who the dam and sire are but in all fairness I was told the moon was made out of cheese when I was young and what do you know, turns out that was not true!
What is the reason for no passport?
was explained earlier, but doesnt matter as i have cancelled viewing

AshryOTTB

Visit site
A viewing can take 30 minutes or 90 for a 2 year old depends yourself what you’re doing with the horse to have a look at it
2 stage vetting like 30 minutes to an hour
MAYBE
Thank you so much, i'll probably allow 2 hours for viewing and 1 1/2 for vetting, i just needed a rough guide. I was so worried i'd allow 2 hours to go and see the horse and find out it can actually take 3 or 4 when i need to get back home!

Reactions: JBM

Lois Lame

Visit site
I presume you are asking these questions for future reference, as you have cancelled the viewing. I have a similar communication style as you, OP, and now I understand why I come across the way I do. This is NOT as insult, it is an education for me. Good luck and I hope things go well. :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
10pm

was explained earlier, but doesnt matter as i have cancelled viewing

10.03pm

Thank you so much, i'll probably allow 2 hours for viewing and 1 1/2 for vetting, i just needed a rough guide. I was so worried i'd allow 2 hours to go and see the horse and find out it can actually take 3 or 4 when i need to get back home!

Cancelled at 10pm, still need timing details at 10.03

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷

Why on earth would you think you would spend 3 or 4 hours viewing a 2 year old? What were you planning on doing 🤔 ?

timefort

Visit site
Why on earth would you think you would spend 3 or 4 hours viewing a 2 year old? What were you planning on doing 🤔 ?
To be fair, one viewing I went to (unbroken 3yr old, admittedly not recently) I spent a good hour playing with the horse, grooming, twiddling about trying different things, seeing horse trotted up etc. As horse was stabled when I arrived, I wanted to see what the horse was like to be caught and brought in away from the herd. Seller let me turn horse out and we went and had a cuppa and chat about horse for about an hour before catching in. So, easily eating into the 3rd hour of the viewing.

So, OP, I think the answer is that the viewing can take as long as it takes - I'm sorry, that's not the most helpful answer. I consider that if the seller is prepared (within reason) to take any amount of time with you then it really demonstrates that they have nothing to hide. Good luck with your viewing as and when you have one.

(Edit to attempt to improve grammar!)

eggs

Visit site
Not sure now if OP has cancelled the viewing or not. However as others have said - huge red flags, especially if daughter is switched on as OP says.

It has been the law for sometime now for all foals to be passported and chipped by 6 months.

Without the passport being issued with the covering certificate there is no guarantee that the breeding details are correct.

To answer the OP - viewing can take as long as you want and horse should only be transported with the physical passport.