For those against Rollkur.....

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Or, is it to passify us lot sitting on our arses :D (in ref to comment made by dressage blog about us on forums)

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
If they can be delivered to ireland ill get one for sure ! hate seeing show jumpers and dressage riders doing rollkur ! Marcus ehning for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-qaXlmaEFU

Marcus is one of the quietest riders I have ever watched that was 20 seconds if that and the horse wasnt even moving forward, it looked like he was trying to keep its concentration and flex him.

I love seeing correctly trained horses Carls and Charlottes for example but Im not sure what wearing hoodies is really going to achieve, most people wont have a clue what Rollkur is!

joeanne

Visit site
Ahhhh but those using it WILL and as such may be shamed into not using it.
After all its we the public who pay to watch such events....if we don't like what we see, they need to know that!

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
I doubt it really if it works for them and they still get high marks they are not going to change, the tide is turning and correct work is being marked highly, but I still dont see how 30 people walking around in hoodies is going to change anything!

xxlindeyxx

Visit site
Marcus is one of the quietest riders I have ever watched that was 20 seconds if that and the horse wasnt even moving forward, it looked like he was trying to keep its concentration and flex him.

I love seeing correctly trained horses Carls and Charlottes for example but Im not sure what wearing hoodies is really going to achieve, most people wont have a clue what Rollkur is!

I agree that marcus is very quiet , but i have seen him doing rollkur and the horse looked very uncomfortable .

M_G

Visit site
Ahhhh well Holidays are coming what's the point in doing anything then? People said the same when women fought for the vote & people pointed out that sending children down mines was not a good idea not to mention rapping show jumpers now that was once just as popular

StrawberryFish

Visit site
I doubt it really if it works for them and they still get high marks they are not going to change, the tide is turning and correct work is being marked highly, but I still dont see how 30 people walking around in hoodies is going to change anything!

But it might bring it to others' attention and also it raises money for a good cause.
For that matter alone I'm happy to buy one :)

perfect11s

Visit site
No?? how do you work that out!!! so you're Patrik shittle or one of the other abusive cheats or a dressage judge and you see 30 people wearing a message critisizeing this training method its not going to make you think about what you are doing or seeing ..Hmm

M_G

Visit site
If I have missed PMing anyone please shout but everyone up to here should now know how to get hold of the Say NO to Rollkur tops. If I have missed anyone please shout/pm me x

HappyHooves

Visit site
I'd like a couple, please pm me.

If there are people who go to horsey events who don't know of Rollkur or understand how evil it is, maybe some educative fliers could be printed and placed under windscreen wipers in car parks at big events... some photos and computer links should spread the word. Or is that illegal?