Go on then, what do we think of the lace show jacket?

ozpoz

Visit site
I think they are two different horses? The chestnut looks in pain - no wonder with his sensitive flesh so compressed.
Re. the jacket, not for me - but variety makes stuff interesting..

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
oh yes we had a chat about them before I think.

hard to tell if different horses or just photos on different days.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the article only refers to one horse so I was assuming both pics were the same horse.
I just posted a random google image

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think it looks daft. Too busy with the feathers as well. Might look ok with a sleek hairstyle. I'd quite like a jacket with a couple of contrasting lace covered panels or similar. But entirely see through lace just looks silly IMO. It's not an evening gown. Definitely sacrificed style for the sake of being wacky.

Tonto_

Visit site
I don't find it offensive or anything, it people's choice what they wear but I wouldn't wear it personally, would make me stand out too much when I f*** up!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I think it's only one step away from a string vest... And it's hideously impractical - mine would've nibbled the polos out of the pocket and ripped it, and I'd be shivering in the wet British weather, which would look tremendous...

that's a silver crown one, I just googled spider noseband :)

I'm mostly offended by the "spider" noseband which has 6 legs. That's clearly some kind of insect, not an arachnid.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
She's a grade A exhibitionist, isn't she? Good on her if she enjoys the attention.

scats

Visit site
She looks like some kind of mythical winged creature on a horse the way her feathers are behind her..!
I’m all for modernising things a bit when it comes to competition wear, but I don’t think a lace jacket is really my thing. Whatever floats your boat though!

Berpisc

Visit site
I guess I would find the whole thing more palatable if her horse wasn't tacked up to the eyeballs, but then I am only going on the pictures. I would look completely ridiculous in feathers and lacy jacket so am looking as an observer.

Actually I would be carted off and shot if I wore that :D:D

Nicnac

Visit site
I think she's inspirational as well as being a bloody good rider. Would I wear it - no. I am a traditionalist and old but realise that in order to move with the times, we have to change.

Who would have thought 10 or 20 years ago we would be wearing tights to ride in? Colourful long boots with bling, blingy browbands?

She always looks amazing and I admire her hugely for her non-conformism.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Sorry but I have to say to me the rider in her airtex jacket and barbie doll hair weave just looks feffing ridiculous to me. I wont even comment on the poor horse's bridle set up - then the air truly would be blue! I really do hope our younger up and coming riders won't be modelling themselves on this circus :mad:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think she's inspirational as well as being a bloody good rider. Would I wear it - no. I am a traditionalist and old but realise that in order to move with the times, we have to change.

Who would have thought 10 or 20 years ago we would be wearing tights to ride in? Colourful long boots with bling, blingy browbands?

yup I agree and I also think she's spoken out about anti-bullying and promoting kindness and diversity too.

oldie48

Visit site
She looks like some kind of mythical winged creature on a horse the way her feathers are behind her..!
I’m all for modernising things a bit when it comes to competition wear, but I don’t think a lace jacket is really my thing. Whatever floats your boat though!
I'm also for modernising competition wear. I love my washable stretchy shorter jacket, it's flattering and practical. I had a really lovely Pikeur Diana jacket but tbh it did nothing for me and needed to be dry cleaned so I sold it. I love the new riding tights, they fit me so much better now I no longer have either a waist or a bum. The ready tied stocks are beautiful and I can wear mine over a camisole when it's really hot and still look decent. The gloves are so much better now, I have no excuse for letting the reins slip through my fingers (still do though) and I love Rose's bit of bling on her bridle but feathers and lace are just a step too far a I still feel Id like the horse to be the star of the show.

Equi

Visit site
I didn't even get to look at her because all i saw was the flash on the horse...

But no i don't like her style for riding. Be original, be yourself, be a banana if you want...but in my opinion there are some uniforms that go with certain things and trying to be too out there is making people look at you more than the horse/talent and thats really not what horse sports should be about. Let your riding and horsemanship be what makes you better...not your silly hair and jackets.

That all being said, i actually like the jacket....just not for riding in a competition.

I think i remember someone saying though that the feathers supposedly help her horse fly over the jumps better? In which case is that not a tactical advantage? How is it being allowed by a safety standard though....

Never seen a hat like that before...hmmmmmm

Last edited:

catkin

Visit site
Ahh yes looks like @milliepops has got it!

The website selling that one explains the resoning;

As I understood the latest noseband research the grackle scored well because it doesn't press onto teeth/nerves on the face where a cavesson does - so why negate its good points by adding an extra strap?

And a grackle does not have to be done up tight to be effective.

Pippity

Visit site

I don't! My boots are black, my tack is brown, and even my clencher browband is about to be retired in favour of a plain one that's more comfortable for the horse. (Although I will confess to wearing multi-coloured jodhpurs, rather than the beige that was the only thing available when I was a kid.)

She and I have very different senses of style, but I definitely admire her for being so strongly herself.

miss_c

Visit site
Certainly not my cup of tea... but then I’m one who would look hideous in it.

How times have changed... I remember that tv show - Only Fools On Horses - and one of the judges laid into one of the female celebs who jumped with her hair loose, saying how in our sport we take care to look neat & tidy, etc. I think they’d have a fit at this!