Go on then, what do we think of the lace show jacket?

JFTDWS

Visit site
it happens, but the less money you have the more luck you need. And I not at all sure it happens on the US jumper circuit lol.

Oh god the US is scary money for this stuff. I just wanted a hat tip to the bricky turned Olympic event rider - which is a pretty impressive achievement, even if he probably was lucky too :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
millipops as always you are determined to carry things on to ensure you end up with the last word, so work away you are getting very repetitive and boring now and if you are really so obtuse that you truly read all that gumph into my opinion on this thread then perhaps it would be better if you went with your instinct and ignored my input - perhaps put me on user ignore might be sensible, but then if your day is so slow that it amuses you then feel free to carry on.

If MP bores you, why don't you put her on UI? It's not a one way street, you're allowed to use it too. It would be kinder than posting ad hominem attacks...

ihatework

Visit site
I yo-yo between ‘she looks a complete twit’ and ‘ I admire her for her confidence to express herself’

When it comes down to it I honestly couldn’t care less how she dresses because it doesn’t hurt anyone. I feel the same way about the gruesome matchy matchy sparkly dressage trend. Not for me but if others want to then they can fill their boots.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Oh god the US is scary money for this stuff. I just wanted a hat tip to the bricky turned Olympic event rider - which is a pretty impressive achievement, even if he probably was lucky too :)

hadn't heard of him tbh-dont follow eventing at all and of course its a great achievement whatever your background.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
On the whole I couldn’t care less what she’s wearing but as you’re asking.

IMO Any idiot can dress in funny clothes so not sure what it’s supposed to prove.

Why do people have to express themselves all the time anyway? Seems self-indulgent.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
lol let's all be like Mark Zuckerberg and wear the same clothes every day ;)

Some people like a strict uniform of equestrian sports that has been the same for decades, others will always push at the boundaries (endless queries on FB about what colour stirrups are allowed, for instance!) . there's room for everyone IMO.

Mule

Visit site
Doesn't that picture really show how accurate the moment in time thing can be. The horse looks completely fine in that photo yet it looked half strangled in the other one!
SC_Spider_noseband_3_1024x1024.JPG

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
lol let's all be like Mark Zuckerberg and wear the same clothes every day ;)

Some people like a strict uniform of equestrian sports that has been the same for decades, others will always push at the boundaries (endless queries on FB about what colour stirrups are allowed, for instance!) . there's room for everyone IMO.

Are you mocking Marks choice in clothes? :p

I just keep thinking that lace jacket will snag on something...

Mule

Visit site
hehe, nope I think it's pretty sensible tbh! I wear more or less the same thing every day at home. but I'm glad that the shops sell other things so I can choose to express my preferences at other times ;)
Talking about tech billionaires, I wasn't a fan of Steve Job's polo neck but i doubt he'd have been bothered about my opinion of his clothes :p

onemoretime

Visit site
Having looked again you are quite right, a grackle and a cavesson it would appear. I am not 100% sure of the purpose of the cavesson, as it doesn't look to be required for the bit or martingale or anything?

As a side note: I have always thought it to be counterintuative to have a cranked up flash/grackle and then to put nose strips on to aid breathing.

Poor horse I though they had stewards checking flanks and nosebands at the bigger shows.

View attachment 37714

Nicnac

Visit site
@MrsJingle You asked why I find her inspirational. You then wrote about talented young riders without family money.

I said I find her inspirational and a bloody good rider. The two are not necessarily connected.

The reason I find her inspirational is because she doesn't accept the status quo. As a woman she finds the colour white unflattering; she finds the 'dry clean' only labels on show gear restrictive when travelling and competing. She wants to make comfortable and practical competition gear so has started to design riding wear which is affordable, practical and different. A competition top which incorporates a sports bra for example - no wires, no zippers. The lace jacket can be thrown into a washing machine, scrunched up small to pack and comes out ready to wear. I admire her for being different, quirky and challenging some of the old stuffy traditions and brave enough to be herself.

BBP

Visit site
I like it. The jacket and the feathers. I think if equestrian sports want to appeal to a wider audience then why not have some recognisable characters within the sport? 20/20 cricket is way more interesting to me than test matches and has increased the popularity of cricket worldwide because it broke from tradition. I’m perhaps out of touch but there are very few horses and riders within SJ now that I instantly recognise, they all merge into one. Yet this is a lady who is instantly recognisable. A bit more colour and energy and enthusiasm doesn’t negate the talent required to win a class and I think is a breath of fresh air. But I ride my horse bitless or bridleless, and just want to see fit happy horses enjoying their job without giving a stuff what the rider wears, so imagine my opinion is worth very little to many.

Queenbee

Visit site
The one pic... the tightness of the grackle make me uncomfortable, however in subsequent pics... it looks a much kinder fit... I will abstain judgement

I think the feathers in the hair, whilst wildly impractical are pretty funky - is it wrong that I like them?!

I have seen some stunningly beautiful modern jackets more recently, this is not one of them, it looks cheap and trashy and badly made... I am sure it was neither cheap nor badly made... but it doesn't float my boat at all.

Oh please if you must quote latin at me then do understand what you are saying - oh the delicious irony! :rolleyes::D

Sorry Mrs J... I didn't follow all the conversations but ad hominem and I quote the oracle of Wiki:

Typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

You did appear to resort to that and so JFTD's use in this context was entirely correct. I would concur UI would perhaps be the best approach. x

JFTDWS

Visit site
Cheers, QB. I will accept many criticisms - I have many flaws - but I do have a reasonable grasp of Latin, and if I were in any doubt, I would definitely have double checked before posting.

Call me an arrogant, annoying, pedantic bastard all you like, but don't knock my classical education 🤣 🤣

Queenbee

Visit site
Cheers, QB. I will accept many criticisms - I have many flaws - but I do have a reasonable grasp of Latin, and if I were in any doubt, I would definitely have double checked before posting.

Call me an arrogant, annoying, pedantic bastard all you like, but don't knock my classical education 🤣 🤣

You're an arrogant, annoying, pedantic bastard x

But I'm right with you on a classical education chicken, and happy to help x